Guest Kamy100

350 members have voted

1. 1. Current Status

• Already renewed ? existing ST holder
    • New ST Holder ? already purchased
    • Renewing prior to deadline
    • Renewing after deadline
    • Not renewing due to finances/ family/work
    • Not renewing because iv lost interest/ im off to the pub with Waggy in Rishton
    • Not possible due to distance
    • Not Sure Yet
    • Planning to Purchase

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Season ticket sales are already extremely encouraging' ....according to official site.

:tu:

That's what they said at the last Fans Forum. They added that they had received applications from quite a few completely new fans i.e. not on their database at all.

That's what they said at the last Fans Forum. They added that they had received applications from quite a few completely new fans i.e. not on their database at all.

Hope they arn't United fans who would quite happily pay £200.00 for a match ticket from a tout and have seen this as an easier way... might be completely off the mark but it makes you wonder.

Not sure if its linked to that guy on here - But i was told about 5 celtic fans who have bought 5 season tickets between them for next season & they plan on travelling down to each home game. If only we could find more from the local area like that!!

Not sure if its linked to that guy on here - But i was told about 5 celtic fans who have bought 5 season tickets between them for next season & they plan on travelling down to each home game. If only we could find more from the local area like that!!

Wouldn't they end up somewhere near Watford?

I think the level of support from the local area is absolutely fantastic - it was good even before the mega-cheap STs - and if people want to come to Ewood from further afield then they're more than welcome. It's not a reason to have a dig at the level of local support though.

Wouldn't they end up somewhere near Watford?

I think the level of support from the local area is absolutely fantastic - it was good even before the mega-cheap STs - and if people want to come to Ewood from further afield then they're more than welcome. It's not a reason to have a dig at the level of local support though.

Look at this way Exeter bigger than blackburn (population wise) and certainly has a serious surrounding population, average gate - 5832.

And what did we get this year?

Not even in the premiership would they touch us for attendance % of the local popualtion (not that ST James holds 30,000), also consider there are only three more teams for almost 60 miles all around them. Credit where its due, Rovers really do get serious support from the locals.

Look at this way Exeter bigger than blackburn (population wise) and certainly has a serious surrounding population, average gate - 5832.

And what did we get this year?

Not even in the premiership would they touch us for attendance % of the local popualtion (not that ST James holds 30,000), also consider there are only three more teams for almost 60 miles all around them. Credit where its due, Rovers really do get serious support from the locals.

Too right, if you can find me a better supported club, I'd like to know.

Hughesy, you of all people, tut tut!

Ah so that's the secret......don't get yourself on the data base! :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist. I've thought a lot about the two issues we PM'd. I'll be in touch before the next FF meeting

With reference to the next wave of increases to our Season-ticket holders,surely the 5 Celtic supporters allegedly buying Season tickets is part of the answer.

Keep Premiership Football at Ewood cheap and accessible to train commuters and drivers. Lay on coaches from Preston station for instance.

When we were in the old 3rd we used to play the big boys in the Cup and marvel at the names of the towns from where the Supporters Coaches used to come from.The same trend might start to emerge with us.

If it can add 10% particularly to the Darwen End then we truly have taken back Ewood.

With reference to the next wave of increases to our Season-ticket holders,surely the 5 Celtic supporters allegedly buying Season tickets is part of the answer.

Keep Premiership Football at Ewood cheap and accessible to train commuters and drivers. Lay on coaches from Preston station for instance.

When we were in the old 3rd we used to play the big boys in the Cup and marvel at the names of the towns from where the Supporters Coaches used to come from.The same trend might start to emerge with us.

If it can add 10% particularly to the Darwen End then we truly have taken back Ewood.

I am not sure if they still do, but a few seasons ago I think they laid coaches on from the surounding areas as far as the Lake district.

I agree mhead - coaches from surrounding areas such as Preston, Bolton, Accy, Blackpool, Lancaster, perhaps even Burnley.....eventually more and more will come from those areas.

Maybe I could put a few posters/flyers up around Bacup if the club has some.... lot of dingles here though :o

You're a glass half empty kinda guy aren't you Ben. :tu:

I try not to be :lol:

I was also thinking of Keighley,Skipton,Kendal(of Wainwright fame),Carlisle,Barrow and Scotland.....we are the nearest Premier League football.

Let's be ambitious and market to the 100 mile radius(plus Central Scotland on the Main Line)

I was also thinking of Keighley,Skipton,Kendal(of Wainwright fame),Carlisle,Barrow and Scotland.....we are the nearest Premier League football.

Let's be ambitious and market to the 100 mile radius(plus Central Scotland on the Main Line)

You're dead right.

I'm from Barrow and the whole reason I support Rovers is because we set up training weeks for kids, I must have been about 7 or 8. They were brilliant, there must have been about 100 kids there. I think it was three days of skills training, then the fourth day was a massive 5-a-side competition. Certificates of your skill rating and various other things were handed out.

The fifth day was a coach journey and a tour of the stadium (oddly one year this included Turd Moor!). Of course, this involved a trip to the gift shop, so there were plenty of kids in the area with Rovers merchandise plastered over their bedroom walls.

I know quite a few of my mates who were there still support Rovers for this reason. Unfortunately, the thing got watered down year by year - first changing venue to artificial surfaces, then removing the stadium tour, then making it less days. I don't think they even do it now.

There are a lot of potential supports in Cumbria as a whole I think, if Rovers could resume the schemes they were doing in the early nineties.

If they wanted to come to Ewood they would do,its not that far is it!.Bigger and more successful clubs in this area will always attract most of the floating/glory hunter support.

I agree SG, but what LeChuck says was really interesting, these football schools can get people interested.

People in places like north Lancs and the Lakes don't REALLY 'support' Utd or Lpool, the vast majority will never have set foot in OT or Anfield, get kids involved with Rovers through coaching and trips to Ewood, tickets to games etc, an alligeance quickly grows.

I agree SG, but what LeChuck says was really interesting, these football schools can get people interested.

People in places like north Lancs and the Lakes don't REALLY 'support' Utd or Lpool, the vast majority will never have set foot in OT or Anfield, get kids involved with Rovers through coaching and trips to Ewood, tickets to games etc, an alligeance quickly grows.

I think it is definately true that if you get kids at a young age you'll get a lot of them into the future. We used to have Wigan RL come to our school on a regular basis doing coaching, and we could very easily get match tickets from school for really cheap/free. As such loads of people who were in my year still go regularly, and I would say that there's probably more Wigan season ticket holders than people with footy ones of any team put together.

However, I think nowadays it is much harder to take groups of kids anywhere or even run coaching sessions without having to jump through loads of hoops to prove that it is safe.

Archived