Guest Kamy100

350 members have voted

1. 1. Current Status

• Already renewed ? existing ST holder
    • New ST Holder ? already purchased
    • Renewing prior to deadline
    • Renewing after deadline
    • Not renewing due to finances/ family/work
    • Not renewing because iv lost interest/ im off to the pub with Waggy in Rishton
    • Not possible due to distance
    • Not Sure Yet
    • Planning to Purchase

In previous seasons some fans have not been happy if they havent receieved a pack (because they have already renewed or whatever)....so this year the whole group have been targetted.

Some people dont need enticement - thats correct (me included) - however this year there has been nobody left out....everyone has been sent the pack - the 'noise' is to remind people of the atmosphere and to try and get new ST holders on board.

Some people might hate it, some people love it - but Market research tells you that if you add a personal touch & perhaps use interactive multi-media then it increases response rates....so the club is right to try it.

At the end of the day - the club are just trying to increase Season Ticket holders, and make it better for our club in the long run...whatever the method! :brfc:

I understand that the club are trying to increase ST sales but I have to tell you that the rubbishy card with a picture of my seat on it, if indeed it is my seat, and that annoying noise thing would be as likely to put me off if I was wavering as it would be to entice me. Perhaps I'm the one who mucks up those market research surveys just as I'd muck up any exit poll at elections because I just lie. I can't believe people actually tell them how they voted just as I can't believe that people actually say that a personal letter in your season ticket pack makes you more likely to buy one. Any of those mail shots with my name, and especially with my first name on, usually go straight in the recycling bag unread. They don't know me. If I stood in front of John Williams he wouldn't know who I wa unless I introduced myself to him so why would a letter from the club with my name on it make me any more likely to buy. It's like a few years ago when Mark hughes rang all our mobiles to encourage us to buy tickets for something or other. Being stuck in traffic on the M! at the time all I did was yell abuse at him throughout the whole message because there was no way it actually was him and the gimmick wasn't what I needed especially at that time. I'm a cantankerous middle-aged woman and all I want is straightforward info available on the right day with no fuss, no frills so I can make my own mind up and deal with it in my own way. And I'm ranting because I'm stuck at home recovering from an op that has left me unable to work for 2 weeks but feeling totally normal. I'm bored, fed up and just want to get my life back.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In previous seasons some fans have not been happy if they havent receieved a pack (because they have already renewed or whatever)....so this year the whole group have been targetted.

Some people dont need enticement - thats correct (me included) - however this year there has been nobody left out....everyone has been sent the pack - the 'noise' is to remind people of the atmosphere and to try and get new ST holders on board.

Some people might hate it, some people love it - but Market research tells you that if you add a personal touch & perhaps use interactive multi-media then it increases response rates....so the club is right to try it.

At the end of the day - the club are just trying to increase Season Ticket holders, and make it better for our club in the long run...whatever the method! :brfc:

I think you're right Hughesy, I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. Somebody mentioned about putting mouse mats or key rings in the pack, firstly we've had those before (I've still got my Proud to be a Rover one on my desk) and secondly they can be bought in the club shop so if Rovers gave out 19,000 in the renewal packs that wouldn't have been very good business at all would it?

It seems a straight forward renewal pack with a bit of something different in it. My 9yr old loved it, which I see as a good thing as part of the marketing dept scope is to target the kids and get them interested, they are the future fans.

I think the gizmo was different, not tacky, and I don't think the packs broke the bank either so all in all it's about all I would have required or expected of the the club.

