BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea At Ewood

With regards to the Allardyce comments, if I were him I'd have come out to the technical area and lofted two fingers straight up and towards the Blackburn End when Diouf scored.

I don't care for anyones reasoning, if you boo a simple straight substitution to replace a player who had done SOD ALL for the entire game, you're a complete baboon.

Well put mellison!!! I was fuming at the time, I wanted two up front but looking back Kalinic was no threat yesterday. The decision made by Sam was the right one. A very good point earned with 6 points achievable in the next 6 days.

As for booing, we should NEVER boo our own managers decisions or our own players for any reason. If half the boo boys put as much effort into getting behind the team week in week out like some of us do then we'd be in danger of creating a good atmosphere once again at what is becoming Fortress Ewood.

Also one for the Andrews haters, especially the one who sits two rows in front of me... Keef made some very important and very good well timed interceptions yesterday which seemed to be missed by the anti Andrews brigade. The fella two rows in front of me abused Andrews every time the ball was anywhere near him, but seemed to be blind to the good that he did. He also abused Diouf for a majority of the game as he does every time he plays, then chants his name when he scores!

Although far from perfect, a good strong display yesterday by the Rovers and well done to young Phil Jones. He's got to start on Wednesday!

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a game. A draw against Chelski and a new young lad in Phil Jones completely outstanding. Someone else mentioned that Allardyce has been very good with the youth and we now have Niko, Olsson, Nzonzi and Jones looking like they are becoming class players.

I love how we outfought Chelsea today.

For those who hate the Legend that is Keith. He is a great picture of our club. "Punching above his/our weight" and I love it!

Hasnt Diouf scored 2 headers from more or less the same position lately?

All the tossers around me booed when they took Kalinic - now I understand the 4-4-2 desire but not many teams play that way anymore....and to be fair Kalinic hadnt really got much change out of Terry & Co.

Less booing, more supporting your team eh!

Hang on a minute! We DID support the team? We're you not there? Big Sam's Blue & White Army etc etc (FROM the off and loudest after Chelsea scored!)

However, like the man said, we are entitled to have our say, do I want a new manager? No I do not. Do I have faith in Sam? Yes I do. Does he deserve our respect every time we are wrong and he is right? Yes he does. Do I hold it against him? Absolutely not. Would I buy the guy a beer, yes I bloody well would.

Am I entitled to voice my opinion? Yes I bloody well am!

Oh, and whilst I am eating Humble pie (Because I'm human) Keith played well (After he let Anleka in for their goal) and saved our backsides at least 2 times near the end, Keith, we owe you one.

N.B. I though Jones was awesome, he dragged us up with those crunching (And fair) tackles and deserves his chance as he grasped the nettle. Everyone else put a good shift in, that's all you can ask.

Although far from perfect, a good strong display yesterday by the Rovers and well done to young Phil Jones. He's got to start on Wednesday!

I am not so sure he should start Wednesday, he is a young lad and needs easing in gently, he has now set his standards, the expectations will be higher, personally, if I was an opposing manager, I would be telling my pl;ayers to get at Jones early if he played, Sam may not have too many options if Givet is not fit, but we must be careful with the young lad, just as Everton were with Rooney and have been with Rodwell, eased in very carefully.

Looks a good prospect but neither we nor opponents have picked up his weakness, there will be one somewhere, its how he applies himself from now on and how Sam uses him which is important, along with how the lad himself handles the new found status which can be difficult as we have seen with other young players.

He does look to have the lot but as Dynamite rightly says, other players have had great debuts and then faded, we must wait and see.

With regards to the Allardyce comments, if I were him I'd have come out to the technical area and lofted two fingers straight up and towards the Blackburn End when Diouf scored.

I don't care for anyones reasoning, if you boo a simple straight substitution to replace a player who had done SOD ALL for the entire game, you're a complete baboon.

Spot on - exactly what I said to those around me - what exactly had Kalinic done in his time on the pitch? Roberts touch might be poor but he broke 2 or 3 times and had to be fouled to stop him..

Hang on a minute! We DID support the team? We're you not there? Big Sam's Blue & White Army etc etc (FROM the off and loudest after Chelsea scored!)

However, like the man said, we are entitled to have our say, do I want a new manager? No I do not. Do I have faith in Sam? Yes I do. Does he deserve our respect every time we are wrong and he is right? Yes he does. Do I hold it against him? Absolutely not. Would I buy the guy a beer, yes I bloody well would.

Yes I was there - always am.

As for your answers - thats good, but many would have different views to you. Unfortunatley alot of people dislike Sam and no matter how well he does they wont accept it.

The calibre/ potential of player that Sam has brought to/ developed at the club is far better than alot of the sh!te he inherited!

I wasn't expecting us to get anything out of the game yesterday, but our second half performance was well worth the point.

But why the hell can't we start every game with the passion and commitment we showed in the second half?

We were quick to close every ball down, we stuck our foot in at every opportunity, we got in their faces and we generally ruffed Chelski up. They were clearly uncomfortable with it and that's how we got something out of the game.

I think we're guilty far too often of being nice to our opponents. I lost count of how many times our players helped the Chelski players to their feet after a challenge yesterday (Samba was especially guilty with Drogba), patted them on the back or put the ball out when they seemed to be injured. That kind of bullsh!t doesn't get results.

To me, Jones was a shining example to the rest of the team yesterday. Didn't see him being Mr nice guy. He rolled his sleeves up and defended our goal as if his life depended on it. Top marks Jonesy.

