Guest Kamy100

350 members have voted

1. 1. Current Status

• Already renewed ? existing ST holder
    • New ST Holder ? already purchased
    • Renewing prior to deadline
    • Renewing after deadline
    • Not renewing due to finances/ family/work
    • Not renewing because iv lost interest/ im off to the pub with Waggy in Rishton
    • Not possible due to distance
    • Not Sure Yet
    • Planning to Purchase

I for one love the Rovers and have been going for over 32 years, but i know if the prices did start to crawl up i would seriously consider not going. I am just not enjoying it anywhere near as much as i used to.

So you want cheap as chips season tickets AND 'entertaining' football! :huh:

Rovers cant afford the 'luxury player' anymore but you'd refuse to pay more for your season ticket to try and help attain that calibre of player?

Unrealistic.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're all entitled to the odd gripe on here about Allardyce's boring style of football, no-mark players like Andrews etc but in reality I think Blackburn Rovers are the best club in the land for a local to support and the season ticket prices show a board who are 100% committed to encouraging local support. We should all get behind them and get season ticket numbers up to a record amount next season.

I'm definitely renewing and already looking forward to an onwards and upwards season. Young players like Olssen and Jones who get better every week, hopefully Kalinic having a good season after settling in this time, and - please God!- a couple of half-decent signings in the close season (a goalscoring striker & a creative midfielder, as the mantra now goes). Next season could see us challenging for the Europa League places, and even if it doesnt so long as we're not ending the year in a relegation scrap that's a successful season for a club like ours.

I think to make it more attractive, season tickets should include all away games (including travel), cup, friendly and any other games. We would get lots more fans that way :rolleyes::rolleyes:

PS oh yes and throw in World cup tickets and travel too!

All for £200 :D

I for one love the Rovers and have been going for over 32 years, but i know if the prices did start to crawl up i would seriously consider not going. I am just not enjoying it anywhere near as much as i used to.

FFS!! we have one of the cheapest tickets in all english league football, accrington stanley's prices are higher, get a grip

FFS!! we have one of the cheapest tickets in all english league football, accrington stanley's prices are higher, get a grip

He said if the ticket prices creep up he'd consider not going, he goes now because its cheap, have you missed the point by many miles ;)

Yes the prices are fantastic, but who can honestly hold their hand up and say they are being entertained?

For me personally the entertainment side of the game comes second to winning. That is the reason I travel 6 hours on a saturday to see us at ewood anyway. The amount of times I have seen us play nice football and lost it just really doesn't bother me. I'm more than happy with us playing to our strengths and winning games. Also helps if we have more saturday games.

It will be a sad time when I no longer go to Rovers - can never see it happening.

Going Cardiff Uni next year, but it makes no difference. I will be there every week!

I came back from Leeds for all the matches when I was at Uni, but Cardiff?!?! Good lad!

Take it you want one of the South Wales clubs to come up?!

I came back from Leeds for all the matches when I was at Uni, but Cardiff?!?! Good lad!

Take it you want one of the South Wales clubs to come up?!

Putting money away now, 12 pound train to Manchester :)

I'd love it to be honest, would be fantastic for a load of my friends to come up to Cardiff :)

At my college I get stick for being Rovers mad, so I have to go to save face ;) But I couldn't stay away...

And I'd have gone to Leeds if I got in ;-), AAB wasn't enough for English :(

Hello everyone, WE are BLACKBURN ROVERS, the TOWN football team that rocks.

Until the day I die I will venture to Ewood and on my last journey may my ashes be scattered on my beloved Blackburn End goalmouth.

Its in the blood.

Thats the one :tu:

Lucky to get 15k? :lol: Are you a claret or something? 99% of your posts are so negative....

The clubs target is 19-20k! :tu:

No, I'm a realist and not trying to make out Sam's reign to be the second coming like some people on here do! :rolleyes: We are a small-town club, and have a core support of about 12/13k, the rest were probably tempted by the prices. It's all about perceived value-for-money - I will always go and have done since 1982 despite the lack of much entertainment, but I'm sure there's a fair few current season ticket holders who do not feel the quality of fare is worth not just the money, but the time.

I much preferred the whole experience in the mid-1980's - yes the ground was a sh*thole, and the players were average - but not miles removed from reality. Now it's very sanitised and soulless and the players totally out of touch with the real world.

And my target is to win the lottery, and own an apartment in New York and a Ferrari - but that's not going to happen either. ;)

I guess we'll see what the Blackburn public think in about 3 months time ....

I agree Mark, but if the fan looked at it in the right context then they will see a product on offer that is unbeleivable.

I pay £315 to watch footie from the main stand for the season, discounted cup games and a tream that is growing in stature steadily. For me its great value.

compare it to the £1000 to go to mould t or stamford bridge. They are expected to win but dont have the atmosphere of a lower placed club like ours. And we dont have the same debt !!

Any chance of a poll? :huh: Mods?

* i will be re-newing my ST

* i will NOT be re-newing my ST

* i will be a new ST holder

* i am not interested in being a ST holder

....or something like that :unsure:

or howzabout a more indepth poll......

