Guest Kamy100

350 members have voted

1. 1. Current Status

• Already renewed ? existing ST holder
    • New ST Holder ? already purchased
    • Renewing prior to deadline
    • Renewing after deadline
    • Not renewing due to finances/ family/work
    • Not renewing because iv lost interest/ im off to the pub with Waggy in Rishton
    • Not possible due to distance
    • Not Sure Yet
    • Planning to Purchase

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Just got mine, not one to knock th club but the mystery component is crap. It's like one of those tacky birthday cards with sound effects when you open, this one is a sound bite of kalinic scoring. The pic of your seat isn't my seat either.

I couldn't care less they could hav sent a scribbled note and I would had renewed

Just got mine, not one to knock th club but the mystery component is crap. It's like one of those tacky birthday cards with sound effects when you open, this one is a sound bite of kalinic scoring. The pic of your seat isn't my seat either.

I couldn't care less they could hav sent a scribbled note and I would had renewed

The least they could have done was have the sound effect of a dingle song... or the Gary Neville song many were singing at the Man Utd game?

It's true that all most current season ticket holders wanted was the relevant forms if they couldn't get down to Ewood to sort out direct debits. All the rest is for lapsed ticket holders who you perhaps hope to entice back. I reckon, particularly where you have more than one ticket in a household, most of the other stuff goes straight in the bin.

It's true that all most current season ticket holders wanted was the relevant forms if they couldn't get down to Ewood to sort out direct debits. All the rest is for lapsed ticket holders who you perhaps hope to entice back. I reckon, particularly where you have more than one ticket in a household, most of the other stuff goes straight in the bin.

As I've said many times before, anybody who wanted to renew has had every opportunity to do so for around 3 weeks already so I don't see the issue unless it's just an excuse to moan about the club?

• Backroom

That's not exactly true there are reasons why some people can only do it by post, I for example am too lazy and wanted to wait for the prefilled form to come :P

That's not exactly true there are reasons why some people can only do it by post, I for example am too lazy and wanted to wait for the prefilled form to come :P

Nice one TCO, What time do you require it collecting and taking down to Ewood for you? :lol:

I do hope the club have provided a timetable of travel arrangements to games for next season within the ST renewal pack, it's murder organising lifts to the pub before the game and getting taxi's home.

As I've said many times before, anybody who wanted to renew has had every opportunity to do so for around 3 weeks already so I don't see the issue unless it's just an excuse to moan about the club?

So what about those who can't get to Ewood for whatever reason but need to fill in a direct debit form? I'm not having a go at the club; I usually renew mine on line anyway, but leave it till the last minute, but contrary to popular opinion, not all season ticket holders have easy access to a computer or the necessary knowhow to do it themselves and don't like asking others to do it for them. All I was saying was that I don't feel most who are going to renew season tickets require any enticement other than the good prices and love of their club. There may be some who like getting their little free gift - I have the postcard with the shirt with my name and the number 12 on it from a few years back on my classroom wall still, but the majority of the things that come go in the bin. We have several season tickets in our house and they'll all be renewed and no doubt with every pack that comes we'll get the same stuff. We don't need it - that's all. I know the club have to strike a balance between economy and good marketing. I know there would be some folks asking why they didn't get the freebies if they didn't come in their pack. But I bet the are the same folk saying "What do I need this for?" when they find something other than forms in their pack.

Same with us it all goes in the recycling but it's impossible for the club to know who to mail and not to mail. The only option, and one the Fans Forum might like to take up, is to offer a paperless system with a small discount to users......much the same way as I get £5 off various utility bills for doing it all online. I think this is a GOOD idea.

In your usual dynamic manner you overlook this doesn't suit everyone. I would have renewed weeks ago but the details, i.e price, is wrong on my account. This is for the third year running, I might add, and it means I'd pay double for the ST so I have no choice but to fill in the paper form and send a payment.

The other issue is I quite like to be told what the price is. I have no idea at all. I don't buy the LET or a programme and watch the football not the big screen so I can't tell you what the ST cost is next year. Because my online details are incorrect I can't even be sure of the price showing on the web site.

What should I do? Just send the club a bucket of money?

Same with us it all goes in the recycling but it's impossible for the club to know who to mail and not to mail. The only option, and one the Fans Forum might like to take up, is to offer a paperless system with a small discount to users......much the same way as I get £5 off various utility bills for doing it all online. I think this is a GOOD idea.

