BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea At Ewood

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the starting line-up for this game will be crucial. Chelsea's billionaires will win, that's obvious, but our ambitious under Sam Allardyce will be tested here. If he starts with Keith Andrews and Diouf, I think it it safe to say we will never progress under this manager. We cannot simply be content with beating the Boltons and the Wigans and then rolling over for the big clubs. This is not what Blackburn Rovers should be about, regardless of what's "realistic" or "expected".

NO to 4-5-1.

Can't believe some people are thinking it is going to be 4/5-0. I hope you're not as negative on the day, the players will need our support. We are good at home, and Chelsea have lost 4 out of their last 8 games in all competitions. They're hardly at the top of their game.

We've got nothing to lose in this one, so I really hope we go for it, stick Niko and Roberts up front together and maybe surprise Chelsea a little. If we play 4-5-1 we all know what'll happen - we'll go 2-0 by about 50 mins and with barely a whimper, then we'll bring another striker on, begin to press them, possibly nick a goal and rue not making an earlier change/starting more positively. :rolleyes:

Last time we played them we had 3 strikers on and look what happened. Come on Sam, show us you can be positive - WE WANT 2 UP FRONT EVERY HOME GAME TIL THE END OF THE SEASON!!

Why do we?

Didnt Inter play with 1 striker the other night?!

Inter have far more quality than us and are able to support the lone striker, something we just can't do on a regular basis.

Well i think we know for sure we won't score. So the best we can get out of this game is a draw.

However, i believe we will get beat pretty comfortably.

Kalinic will be marked out of this game. He is simply not good enough (yet) against the top teams in this league.

You probably have a point in regards to Niko and his inexperience, I think having to feed off scraps and hoof ball with no support isn't helping. We haven't created anywhere near enough chances in recent games and the support for Niko has been a complete joke. I can't see this changing against Chelsea.

Why do we?

Didnt Inter play with 1 striker the other night?!

Inter started with 3 stikers; Eto'o, Milito and Pandev.

If Sam has any balls then he will start with both Kalinic and Di Santo seeing as we only came close to looking like a football team against Tottenham when these two were on the pitch together. My prediction is he doesn't and will line up with a ridiculously defensive side as he'd have written this game off already.

Would love to be proved wrong though...

Inter started with 3 stikers; Eto'o, Milito and Pandev.

If Sam has any balls then he will start with both Kalinic and Di Santo seeing as we only came close to looking like a football team against Tottenham when these two were on the pitch together. My prediction is he doesn't and will line up with a ridiculously defensive side as he'd have written this game off already.

Would love to be proved wrong though...

Wouldn't have thought Di Santo would be allowed to play?

Wouldn't have thought Di Santo would be allowed to play?

Good point. Just woke up...

With that in mind, I'd take an offensive 4-5-1/4-3-3 over Roberts in the starting X1 with Hoillet, Dunn and Pedersen playing off Kalinic. Roberts is a complete waste off space these days. Granted, he could never score in a brothel but at least he used to hassle defenders and cause a bit of mischief. Recently all he does is shove his oversized backside into defenders midriffs and moans more pathetically than Spit when the referee inevitably gives free kicks against him.

Archived