I'm delighted with the result from yesterday's game. Again, I thought it was an average performance, with too much low percentage football being played. We did improve after the break and got the goal. Phil Jones was obviously the stand out player and we look like we have a good player on our hands. As someone else has stated, I'm not sure I would start him against Birmingham, if Givet is fit. Opposing players and managers could well target him and people will be expecting the same type of performance every game. He should be used sparingly. But the signs are very encouraging. This is a big week for the club, with two very winnable games coming up, which could cement our place in the Premiership next season.

I really hope Jonesy starts against Burnley. The crunching tackles on Drogba and Lampard were immense. He reminds me of John Terry (playing style, hopefully not lifestyle). Don't think he lost a single header yesterday.

It was an outstanding defensive display, but had the score remained 1-0 I'm certain we'd be lambasting our lack of prowess in front of goal. I can barely remember us testing the young Chelsea goalkeeper before Diouf's goal.

Can't help but feel people are getting slightly ahead of themselves with their views on Jones. May well turn out to be the real deal, but one premier league game doesn't prove it. Give him time, hopefully he'll be great for us, but no reason to stack unrealistic expectations onto him so early on.

Well said, but people won't listen. He's already being compared to John Terry on this very forum. No pressure, huh? :rolleyes:

I like the look of our future prospects...

Jones (18), Hoilett (19), Kalinic (21), Olsson (21), NZonzi (20), Samba (25), Liganzi (20).

As for Samba - He is still young in defender terms, and I think since Nelsen has been out, he has shown that he is more than capable of being the leader/ captain. If I was Sam id keep him captain for next season.

Commitment to playing football. As I said.

Very loose term is "playing football" football can be played anyway you like, part or the thing that makes it so interesting and exiciting. I presume you want pretty little triangles and numerous passess before the ball gets anywhere near the box. "Playing football" as you call it wouldn't work againd teams like Chelsea, we'd get absolutley slaughtered.

Still a bit shell shocked, never expected either the result nor the performance from the team, Rovers out battling the top dogs love it, not sure we get the same commentary over here but it was said twice in the second half Rovers seem to have got that never say die attitude back, long may it last.

Jones, what a game, I would think that's two sleepless nights together he has had.

Some of his stats are awesome for such a young debutant.

Passes. 5 all successful.

Tackles. 14 W12 L2

Interceptions. 3

Clearances 17 successful 11

Blocks 1

Free kicks 2 W2

Shots 1 O/T

I would certainly find it hard to drop the lad for the visit of Big Club, give him another go and see how he copes.

??? is if he does maintain the standard of yesterday, do we move Givet back out to LB.

As for Samba - He is still young in defender terms, and I think since Nelsen has been out, he has shown that he is more than capable of being the leader/ captain. If I was Sam id keep him captain for next season.

I will be surprised if he keeps the captaincy next season but he has definitely raised his game since he has been captain. Really good performance yesterday (perhaps a bit lucky with the Anelka obstruction) and he worked really well with Jones. When you have a young central defender in the team you need an experienced leader alongside and Samba provided that.

As one who is not a big Sam fan I have to say hats off to him today. I too was not happy with the substitution and it seemed to take 5 mins or so for us to re-compose ourselves after it but what a good old fashioned Rovers performance it was. It's really all many of us ask for, to be commited and give 100%. I'd have been ok even if we lost with the effort put in. Young Mr Jones had a great game and his triple tackle I think was a game changer. Samba was absolutely immense today. What has happened to Peds, I saw him getting stuck in like never before and the whole team I thought really pulled together. Salgado deserves special mention too, after last weeks roasting it was good to see him play the way he did. Let's bring this level of energy on Sunday eh? I know there is a little matter of the Big Club in between but Sunday is the game isn't it.

Very loose term is "playing football" football can be played anyway you like, part or the thing that makes it so interesting and exiciting. I presume you want pretty little triangles and numerous passess before the ball gets anywhere near the box.

You presume wrong. There's nothing wrong with direct football but we were utterly aimless most of yesterday.

I am not so sure he should start Wednesday, he is a young lad and needs easing in gently, he has now set his standards, the expectations will be higher, personally, if I was an opposing manager, I would be telling my pl;ayers to get at Jones early if he played, Sam may not have too many options if Givet is not fit, but we must be careful with the young lad, just as Everton were with Rooney and have been with Rodwell, eased in very carefully.

I do agree with you about bringing him in gently but if Givet and Nelly aren't 100% fit then why risk them. Give Jones a game Wednesday and then bring either one back in for the big game on Sunday.

First half it was like trying to smash a breeze block with a pea shooter. Usual routine of poor efforts matched by poor ability. Poor old Kalinic-he ran and ran, got absolutely nothing to sniff at, apart from Terry's boots. He must be so frustrated in games like that. Second half just felt like counting down till the final minutes, almost happy to only lose by One goal.

Then a bit of quick thinking and a great cross and super nod in and we were back in it.

Really pleased at the final whistle, and a lot of the Chelsea fans coming out were not happy, and tempers got a bit frayed between some fans at the back of the Darwen End.

I was impressed with our 2nd half display against chelski, which seemed to start with Jones' crunching tackles.

I wouldn't get to carried away with his 1st game, we've had quite a few false dawns with players over the years.

I would start him against brum as a reward for his MOM display, it would also give givet more time ro recover from injury.

Archived