I understand that the club are trying to increase ST sales but I have to tell you that the rubbishy card with a picture of my seat on it, if indeed it is my seat, and that annoying noise thing would be as likely to put me off if I was wavering as it would be to entice me. Perhaps I'm the one who mucks up those market research surveys just as I'd muck up any exit poll at elections because I just lie. I can't believe people actually tell them how they voted just as I can't believe that people actually say that a personal letter in your season ticket pack makes you more likely to buy one. Any of those mail shots with my name, and especially with my first name on, usually go straight in the recycling bag unread. They don't know me. If I stood in front of John Williams he wouldn't know who I wa unless I introduced myself to him so why would a letter from the club with my name on it make me any more likely to buy. It's like a few years ago when Mark hughes rang all our mobiles to encourage us to buy tickets for something or other. Being stuck in traffic on the M! at the time all I did was yell abuse at him throughout the whole message because there was no way it actually was him and the gimmick wasn't what I needed especially at that time. I'm a cantankerous middle-aged woman and all I want is straightforward info available on the right day with no fuss, no frills so I can make my own mind up and deal with it in my own way. And I'm ranting because I'm stuck at home recovering from an op that has left me unable to work for 2 weeks but feeling totally normal. I'm bored, fed up and just want to get my life back.

Get well soon gumboots! :tu:

I'm a cantankerous middle-aged woman and all I want is straightforward info available on the right day with no fuss, no frills so I can make my own mind up and deal with it in my own way.

And I'm ranting because I'm stuck at home recovering from an op that has left me unable to work for 2 weeks but feeling totally normal. I'm bored, fed up and just want to get my life back.

First of all - get well soon!

And the top bit....thats fair enough - but the club just havent excluded anyone this time, and fortunatley everyone is different in thier views :lol::o

First of all - get well soon!

And the top bit....thats fair enough - but the club just havent excluded anyone this time, and fortunatley everyone is different in thier views :lol::o

Thanks. I don't need to get well - I am well. All a bit ridiculous really. That's why I'm so fed up, and there's not even any Rovers news or matches to keep me going. :)

Just got next season ticket renewal pack.....what a joke !

The so called live commentary which was supposed to start up when the card was opened didnt work for both mine and my sons .

On further delving it would appear that one of the electrical wires in my pack had not been connected to the speaker!

Do you think I should contact the club ans ask to borrow a soldering iron !

IMO This attempt at advanced marketing has left egg on the face of the club's administration and has been definitely counter productive !

A reduction in the ticket price would have been more appreciated.

Glad you find it so funny Hughesy

A reduction!? Those 'components' probably cost next to nothing in china....So do you want 50p off your season ticket instead?

Im sure if you write to the club and ask they will sort it out for you....although be careful what size you send as the postage stamp might cost the same :lol:

Just kidding too! :P

Mods. Can we have a Poll on Renewals please?

As someone already renewed I want to be smug and tick the ALREADY RENEWED box.

Lets create 'scarcity value' around Season Tickets and even stimulate the Rishton 'cyber-warrior'

Same with us it all goes in the recycling but it's impossible for the club to know who to mail and not to mail. The only option, and one the Fans Forum might like to take up, is to offer a paperless system with a small discount to users......much the same way as I get £5 off various utility bills for doing it all online. I think this is a GOOD idea.

/quote]

I will certainly raise the idea Paul. We have already suggested that they set up an automatic renewal service for those of us who know we will renew but they are very nervous that they would be taking the fans for granted. I personally don't have a problem with the club writing to me at this time of the year saying they will deduct the cost of my season tickets from my bank on 1st June or whenever, giving me a few weeks to cancel if I need to. I realise this wouldn't suit everyone but it wouldn't be compulsory and might suit a significant % of fans. It would seem to me to be worth a small % off the ST price as well - certainly other businesses bribe their customers to set up automatic renewal by direct debit with all sorts.

Ok I agree about the cost comment, but such cheap gimmicks just cheapen the club, especially when they dont work

I must be easily pleased because I thought the card was a nice touch.

Bloody hell the club best get their tin hats ready if a REAL issue emerges between the club and fans.

Same with us it all goes in the recycling but it's impossible for the club to know who to mail and not to mail. The only option, and one the Fans Forum might like to take up, is to offer a paperless system with a small discount to users......much the same way as I get £5 off various utility bills for doing it all online. I think this is a GOOD idea.

/quote]

I will certainly raise the idea Paul. We have already suggested that they set up an automatic renewal service for those of us who know we will renew but they are very nervous that they would be taking the fans for granted. I personally don't have a problem with the club writing to me at this time of the year saying they will deduct the cost of my season tickets from my bank on 1st June or whenever, giving me a few weeks to cancel if I need to. I realise this wouldn't suit everyone but it wouldn't be compulsory and might suit a significant % of fans. It would seem to me to be worth a small % off the ST price as well - certainly other businesses bribe their customers to set up automatic renewal by direct debit with all sorts.