If you could do the direct debits like that I'd go for it too. Usually I pay up front for my tickets so no problem, but this year have other expenses which mean I haven't put any cash aside to cover the cost in advance. Savings for doing it online could be small but then they wouldn't need to pay postage or send me any free gifts so they'd save money that way and it would all be sorted, particularly if any small discount only appplied if you set it up before an earlyish date. Might bear looking into for the club anyway.

Can I suggest this bucket?

Giant-Bucket_792865i.jpg

Mark it "FTAO Big Sam. £20m Transfer Budget. Summer 2010". :lol: Of course he'll only see about £8 million pounds of it but I still reckon he'll sort your ST out.

In your usual dynamic manner you overlook this doesn't suit everyone. I would have renewed weeks ago but the details, i.e price, is wrong on my account. This is for the third year running, I might add, and it means I'd pay double for the ST so I have no choice but to fill in the paper form and send a payment.

The other issue is I quite like to be told what the price is. I have no idea at all. I don't buy the LET or a programme and watch the football not the big screen so I can't tell you what the ST cost is next year. Because my online details are incorrect I can't even be sure of the price showing on the web site.

Just give up Paul, it's obviously not worth the hassle.

If you don't know the price of a season ticket how on earth do you know that the figure on 'my account' is wrong?

So what about those who can't get to Ewood for whatever reason but need to fill in a direct debit form? I'm not having a go at the club; I usually renew mine on line anyway, but leave it till the last minute, but contrary to popular opinion, not all season ticket holders have easy access to a computer or the necessary knowhow to do it themselves and don't like asking others to do it for them. All I was saying was that I don't feel most who are going to renew season tickets require any enticement other than the good prices and love of their club. There may be some who like getting their little free gift - I have the postcard with the shirt with my name and the number 12 on it from a few years back on my classroom wall still, but the majority of the things that come go in the bin. We have several season tickets in our house and they'll all be renewed and no doubt with every pack that comes we'll get the same stuff. We don't need it - that's all. I know the club have to strike a balance between economy and good marketing. I know there would be some folks asking why they didn't get the freebies if they didn't come in their pack. But I bet the are the same folk saying "What do I need this for?" when they find something other than forms in their pack.

If you went to the Everton game you could collected a DD form from the ticket office.

If you went to the Everton game you could collected a DD form from the ticket office.

1) What if people didn't go to the Everton game?

2) What if people (not unreasonably) expected to get a renewal pack on time, rather than wait while some naff bonus gets stuck in China?

A football club is very emotive for a lot of people, hence why some get really sensitive and upset whenever it is criticised (whether unreasonably or constructively) but it is ultimately a business and we are consumers. It is the club's responsibility to make things as simple as possible for the consumer because it is in a very financially unstable environment and it can't afford to pass up opportunities to make things as simple as possible for the fans.

Maybe I should also point out that I'm intending to renew online and not paying DD, but I can see where the people who are are coming from.

Would it be possible to have a sensible discussion about this or will it be "people are always criticising the club, the club can't win, you should all look at yourselves etc etc"? There's a tendency on here to overreact to anything that isn't gushing praise and label it as being overtly negative when in fact it's reasonable. There are some on here who needlessly condemn everything to do with the club which does no good whatsoever but Paul and Gumboots are hardly those people. I think just as some are guilty of being overly negative, there are some who are just as guilty of interpreting everything that isn't sunshine and rainbows as being a sinister attack on the club.

If I'd been desperate to renew my ticket I might have done, but I'm not really talking about myself, because I wasn't so desperate to renew that I couldn't wait till today when the pack arrived to renew it. All I said was that because some people are computer literate, able to attend every match, get there early enough to visit the ticket office, they assume everyone else fits their criteria. It wasn't even a rant when I started. I'm not bothered about waiting for my pack - I'll miss the start of the season anyway so I don't actually need my ticket till September and although I'll be renewing my own seat I don't really care that much about it that it would worry me if I had to sit elsewhere. My compaint, if it was even a complaint, is that I don't need the rubbish that comes with the forms, I don't even need the chairman's letter or whatever it is. I, like many who are existing ST holders just want/need the club to send me the forms so I can do my part of the bargain and give them my cash, leaving them with their part of the deal which is to try to bring in other new season ticket holders and do everything possible to make sure that I watch my team win more than it loses next year. It can't guarantee that will happen of course, but it can do things that make it more likely than not.

