Guest Kamy100

350 members have voted

1. 1. Current Status

• Already renewed ? existing ST holder
    • New ST Holder ? already purchased
    • Renewing prior to deadline
    • Renewing after deadline
    • Not renewing due to finances/ family/work
    • Not renewing because iv lost interest/ im off to the pub with Waggy in Rishton
    • Not possible due to distance
    • Not Sure Yet
    • Planning to Purchase

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't decide... BBE or Darwen End.. Blackburn End is only good when it's going really well, eg second half v Arsenal. But don't fancy sitting somewhere bad when we play a good team... plus if we get Burnley in the cup, the BBE will be full, they will get full end...

BTW! Some people are never happy.. get a grip. Complaining about the ST pack? Nothing wrong with it.

If you have to move for cup games then you will get priority... so dont worry about that ;)

I understand that the club are trying to increase ST sales but I have to tell you that the rubbishy card with a picture of my seat on it, if indeed it is my seat, and that annoying noise thing would be as likely to put me off if I was wavering as it would be to entice me. Perhaps I'm the one who mucks up those market research surveys just as I'd muck up any exit poll at elections because I just lie. I can't believe people actually tell them how they voted just as I can't believe that people actually say that a personal letter in your season ticket pack makes you more likely to buy one. Any of those mail shots with my name, and especially with my first name on, usually go straight in the recycling bag unread. They don't know me. If I stood in front of John Williams he wouldn't know who I wa unless I introduced myself to him so why would a letter from the club with my name on it make me any more likely to buy. It's like a few years ago when Mark hughes rang all our mobiles to encourage us to buy tickets for something or other. Being stuck in traffic on the M! at the time all I did was yell abuse at him throughout the whole message because there was no way it actually was him and the gimmick wasn't what I needed especially at that time. I'm a cantankerous middle-aged woman and all I want is straightforward info available on the right day with no fuss, no frills so I can make my own mind up and deal with it in my own way. And I'm ranting because I'm stuck at home recovering from an op that has left me unable to work for 2 weeks but feeling totally normal. I'm bored, fed up and just want to get my life back.

Unable to work for 2 weeks and complaining!

Id never move to the Darren End as you cant sit their for every game....that to me spoils it!! Lets create a big atmosphere only for it to be disrupted for the big games? Na not for me!

Surely you're not speaking out against a club policy? :unsure:

Seriously though, even though 3 games are excluded it's worth it. You could even change to the BBE for the one's you'll miss out on ;)

If not... just change for one game to try it out... i'm sure you like a good atmosphere and banter with the opposition fans... go for it!

Unable to work for 2 weeks and complaining!

When you haven't had 2 weeks off work in your entire working life and you are fit as a fiddle, stuck at home on your own and being told all the time to rest it's downright frustrating. I'm not going back early because I keep expecting to feel ill or in pain, since they told me I would but it hasn't happened yet. I feel a fraud. People keep sending me cards an flowers and get well soon messages and I have to say that I am well.

Hope you get parole soon for good behaviour, Mrs. Gumboots!

Just renewed on the new look onerovers website. Piece of cake.

I have to say though that whilst the gimmick in the season ticket packs was harmless enough, it wasn't worth delaying getting packs out - particularly for people who are renewing.

I felt the envelope when it arrived and said "I hope it's not another season ticket wallet". When I opened it, it was "I wish it'd been another season ticket wallet". :lol:

Still, my son thinks it's ace - and I'm guessing that was really the target audience.

Already looking forward to next season!! :rover:

Surely you're not speaking out against a club policy? :unsure:

Seriously though, even though 3 games are excluded it's worth it. You could even change to the BBE for the one's you'll miss out on ;)

If not... just change for one game to try it out... i'm sure you like a good atmosphere and banter with the opposition fans... go for it!

The DE has been brilliant this season. Only slight worry - and to be honest hopefully one that will come true - if we increase our overall ST sales - and fill up the DE - it will be more difficult to get a seat of choice (the only draw back of unreserved seating). Having said that - if we can fill up the DE - which would take a fairly large increase in ST sales - it will make it a cracking atmosphere.

The words Woman, ranting and complaining - who would have thought eh ?

Don't do it often to be fair, but I have had a hell of a week, and it just keeps on getting worse. If you knew the things that had happened you'd forgive me.

The DE has been brilliant this season. Only slight worry - and to be honest hopefully one that will come true - if we increase our overall ST sales - and fill up the DE - it will be more difficult to get a seat of choice (the only draw back of unreserved seating). Having said that - if we can fill up the DE - which would take a fairly large increase in ST sales - it will make it a cracking atmosphere.

The target has to be 23,000 ST holders... then there will not be enough space to move the DE'ers and it will become a 19 game season ticket.

We've jumped from 15k to over 19k, who knows it could gradually continue.

Ossydave, that's fair enough... The type of people that will move are probably those who want to stand up and be part of a better atmosphere, away from the dreaded moaners. I will have completed 20yrs in the Riverside this coming season, then i'm off... never thought i'd ever say that.

Personally thought the card was great

After many years not getting a ST, nothing to do with Sam, price or team

Two words - M6 and Sky ( kick off times )

Only went to 2 games last season so cant justify

The realistic aim is 19k, the hopeful target is 20k.

Ben why wait if its so good??

The Bburn End is the only place for me, its the recognised main home end too!

Sentimental reasons really, have always sat there and with my Dad too who is no longer with us... thought i'd get 20 years in then go for a new start.

Recognised main home end or not, I wouldn't move there... it's nowhere near as noisy as it was in the past, it's gone very stale and whingy. Also too many have moved there over the years for the atmosphere but don't join in with it!

Hopefully in the not too distant future, we'll have both ends near enough full... that's the ultimate aim.

the main home end and probably the quietest home end in the league ... never mind talk of acoutics, etc the reason it isnt noisy on a regular basis is because enough people do not sing. I used to sit on the JW but moved to the DE at the start of the season and large portions of the BEL just seem to sit there game after game. So it might be the HOME END but it is also the QUIET END.

the main home end and probably the quietest home end in the league ... never mind talk of acoutics, etc the reason it isnt noisy on a regular basis is because enough people do not sing. I used to sit on the JW but moved to the DE at the start of the season and large portions of the BEL just seem to sit there game after game. So it might be the HOME END but it is also the QUIET END.

Just so you all know I put my renewal form in the postbox this evening.

Id never move to the Darren End as you cant sit their for every game....that to me spoils it!! Lets create a big atmosphere only for it to be disrupted for the big games? Na not for me!

.....as opposed to 'Let`s sit in the BBE where there`s no atmosphere......apart from the 2 minutes or so after a goal' :rolleyes:

The realistic aim is 19k, the hopeful target is 20k.

Ben why wait if its so good??

The Bburn End is the only place for me, its the recognised main home end too!

By whom? :huh:

• Backroom

Give it a rest cletus the constant blackburn end bashing act gets tiring.

It's good what's happening with th darwen end but some are happy where they are

Quietest home end in the league?

Do you go to away games?

Stretford End- silent apart from 'big' games

Kop- ditto

Holte End- x3

Everton- one song sung after a goal.

etc etc.

The Blackburn End for an all seater home end with a lot of long term seat holders is no worse than anywhere else, in fact the atmosphere is a lot better in there than most Premier League clubs 'end'.

Fair play to the 500 or so in the Darwen End corner that have a right good sing song for 90 mins but this constant bashing of some bloody passionate fans in the BE is getting tiresome.

Archived