BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Portsmouth Vs Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest threat to a Rovers win today is Rovers themselves. Complacency has to be the enemy today. We have to go there and literally beat what's put in front of us. We can. I'd take a draw at worst though.

My team for today is:-

Robinson

Saldago Samba Jones Givet

Nzonzi Dunn

Diouf Bastruk Olsson

Kalinic

Subs:- Brown, Nelsen, Grella, Pedersen, Hoilett, Roberts, Di Santo

:rolleyes:B):D

good looking team,,,,tad attacking maybe for an away game.............can definitely see roberts starting as well as pedersen, probably no changes from last week.

starting line up is

Robbo

Salgado Samba Jones Givet

Diouf Nzonzi Pedersen Ollson

Dunn

Roberts

Darn fish beat me to it

We will probably get the win after i have said this but Roberts isn't a starter, he is best used running at tired defences with 20 mins to go. Not sure Diouf and Pedersen deserve to keep their places in the side either.

Disappointed that Hoilett, Kalinic or Di Santo haven't been given a chance today.

I just don't see many goals in this side a lot of pressure on Dunny yet again to deliver. I think i'll change my prediction to a 0-0 draw but I hope I’m proved wrong.

We will probably get the win after i have said this but Roberts isn't a starter, he is best used running at tired defences with 20 mins to go. Not sure Diouf and Pedersen deserve to keep their places in the side either.

Disappointed that Hoilett, Kalinic or Di Santo haven't been given a chance today.

I just don't see many goals in this side a lot of pressure on Dunny yet again to deliver. I think i'll change my prediction to a 0-0 draw but I hope I’m proved wrong.

I think Kalinic is being rested for when the big boys come to town and we all already know Di Santo is utter dog poo. though i would of like to of seen Hoilett playing, seems that since he signed his contract he doesn't get any games

I thought Sam said he was going to give some of the back-up players a chance now that we're safe? Oh well.

might be trying to get those extra 3 points, a win for us and if Hull lose we would be just 1 point of being mathematically safe. and with brum playing Liverpool tomorrow (a loss for Brum i think) we will be just 1 point behind them in 9th

Roberts is better in this formation, especially with such a slow midfield.

Roberts is better in this formation, especially with such a slow midfield.

I would argue that if we had Hoilett and Olsson on the flanks and give them some freedom to get forward and support Niko it would be far more effective than lumping long balls to the donkey that is Roberts with no support. Roberts is probably the best lone man we have if you want to hoof it up and don't provide much support, if you want to score more goals then Niko with support is a better option.

Annoyed with myself for not taking the chance to travel down as I had contemplated going but outside influences (kids and wife) prevented it. Now back to watch online, it is being broadcast by the nice people with moustaches and blackhair and funny accents whoi have recently had a leader hanged and his asscoaites suffered the same fate wink wink.

Having looked at Pompy, they will be up for it for certain, semi final spots up for grabs.

Huuuuuuuuuge hole in midfield again. Pedersen can go for mine - he's got better since he moved into a central role, but he doesn't impact the game enough to be worth a new contract.

Nzonzi's going his job, as per - but once he wins the ball there's nobody to give it to. O'Hara would be having a field day if he was in our midfield - classy little player.

Archived