Now if I really wanted to rant I could complain that the card in my husband's ST pack is silent. You wait all this time for a component from China and then IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!

To be honest, not having the packs out IS a bit shoddy, regardless of the other ways to renew.

It was the same last year - they announced all the prices and the like before the last game of the season, but nothing was available at the match, in the programme, at the ticket office, or even on the website for weeks afterwards, it lost some of the feelgood and I know of several people who thought better of byuing one - some on this messageboard in fact!

Yes there are other ways to do all of these things, but it is the simple things that there are no excuses for consistently cocking up on. Despite what certain posters say!

These are not 'excuses' hughesy - its people making relevent points.

We are the customer so they should be bending over backwards to advertise their product like with anything else in life. Get a simple-ish pack out asap and send all the fancy stuff later if necessary!

The mystery component was OK but faulty and a lot of expense for nothing. In previous seasons we've been given things that were useful (mousemats, car stickets etc.

Pick up the phone and ask them to correct it ?

Or print out the application forms from the internet and fill them in.

I'd also suggest however that Rovers should be displaying the season ticket information in a more prominent place, given that the packs havent been sent.

1) What if people didn't go to the Everton game?

2) What if people (not unreasonably) expected to get a renewal pack on time, rather than wait while some naff bonus gets stuck in China?

A football club is very emotive for a lot of people, hence why some get really sensitive and upset whenever it is criticised (whether unreasonably or constructively) but it is ultimately a business and we are consumers. It is the club's responsibility to make things as simple as possible for the consumer because it is in a very financially unstable environment and it can't afford to pass up opportunities to make things as simple as possible for the fans.

Maybe I should also point out that I'm intending to renew online and not paying DD, but I can see where the people who are are coming from.

Would it be possible to have a sensible discussion about this or will it be "people are always criticising the club, the club can't win, you should all look at yourselves etc etc"? There's a tendency on here to overreact to anything that isn't gushing praise and label it as being overtly negative when in fact it's reasonable. There are some on here who needlessly condemn everything to do with the club which does no good whatsoever but Paul and Gumboots are hardly those people. I think just as some are guilty of being overly negative, there are some who are just as guilty of interpreting everything that isn't sunshine and rainbows as being a sinister attack on the club.

People are receiving packs today, that's plenty of time.

On time being?! :P People still have 4 weeks or whatever it is to renew to reclaim their seats...hardly short notice is it!

We are the customer so they should be bending over backwards

Seen our prices..?? Could they bend over any more for you?

As for extra's being naff or whatever....its just abit of marketing, it was just unfortunate it was from the far east & the delays happened - im sure the club would have loved to predict the volcanic delays - infact had they known we could have put our £40m for next season on it & made the club rich with our predictions!! :rolleyes:

Agree totally with Paul's online idea too - it would also save the club on marketing info to those that dont want it.

On time being?! :P People still have 4 weeks or whatever it is to renew to reclaim their seats...hardly short notice is it!

Seen our prices..?? Could they bend over any more for you? Organisation-wise, yes - that's what we're talking about here, not the prices. The ST could be £1000.00 and I would get one so pricing not an issue.

As for extra's being naff or whatever....its just abit of marketing, it was just unfortunate it was from the far east & the delays happened - im sure the club would have loved to predict the volcanic delays - infact had they known we could have put our £40m for next season on it & made the club rich with our predictions!! :rolleyes:

More reason to send out a basic pack in the first instance to avoid this. In other words getting their priorities right to avoid losing any custom. :rolleyes:

Are the club putting a back-hander your way by any chance? :lol:

Agree totally with Paul's online idea too - it would also save the club on marketing info to those that dont want it.

Pick up the phone and ask them to correct it ?

Or print out the application forms from the internet and fill them in.

I'd also suggest however that Rovers should be displaying the season ticket information in a more prominent place, given that the packs havent been sent.

It isn't that simple when it involves a disabled/pa ticket. We usually have to wait a bit for ours.

Re the 'component' - not sure if we usually get one anyway. A new car sticker would be nice if we must get one though :)

It isn't that simple when it involves a disabled/pa ticket. We usually have to wait a bit for ours.

Re the 'component' - not sure if we usually get one anyway. A new car sticker would be nice if we must get one though :)

Yes or a poster for the wall or most other things. The card we got is no use for anything. If it's just a bit of marketing as Hughesy said then find someone else to do the marketing next year because this one isn't doing the job.

Archived