• Created
  • Last Reply

So now we have:

Nzonzi

Hoilett

Kalinic

Olsson

Jones

the future is bright... the future is blue and white, I am proud of the team and happy to see that BFS is finally putting his stamp on the team against the big boys.

What an oustanding second half performance.

Jones and Samba were superb today, not bad for a premier league debut! I'm so proud of the second half performance today, it's just another little reminder of why I love this club, we fought for every ball. Did Drogba win a header all game?

Phil Jones for South Africa!

Roberts held the ball up well when he came on and took the pressure off, Emerton offered more defensively than Dunn was doing, dare I say Sam is the expert?

So proud.

Well done Rovers! A great fighting point with Diouf showing how much he wanted that goal. In fact an amazing point considering how bereft we were a the back on paper.

Samba and Salgado were brilliant and a fantastic debut from Jones who saved us a point when at the end he took Terry from a Chelsea corner sending MGP away to mark someone else.

Chelsea were absolutely cruising in the first half, but Diouf popped up just when we needed him and thank God we were able to hold on. Great result for the team and special mention must go to Salgado, after the ribbing he received last week, he bounced back with aplomb. Samba and young Jones were also tireless at the back and kept us in the game.

The crowd have no right to boo when we're only 1-0 down against one of the big guns and when we're sitting in 12th place in the league. Especially when the player coming off had done absolutely nothing of note.

Harsh, check out the comments before the substitution. Kalinic had no support whatsoever. After we took Niko off we started to press more and provide more support. Roberts didn't do that much when he was on.

What a result!! I were very conserned about Salgado before the match, but he really made me eat my own words. What a performence from our defence. Cracking display from Nzonzi again too. Im proud.

Outstanding result. A word of congratulations for Big Sam. Huge decision to play Jones, and in doing so has given the kid the confidence to be an outstanding player quickly. He believes in youth and say what you will about Roberts, he was perfect in that role mixing it , gaining territorial possession ,winning fouls and unnerving the defence. Salgado showed his class with a pinpoint centre for the goal and great crosses.This ids the Rovers of old. Passion,belief and non stop running

Beeb:

1802: I reckon that we should give due praise to Rovers, who really did play well after the break as they forced their way back into the contest. By the way, Chelsea are four points off the lead - the furthest distance they have been from top spot all season.

Harsh, check out the comments before the substitution. Kalinic had no support whatsoever. After we took Niko off we started to press more and provide more support. Roberts didn't do that much when he was on.

At least three occasions off the top of my head I can think of where Roberts kept the ball where Niko would have lost it (and did today).

Not a criticism of Niko, it just wasn't a game for him today. Roberts made a huge difference when he came on.

But the fact remains, for whatever reason, Kalinic did nothing before being subbed. Bringing on Emerton and Roberts changed the game. I also think Roberts played pretty well too.

At home I'd imagine, since we've lost our previous two.

Sorry that's what I meant :)

BFS out.

This man is taking the pi$$ out of our club. Salgdo, Andrews, Pedersen and Diouf will never be Premiership quality, let alone do the job vs Chelsea.

Why do you post stuff like this? Honestly? Do you get some sort of smug satisfaction out of it?

I'm not sure why Sky need to show the throw in again and whether or not it should have been Chelsea's. If Terry never touched the ball then it's a free kick as his foot goes into Roberts to send it out of play.

They enjoy a good moan those Chelsea boys, Terry is quickly becoming one of my most disliked players, struggling to think of anyone off the top of my head that I dislike more right now.

Never been good losers, never will be.

• Backroom

Jones getting a lot of praise on various messageboards atm. Obviously he can't be judged on one match, but I've been hearing good things about him for a while now. If he is the real deal, it'd be great for him to take over the Admiral's role as he starts to fade out. Based on today's performance the potential is there :tu:

Jones getting a lot of praise on various messageboards atm. Obviously he can't be judged on one match, but I've been hearing good things about him for a while now. If he is the real deal, it'd be great for him to take over the Admiral's role as he starts to fade out. Based on today's performance the potential is there :tu:

Had a few friends who support other clubs texting me (Spurs fan and an Arsenal fan being two of them) saying they thought Jones's performance was really impressive. 18 years old on your league debut against Drogba and Anelka is far from easy.

Comfortable in mid table, well managed with no debt,younger players coming through - Jones, Hoilett, Nzonzi, Kalinic - Sam making the correct decisions despite flack from the hard of learning,and the occasional cup run.

Look at the state of some of the other premier league teams - these are good times for the blue and white halves. :rover:

what a second half!

The defense was excellent. Jones was superb, cant believe he's only 18. Long term contract for him please.

Special mention for N'zonzi, aerial ability and can run all day.

Well done big sam, can understand the fans feelings on taking off kalanic, but big Sam knows what he's doing and its time we put all our faith in him.

very proud for once this season we didn't lay down to the big boys.

What a ball from salgado for the goal btw!

Archived