I too would be quite happy with that arrangement. It wouldn't suit everybody but if it happened like it does with car insurance and so on then it would be fine. It's about to run out. If you want it to continue do nothing. If you want to stop it contact us and your bank. Yes it's taking us for granted but then there are some times that's ok.

ame='only2garners' date='14 May 2010 - 15:18 PM' timestamp='1273846719' post='908884']

I too would be quite happy with that arrangement. It wouldn't suit everybody but if it happened like it does with car insurance and so on then it would be fine. It's about to run out. If you want it to continue do nothing. If you want to stop it contact us and your bank. Yes it's taking us for granted but then there are some times that's ok.

Until they cock it up... and cancel and sell the wrong seat.

I'm thinking of moving from the Blackburn End and the Darwen End, every time we score I seem to catch this guys hood who sits in front, I somehow pulled his glasses off @ the Burnley game :unsure: duno how I do it. He said something to me at the Arsenal game I tried to apologise but he said "you do it every f*ckin' time" :rolleyes: so now I feel I can't celebrate a goal with him being there and it looks quite good in the singing section. Anyone else thinking of moving?

I'm thinking of moving from the Blackburn End and the Darwen End, every time we score I seem to catch this guys hood who sits in front, I somehow pulled his glasses off @ the Burnley game :unsure: duno how I do it. He said something to me at the Arsenal game I tried to apologise but he said "you do it every f*ckin' time" :rolleyes: so now I feel I can't celebrate a goal with him being there and it looks quite good in the singing section. Anyone else thinking of moving?

Not personally but I know a few who are. I've sampled the DE 3 times last season and I would recommend it 100%. It's a refreshing change to have a positive atmosphere and not hear people moaning (like in the Riverside and BBE) ALSO you can stand towards the back for 90mins if you want to.

We've decided to have 1 more season on the Riverside which will make it 20yrs for me, then Darwen End all the way!

Not personally but I know a few who are. I've sampled the DE 3 times last season and I would recommend it 100%. It's a refreshing change to not hear people moaning AND you can stand towards the back for 90mins if you want to.

We've decided to have 1 more season on the Riverside which will make it 20yrs for me, then Darwen End all the way!

That's another reason I want to move, too many moaners. I think I've just made up my mind, I'm moving to the Darwen End.

That's another reason I want to move, too many moaners. I think I've just made up my mind, I'm moving to the Darwen End.

I can't speak highly enough of being in there... i'll certainly be going in for a few games again next season.

I have a feeling the half nearest the Riverside will fill up this season. For thse of you who are unsure whether to commit, just transfer for one game and your mind will be made up!

My pack arrived today, and I was impressed with the extra-rare clip of Niko scoring a league goal, just in case it never happens again.

I'm a DE ST holder, and my renewal form has a pre filled seat and row number. Are the club abandoning the unreserved situation in the DE?

My pack arrived today, and I was impressed with the extra-rare clip of Niko scoring a league goal, just in case it never happens again.

I'm a DE ST holder, and my renewal form has a pre filled seat and row number. Are the club abandoning the unreserved situation in the DE?

NO... but because they allocate seats on their system, they select a row and seat... but when your ST arrives it will say 'unreserved'. The same happens when buying match tickets online.

The small print in your pack should confirm it.

Season tickets paid for. A transfer request for my wife so she can sit next (or as near as possible) to me which you can only do at the ticket office which is a little odd. Transfer requests used to be in with the renewal packs. Anybody know why that's changed?

It`s a move you`ll never regret RIML :tu: Get moved into the Darren End!!

Can't decide... BBE or Darwen End.. Blackburn End is only good when it's going really well, eg second half v Arsenal. But don't fancy sitting somewhere bad when we play a good team... plus if we get Burnley in the cup, the BBE will be full, they will get full end...

BTW! Some people are never happy.. get a grip. Complaining about the ST pack? Nothing wrong with it.

Archived