Guest Kamy100

350 members have voted

1. 1. Current Status

• Already renewed ? existing ST holder
    • New ST Holder ? already purchased
    • Renewing prior to deadline
    • Renewing after deadline
    • Not renewing due to finances/ family/work
    • Not renewing because iv lost interest/ im off to the pub with Waggy in Rishton
    • Not possible due to distance
    • Not Sure Yet
    • Planning to Purchase

I just can't fathom this attitude.

In the modern day Premier League, for Rovers to be tenth is an unreal achievement.

The football in the second half of the season was no different than what we watched under Hughes.

managers each have their eras, some you take to and some you don't- game of opinions and all that but to stop going is bizarre. If we have a similar season next season and he leaves at the end of it, will the Allardyce era not be looked back on a success? Isn't that what we want as Rovers fans above all?

Baz would tell you that a finish of tenth place was brilliant. He didn't enjoy the games, that's all. He didn't feel the thrill that he has done up until last season.

It has nothing to do with his attitude. Plus, to be fair, there were other reasons as well, but isn't there always more than just the one reason?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just can't fathom this attitude.

In the modern day Premier League, for Rovers to be tenth is an unreal achievement.

As I have stated before this kind of comment really annoys me, how is it a unreal achievement? since we have been promoted we have finished in the league as below:

01-02 finished 10th and won league cup

02-03 finished 6th

03-04 finished 15th

04-05 finished 15th

05-06 finished 6th

06-07 finished 10th

07-08 finished 7th

08-09 finished 15th

09-10 finished 10th

That's 6 top 10 finishes in the last 9 seasons. how the **** can any of you Rovers "fans" (and I use the term fans very loosely) say we are punching above our belts, we are lucky to be in this league, blah blah bloody blah.

In 9 seasons we have finished in the top 10, 6 times, qualified for Europe 4 times, won the league cup and have been in 3 cup semi finals.

WE ARE NOT JUST A PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB, WE ARE A SUCCESSFUL PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB

You can widen this.

In 4 of the last 5 seasons, Man U, Liverpool Arsenal and Chelsea have finished in the last four. But the Premier League is nearly as boringly predictable in the top ten as those four plus Spurs, Everton and Rovers have all finished top half in four of the past ten years.

Isn't it four semi-finals?

have been in 3 cup semi finals.

Spot on...but isnt it more than 3 semis?! Off the top off my head...the year we won it, United, Chelsea at OT, Villa last season

As I have stated before this kind of comment really annoys me, how is it a unreal achievement? since we have been promoted we have finished in the league as below:

02-03 finished 6th

03-04 finished 15th

04-05 finished 15th

05-06 finished 6th

06-07 finished 10th

07-08 finished 7th

08-09 finished 15th

09-10 finished 10th

That's 6 top 10 finishes in the last 9 seasons. how the **** can any of you Rovers "fans" (and I use the term fans very loosely) say we are punching above our belts, we are lucky to be in this league, blah blah bloody blah.

In 9 seasons we have finished in the top 10, 6 times, qualified for Europe 4 times, won the league cup and have been in 3 cup semi finals.

Id say that this squad we have now is one of the weakest squads we have had in the league for a while. Plus, this season the top 8 have marched off into the distance from the rest of the field. 3/4 years ago, 6th was a realistic goal, now it is more like 8th/9th. Financially we're fighting harder than ever and so to finish 10th is indeed a great achievement. Dont take it for granted.

I'm trying to renew my season ticket on-line.

On the checkout page there is a 'select postage' option. Whenever I click on that it throws me off the internet completely.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Dan

02-03 finished 6th

03-04 finished 15th

04-05 finished 15th

05-06 finished 6th

06-07 finished 10th

07-08 finished 7th

08-09 finished 15th

09-10 finished 10th

HEAR! HEAR!!

Rovers are an ESTABLISHED Premierleague side now.Our fans should be a bit more confident about our club in general.

Spot on...but isnt it more than 3 semis?! Off the top off my head...the year we won it, United, Chelsea at OT, Villa last season

well 4 if you include the year we won it (for some reason I didn't think of that)

HEAR! HEAR!!

Rovers are an ESTABLISHED Premierleague side now.Our fans should be a bit more confident about our club in general.

SG, dazmaz there is no more optimistic fan then me, it grates me immensley when I hear our own fans call us a 'small club', but our financial position is on a knife edge. As JW has said many times, we spend more and more on wages yet keep slipping down the wages paid table.

He has said that the top 8 this season paid the highest 8 set of wages.

So for us with no benefactor putting money in and one of the smallest turnovers finishing top half again and again IS an unreal achievement!

I'm bloody proud of how we keep pulling this off.

Just to clear everything up, this is our list of semi finals since our promotion in 2001.

01-02 League Cup SF v Sheff Wed (W 2-1 away, W 4-2 home - 6-3 agg)

02-03 League Cup SF V Man Utd (D1-1 away, L 1-3 home - 2-4 agg)

04-05 FA Cup SF v Arsenal (L 0-3)

05-06 League Cup SF v Man Utd (D 1-1 home, L 1-2 away - 2-3 agg)

06-07 FA Cup SF v Chelsea (L 1-2 AET)

09-10 League Cup SF v Aston Villa (L 0-1 home, L 4-6 away - 4-7 agg)

Just to clear everything up, this is our list of semi finals since our promotion in 2001.

01-02 League Cup SF v Sheff Wed (W 2-1 away, W 4-2 home - 6-3 agg)

02-03 League Cup SF V Man Utd (D1-1 away, L 1-3 home - 2-4 agg)

04-05 FA Cup SF v Arsenal (L 0-3)

05-06 League Cup SF v Man Utd (D 1-1 home, L 1-2 away - 2-3 agg)

06-07 FA Cup SF v Chelsea (L 1-2 AET)

09-10 League Cup SF v Aston Villa (L 0-1 home, L 4-6 away - 4-7 agg)

looks like we were all way out.

and to make myself look good I meant league cup semis :P (that's a lie BTW)

Renewed mine yesterday online, impressed how effortless it was.

You can stick your Darwen End up your arse, B'Burn end for life :rover:

Pity you don`t show the same passion during games! ;) lol

HEAR! HEAR!!

That is complete bull, established or not staying in the premier league is the only target each season. We have less spending power than 90% of the teams in the top league. I bet even Blackpool spend more than us. We have such fickle fans if we lose the 1st 3 games next season the knives will be out

Archived