BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea At Ewood

what a second half!

The defense was excellent. Jones was superb, cant believe he's only 18. Long term contract for him please.

Special mention for N'zonzi, aerial ability and can run all day.

Well done big sam, can understand the fans feelings on taking off kalanic, but big Sam knows what he's doing and its time we put all our faith in him.

very proud for once this season we didn't lay down to the big boys.

What a ball from salgado for the goal btw!

Got to disagree on N'Zonzi today fraser, while he was good in the air once it came to feet he was poor and turned the ball over numerous times.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, Sam has been very good about giving younger players a chance.

Heck of a point, heck of a performance. Samba was immense. Would like to see the replay of the shot towards the end. It was a corner, so either was a save by Brown or a stop on the line by Andrews.

very pleased with Jones - it's nice to see so many youngsters breaking into the team!

What a great message Big Sam has sent out to the youngsters in the Blackburn reserves/academy by giving Jones a league debut against Chelsea. I'm sure everyone will be buzzing about todays result.

What a great message Big Sam has sent out to the youngsters in the Blackburn reserves/academy by giving Jones a league debut against Chelsea. I'm sure everyone will be buzzing about todays result.

Fantastic result and it's about time we started bringing through some of our own young players from the academy... :rover:

What a magnificent talent we have! Phil Jones played like he would have always played this level. He wasn´t man of the match just because he is young and made his PL debut. He was man of the match! Salgado, Samba and Brown did very well too. Dunny is far away from his best. Someone here said Nzonzi did well but I must disagree. The season has been long for a young player and I would give him rest. I was stunned when Sam subbed Niko. It seemed obvious we needed two strikers at the point but maybe Sam knew what was doing. A very good point and everything looks like we will beat Brum on Wednesday. Jones just made a good day even better.

if you look on the official site match report there is a pic of diouf celebrating and some bald miserable sod sat there in the background must be a closet cockney

Well done Phil Jones

The Blackburn public amaze me, a few years ago we beat chelsea to get into Europe 1-0 savage crowd 19k and yet today with not much to play for and live on sky 25.5k

What a fantastic debut from Phil Jones absolutely superb.

Plus what a great show from the rest of the lads and hands up all those who booed the substitution of Kalinic, big Sam got it right you lot didnt.

Only down side is, is Bret Emmerton showing the first signs of dementia, he looked pretty vacant at times and this isnt the first time this season hes showed signs.

Good to..

good to be

good to be a

Rover :rover:

For those that haven't read the Sky Sports report:

Fine debut

This was underlined by the fact that the clear man of the match was none other than Rovers' 18-year-old central defender Phil Jones, making his league debut and up against Drogba and Nicolas Anelka.

Allardyce had gambled on him in the absence of Ryan Nelsen and Gael Givet.

Then in a column by the side of the report:

Man of the match: Christopher Samba won the large majority of his aerial battles at both ends of the field, causing Chelsea frustration throughout. :rolleyes:

Phil Jones was immense today. I must admit I was slightly worried when I saw he was making his debut today up against Drogba and Anelka. Not easy for a young, inexperienced lad and could have backfired but I am very glad to say it didn't at all. Such commitment, such aggression and such desire from the lad, good with the ball at his feet and good in the air. Did not seem phased at all and did an excellent job alongside an equally impressive Samba. Those two won everything that was thrown at them and it was great to watch. We did not miss Nelsen or Givet at all and I really hope Jones keeps progressing and we see a lot more of him. Great talent and yet another youngster with a bright future ahead of him at Rovers.

Well done Rovers!!! I hope to see more performances like this one for the rest of the season.

• Backroom

Well thats the Rovers we want, battled to the death.

Chelsea weren't on their game but it doesn't matter we kept going and fully deserved a point. A few observation:

- Special praise to Jones who was impeccable throughout especially that triple tackle that seemed to wake the crowd up.

- Salgado and Pedersen were also superb I thought

- People talk about playing with 10 men because of Keith but Dunny was the one being carried today, he doesn't look fit enough for Sunday league footy never mind this league, that new contract looks a mistake at present

- I thought Keith was at fault for the goal but 2 absolutely superb blocks in the second half, Colin Hendry style

- Credit to Sam for playing Jones but I wouldnt say he was proved right as such with the substitution, Roberts did nothing that Niko wouldn't have imo, I think he was bringing Niko off with midweek in mind but thats fair enough

- 'Flag day' didn't really work did it :blink:

Big BONUS point for Rovers especially playing the game with 10 men, I dont understand how no-one can mention yet another calamity performance from our Keef.

Anyhow, keeping things into perspective, I booed at the subs but having listened now to Sams reasoning I agree with them. I thought the whole ten men showed remarkable fight against a clearly ageing but skillful Chelsea team.

Sets us up for brum in Derby week. I think Rovers have to rest Dunny for the midweek game becasue we will need him on Sunday.

Well chuffed for the boy Jones. He played his heart out and showed fight, spirit and endeavour. Him and Samba were the heart of the team. Olsson had a good game as well and the second half display from Salgado pleased me. NZonzi is a class player or will be. Looking at his opposition today he did very very well but could hardly walk off the pitch.

Niko and Roberts both caused their fair share of problems whilst MGP also did very well.

Rovers played some good stuff, fought for the team, the ball and the shirt. It got the crowd going which in turn had a positive effect on the team.

It a good point for Rovers.

Now for Brum.

You're the biggest dick I've ever seen post on a football board. You've been posting like this for years, yet you don't have the balls to retract anything when you get it wrong...which happens a lot. Fuc* off and support Newcastle or other fans who are as fickle and stupid as you.

If you are not banned for this comment soon then I would take it as an invitation to flame the hell out of you as well. So let's see where this goes, but you have crossed the line entirely.

I was indeed very surprised by our performance, especially since it very well seemed like the wrong formation with the wrong players and the wrong substitutions. But that's football for you. Easily the best this formation has produced, though we had to hang on by hook and crook at the end. Samba played his best game of the season, and Jones is very promising at such an age. Very little going upfront, however, Kalinic simply must start getting more support if he is to score more goals. Technically it might be 1 point from 3 games, but I think this one was very important for showing us that yes, hard work can produce results against big clubs. Something we hadn't done for a while before this, and hopefully can continue.

Be interesting what they say on Match Of The Day tonight as well...

I think I might even bring myself to watch it.

The post match analysis will be what did Chelsea do wrong rather than what BRFC did right. Better have an early night or it will leave you bilious.

Phil Jones was amazing against Nottingham Forest in the cup too. I don't think anyone can argue about him getting Man of the Match, I was really impressed. Sam is doing wonders, shame about the boos when Kalinic went off, I wonder if the people will admit they got it wrong....again.

Big BONUS point for Rovers especially playing the game with 10 men, I dont understand how no-one can mention yet another calamity performance from our Keef.

I'm getting a little bored of this now, today Keith easily had a better game than both Dunn and Olsson. I do however agree that he got done by Anelka very easily for their goal, but made up for it with some brilliant blocks at the death.

I was indeed very surprised by our performance, especially since it very well seemed like the wrong formation with the wrong players and the wrong substitutions.

Wrong? The only thing wrong at the end was you. You haven't actually said that and you should.

It feels like a win to me too :) but to say that we carried him yet again and not comment on Olsson and Dunn's very very poor showings today is just not on.

The lads never going to be a world beater, but he looked interested and fit today which couldn't be said for Dunn.

Archived