BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea At Ewood

:rover: fantastic result yesterday,i had a funny feeling all week we would upset the chelski apple cart and we did,i took my usual seat in the pub and then drogba scored,having had a good gallon before kick off i retreated to the bar,thinking we had no chance,low and behold we draw.remenber little from the 2nd half apart from the goal.here's to another 6 pts this week :blush::brfc:

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spot the Chelsea fan in the crowd. :o

There were two guys near me, they did have the decency to clap when we scored, they must have been from down south, what northerner would buy coffee @ half time? ;)

:rover: fantastic result yesterday,i had a funny feeling all week we would upset the chelski apple cart and we did,i took my usual seat in the pub and then drogba scored,having had a good gallon before kick off i retreated to the bar,thinking we had no chance,low and behold we draw.remenber little from the 2nd half apart from the goal.here's to another 6 pts this week :blush::brfc:

Don't lie. You've been spotted in the picture above. ;)

I will be surprised if he keeps the captaincy next season but he has definitely raised his game since he has been captain. Really good performance yesterday (perhaps a bit lucky with the Anelka obstruction) and he worked really well with Jones. When you have a young central defender in the team you need an experienced leader alongside and Samba provided that.

I hope he does...he has been our best defender this season and if we make him captain it gives him greater incentive to stay & allows Nelsen to be dropped if needed...he's no spring chicken and isnt getting any faster - infact after this injury it will probably slow him down abit more too!

It didn't look like Chelsea sold out the top tier, so why were there Chelsea fans in the bottom tier?

I wasnt sure about that either - perhaps they did sell the top & they then agreed on the day sales or something? :wacko:

• Backroom

Song of the day yesterday: terrys got a hardon

embarassing song of the day: you couldn't sell all your tickets ( when neither did we)

hahaha tco i was responsible for the terry one hahaha....good point overall but i feel if we had got stuck in them proper from the off then the three points were ours.As THE FINAL WHISTLE BLEW WHY OH WHY DID ROBERTS NOT PUT PEDS THRU? JONES fantastic showing hope it doesnt go to his head and he keeps his feet on the ground as he has the "potential" of that showing to become top player.

I feel that's a trifle premature.

no because he's building - not he's built. Many of the team are young and it will take a while before we get the full effect, and will depend on our being able to fight off the interest of the big boys if some of our players continue to develop as they are so far

As THE FINAL WHISTLE BLEW WHY OH WHY DID ROBERTS NOT PUT PEDS THRU?

I think that was Hoilett. I can't remember who he was up against but he seemed to have them for pace, but he didn't seem to have the confidence to keep going so cut back inside, was tackled the whistle went.

I think that was Hoilett. I can't remember who he was up against but he seemed to have them for pace, but he didn't seem to have the confidence to keep going so cut back inside, was tackled the whistle went.

Twas Hoilett, had at least 3 players crowding him out though - they eventually fouled him - but the ref blew for full time!

As for Building the team to take on the big boys being premature....I dont think so.

We have taken home draws against Liverpool & Chelsea - aswell as put Chelsea out of 1 cup

We have also given much improved performances away at Arsenal (65 mins) & Liverpool.

Abit more quality in the middle next season + another striker good enough to partner Kalinic and things could improve further!

no because he's building - not he's built. Many of the team are young and it will take a while before we get the full effect, and will depend on our being able to fight off the interest of the big boys if some of our players continue to develop as they are so far

Kalinic, Hoillett, Jones - that's "many"? Jones wouldn't have played yesterday but for injuries, and the only other youngster we have that's due to be brought through I think is Linganzi.

Admittiedly, we seem to be making progress - we got paggered 5-0 away at Chelsea earlier this season. But to say e's building a team to take on the top 4 when (correct me if I'm wrong) this season we've taken 1 point from the top 4 looks a little optimistic and premature.

It wasn't pretty yesterday but we battled and got a good point off of a title-chasing team at home. I am pleased, but let's not get carried away.

What a game and second half performance from Rovers!

Last season we lost all 8 games against the so called top four and bar Man Utd away and Liverpool at home, we were well beaten in all those fixtures. Yesterday, and in all our home fixtures this season, we competed superbly and pushed the opposition all the way, giving a tremendous account of ourselves, again taking a positive result.

I thought yesterday we were fortunate to enter half time with only the one goal deficit with Chelsea being a class act during the first 45. I believe much of that though was down to ourselves, and how we gave them far too much respect and time on the ball, allowing them to keep possesion for fun and pin us back in our own half. In the second half we were much improved and showed tremendous spirit, desire, character and energy, never giving any of the Chelsea players a moments peace and quite frankly made them look pretty ordinary. We scored an excellent goal and defended resolutely afterwards in order to take a thoroughly deserved point.

There were some excellent performers yesterday for Rovers, none better than that of Phil Jones who was immense from the first whistle to the last, winning every header, every 50:50, and timing every tackle to perfection. He looked a real leader at the back and played with the experience of a veteran, overshadowing every Chelsea superstar on the field. Credit to the lad and no question he should start on Wednesday night against the Blues.

• Backroom

I don't know whether anyone has mentioned this but the last time we scored a league goal against Chelsea was back in May 2006 :brfcsmilie:

No it wasn't, it was at about 17:30 on Sunday, Diouf scored a header. Bloody hell bad memory :P

I know, I know

Was surprised by the attendance yesterday, TV coverage and likelihood of a drubbing normally puts a dent in the turnout. Plus there was hardly anyone in the Navvi beforehand, but I guess that says more about the decline of The Navigation than anything else. May start going back to The White Bull soon, is Hugh back in charge as I saw him outside the other day?

Two of the "Big 4" at home. 2 creditable draws. Progress being made slowly but surely.

Now if complete idiots like Mr E and Eddie can just stop their whingeing (please note- it can either be spelt like this or without the e. losing the h at the beginning is just wrong) and either support the team or leave, the world would be a much finer place. Oh and Mr E- neither me nor the person who you accused of flaming you are doing so. We're simply stating an obvious fact.

Well said that man!

Yeah, except that calling someone a complete idiot is pretty much the very definition of flaming. It would be nice if you would actually read the rules before telling others what they are.

As for Samba - He is still young in defender terms, and I think since Nelsen has been out, he has shown that he is more than capable of being the leader/ captain. If I was Sam id keep him captain for next season.

Thats the easy part. :unsure:

Archived