* i will be re-newing my ST in the BBE

* i will be re-newing my ST in the Riverside

* i will be re-newing my ST in the JW

* i will be re-newing my ST in the DE

* i will be re-newing my ST but will be looking to move to the BBE

* i will be re-newing my ST but will be looking to move to the Riverside

* i will be re-newing my ST but will be looking to move to the JW

* i will be re-newing my ST but will be looking to move to the DE

* i will NOT be re-newing my BBE ST

* i will NOT be re-newing my Riverside ST

* i will NOT be re-newing my JW ST

* i will NOT be re-newing my DE ST

* i will be a NEW ST holder in the BBE (hopefully)

* i will be a NEW ST holder in the Riverside (hopefully)

* i will be a NEW ST holder in the JW (hopefully)

* i will be a NEW ST holder in the DE (hopefully)

* i will NOT be buying a ST

.....:huh: is that too indepth?? :blush:

after that sack of ###### today they'll be ringing on monday to be taken off the list :angry:

You are having a laugh?

I'm looking forward to welcoming the new season ticket holders to Ewood next season in place of the doom and gloom brigade. Ewood Park will be a better place without you all.

Why on earth do people have to make such a song and dance about not renewing? If you don't want to renew be on your way and do it quietly instead of constantly bad mouthing the club, the same club that is going all out to accommodate fans.

I, and others who I spoke to at the game on Saturday, am sick of hearing pathetic excuses for not renewing. If it's sexy football you want to see stay at home and subscribe to Skysports. If you want to support the Rovers then buy your season ticket and get behind the lads.

I assume most of the fans who are not renewing had never been to Ewood pre-1992, they wont remember the likes of Howard Kendall & Bobby Saxton in the real grim days. All we wanted was to be in the top flight and now here we are, coming up to our 10th consecutive season in the Premier League giving a game to some of the best teams in the world whilst big clubs such as Leeds, Nottingham Forest and Newcastle have failed.

I'm proud to be a part of Blackburn Rovers and I will always be part of Blackburn Rovers.

I take your point but there were some fantastic times under Kendall and Saxton.

Certainly the football was at times vastly superior to anything we've seen under Allardyce. Have to say I preferred it back then - at least we had something to play for other than aiming for 17th by whatever means, even if it was usually an annual play-off defeat. ;)

If only Howard Gayle had scored that penalty .... :angry:

I agree Mark, but if the fan looked at it in the right context then they will see a product on offer that is unbeleivable.

This 1864 cannot be denied ... but just because something is vfm doesn't mean it is still worth buying.

Its everybody's own perogative I suppose - you have been there worn the t-shirt etc, but I'm sure even the like's of your good self must feel there is something missing from the game - hard to put a finger on it exactly what but there is something but as you say its in the blood so you do so regardless.

Its not Rover's fault and they are doing their damn hardest to help and please the fans and although I understand where the likes of Hughesy is coming from and he is justified in his comments ( even though he types before thinking I feel sometimes) there is argument to both sides.

Its not people saying they won't be going again just that they won't be renewing on their season tickets.

I certainly enjoyed it more in the 80's/grim days (maybe as I didn't have as many commitments and more ready cash to speand) despite our situation and I do attend mostly on my own now which probably changes my viewpoint/feelings and , but I also have my opinions of how the game should be played however it is my intention that I will be renewing my Season Ticket.

No, I'm a realist and not trying to make out Sam's reign to be the second coming like some people on here do!

I will always go and have done since 1982 despite the lack of much entertainment, but I'm sure there's a fair few current season ticket holders who do not feel the quality of fare is worth not just the money, but the time.

And my target is to win the lottery, and own an apartment in New York and a Ferrari - but that's not going to happen either. ;)

I guess we'll see what the Blackburn public think in about 3 months time ....

Your target more than likely will not happen you are correct, but their is nothing to suggest the clubs target wont be met, or be very far off. This season we managed to attract 19k ST holders, despite being bottom of the league for a large part last season. This year we havent had that same struggle, the performances have improved abit & we made a Semi Final again.

Fans surely will see the rise of Olsson, Jones & a few others, along with the find of NZonzi and believe things are improving....therefore 12 months later you are getting a superior product for the same amount of cash (more or less).

As for feeling the product is worth the time?!?! Its not a chore to support the team you love, its part of your life, its something you look forward to at weekend. You dont sit there and think, oh for god sakes its footy again this saturday...i dont have the time :blink: Do you? :rock:

I assume most of the fans who are not renewing had never been to Ewood pre-1992, they wont remember the likes of Howard Kendall & Bobby Saxton in the real grim days. All we wanted was to be in the top flight and now here we are, coming up to our 10th consecutive season in the Premier League giving a game to some of the best teams in the world whilst big clubs such as Leeds, Nottingham Forest and Newcastle have failed.

I think it may well be the other way round. In those days it was 3pm saturday kick offs which were not moved at the drop of the hat. Plus a lot of those fans now have mortgages and family and it is more difficult to plan around sky and ESPN picking TV games when they want.

Archived