BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea At Ewood

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no because he's building - not he's built. Many of the team are young and it will take a while before we get the full effect, and will depend on our being able to fight off the interest of the big boys if some of our players continue to develop as they are so far

Do I sense a slight softening of attitude here? Warming to the big guy are you gumboots? :wub:

Do I sense a slight softening of attitude here? Warming to the big guy are you gumboots? :wub:

The man, no. I never really had anything much against him as a manager. I still don't think I'd trust him as far as I could throw him and I'd certainly never want to be in the same room as him, but he does a job and therefore I accept him.

no because he's building - not he's built. Many of the team are young and it will take a while before we get the full effect, and will depend on our being able to fight off the interest of the big boys if some of our players continue to develop as they are so far

Thank you, this is a point I've been trying to get across all season. He's building up what looks to be a very good team for the future.

I had to stay up til 5 to watch the game and got what can barely be called an hour's sleep before I had to get ready for work, but it was well worth it. Absolutely tremendous defensive display, probably the best all season. The fact that Nelsen and Givet have been superb this season as well just shows the quality we have in that area of the team right now. Jones did very well and we can only hope he keeps progressing. Samba is back to his best again and I think people have been unfairly leaving out praise for Salgado, who showed all his ability and experience against Chelsea. After coming under fire due to his struggle against Bale, he shined against Chelsea and didn't let anything get past him. Very impressive.

Regardless, I think the weakness in our team is quite clear and that's the fact that we lack any sort of fluidity in going forward. In my opinion it's one (or all) of three things: a.) lack of pace on the wings, b.) lack of cohesion in a new look midfield and c.) insufficient creativity from our midfield players. Dunn has dropped off in form and Andrews/N'zonzi isn't a good enough partnership in the centre. I think our priority has to be in signing some creative players for the midfield, as well as maybe one more pacey winger (with Hoilett already coming through).

Was surprised by the attendance yesterday, TV coverage and likelihood of a drubbing normally puts a dent in the turnout. Plus there was hardly anyone in the Navvi beforehand, but I guess that says more about the decline of The Navigation than anything else. May start going back to The White Bull soon, is Hugh back in charge as I saw him outside the other day?

Fernhurst is the best place to sup pre and post match these days :rover:

I imagine it would be hard work when the Mancs are in town mind.

Quote from the BBC:

"With Allardyce's stubborn and hard-working team still to play United and Arsenal, Blackburn have a vital role to play in the final destination of the Premier League trophy."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8570810.stm

I mean - Who'd have thought it!?

And anyone who criticises our Keith after putting his head in front of that ball definitely has no soul!

Was surprised by the attendance yesterday, TV coverage and likelihood of a drubbing normally puts a dent in the turnout. Plus there was hardly anyone in the Navvi beforehand, but I guess that says more about the decline of The Navigation than anything else. May start going back to The White Bull soon, is Hugh back in charge as I saw him outside the other day?

Didn't the Navi run out of beer or something?

Without the beer I don't think anyone will be hanging around for the decor!

I do agree with you about bringing him in gently but if Givet and Nelly aren't 100% fit then why risk them. Give Jones a game Wednesday and then bring either one back in for the big game on Sunday.

Surely if he gives a similar performance on Wednesday, why drop him for the Burnley game, (he/I would be gutted) he's as good as a Blackburn lad now, believe he has been at the club since a 12 year old.

Even though Givet is a better CH than LB, IMO he is a better LB than anyone else we have.

Salgado..Samba..Jones..Givet would do nicely for me.

Didn't the Navi run out of beer or something?

Without the beer I don't think anyone will be hanging around for the decor!

I rolled up there at 3.10pm on Sunday only to find the Original had run out. The second time in the last couple of months. The bogs had flooded too, with a huge turd choking the toilet in the mens.

A couple of years ago the Navvi used to be really busy pre match, good ale (Thwaites Original done very very well), early Sky game on a big telly, pleasant view of the canal with ducks for the kids etc.

Now it seems they don't give a toss about the place, and it shows. Shame, as it is convenient for us too, park outside and walk down the cut and cross over the bridge at the mill.

Well after my soiree with the Bunleh hoardes on Saturday, unfortunately , due to circumstances I couldn't make the game in the end on Sunday - so ended up catching up with it in the 2nd half on Five Live.

After hearing the the substitution I was also at a point of questioning Sam - but as 1864 posted earlier this answers it

1864roverite

Anyhow, keeping things into perspective, I booed at the subs but having listened now to Sams reasoning I agree with them.

As has been already mentioned, I agree that it was a bit more jovial than before but still feel their was some underlining agenda in it.

However, he was proven right based on the explanation (and also maybe goes to explain his own thinking and previous 'baffling' substitutions and line ups) but what needs to taken into account is that the picture could have been all so different in terms of how many Chelski had scored, and although the feeling was Sam would not have done what he did if that was the case - its this situation that is angering the fans more the most in respect of our trying to hold onto games and hoping something breaks for us rather than trying to take hold of the game and force something to happen.

A good result and in the end a 'win for SAM' but I think he struck lucky with Jones baring in mind it would appear a forced decision rather than personal one, although fair play for having the guts.

Just to add - funny moment - Robbie Savage was commentating on the radio and was having a go also at SAM for the subs, and then also at Diouf asking what he had done and why was he still on the pitch - just before he scored - did a total about turn in the normal Savage manner - classic.

Anyway looks like I missed a decent performance - kids eh - who'd have em?

I rolled up there at 3.10pm on Sunday only to find the Original had run out. The second time in the last couple of months. The bogs had flooded too, with a huge turd choking the toilet in the mens.

A couple of years ago the Navvi used to be really busy pre match, good ale (Thwaites Original done very very well), early Sky game on a big telly, pleasant view of the canal with ducks for the kids etc.

Now it seems they don't give a toss about the place, and it shows. Shame, as it is convenient for us too, park outside and walk down the cut and cross over the bridge at the mill.

Mate, this co-incides with the smoking ban...it's killed most pubs in the mill hill area...kings etc...nobody goes anymore cos you can't have a fag. One busy day in 2 weeks isn't going to help I'm afraid.

nobody goes anymore cos you can't have a fag.

Is that really true? I know a lot of people who smoke and not a single one has reduced how often they go to the pub because of it. I can't believe having to step outside for five minutes every so often is really putting people off going, there must be other reasons.

Is that really true? I know a lot of people who smoke and not a single one has reduced how often they go to the pub because of it. I can't believe having to step outside for five minutes every so often is really putting people off going, there must be other reasons.

seriously, I've conducted a survey.

Its cheaper to buy cans so why go to the pub?

But as a smoker i have to say it really is a pain having to go outside, most people tend to smoke more when drinking so end up just standing outside

Mate, this co-incides with the smoking ban...it's killed most pubs in the mill hill area...kings etc...nobody goes anymore cos you can't have a fag. One busy day in 2 weeks isn't going to help I'm afraid.

I'd imagine it's more to do with the plumbing.

Anyway how did you manage to conduct a survey in an empty pub? :blink:

Archived