Guest Kamy100

350 members have voted

1. 1. Current Status

• Already renewed ? existing ST holder
    • New ST Holder ? already purchased
    • Renewing prior to deadline
    • Renewing after deadline
    • Not renewing due to finances/ family/work
    • Not renewing because iv lost interest/ im off to the pub with Waggy in Rishton
    • Not possible due to distance
    • Not Sure Yet
    • Planning to Purchase

Here's a thought. Years ago many people used to watch BRFC one week and go to Preston, Burnley or Bolton the week BRFC were away. This not only swelled the coffers of all clubs but also fostered some much needed good will.

So.....

Why not offer consider the possibility of an 'enhanced ST' package whereby an extra payment of £50 on top for example would get the holder into a public section with unreserved seating of any other Lancashire Club for a category B match on the weekends when BRFC are away? Ditto for our neighbouring clubs. The money could be pooled and divided according to the results from electronic turnstiles. If unsuccessful the price could be dropped and if successful the price could be raised.

No team sells B matches out so it might at least put bums on seats.

Waits for flak........ :unsure:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a thought. Years ago many people used to watch BRFC one week and go to Preston, Burnley or Bolton the week BRFC were away. This not only swelled the coffers of all clubs but also fostered some much needed good will.

So.....

Why not offer consider the possibility of an 'enhanced ST' package whereby an extra payment of £50 on top for example would get the holder into a public section with unreserved seating of any other Lancashire Club for a category B match on the weekends when BRFC are away? Ditto for our neighbouring clubs. The money could be pooled and divided according to the results from electronic turnstiles. If unsuccessful the price could be dropped and if successful the price could be raised.

Do you really think that will ever work? Are you seriously suggesting that?

I wouldn't touch this with a barge-pole. It's a pre-cursor to the Lancaster United argument...

This is even more absurd than the Lancashire United arguement! Atleast then Lancashire as a whole would unite to support one team (Which, in itself is horrible), this man is trying to argue a case for watching rival football teams play football, not only while our own team is playing, but also trying to claim that its perfectly respectable and normal? Pfft, lynch him.

This is even more absurd than the Lancashire United arguement! Atleast then Lancashire as a whole would unite to support one team (Which, in itself is horrible), this man is trying to argue a case for watching rival football teams play football, not only while our own team is playing, but also trying to claim that its perfectly respectable and normal? Pfft, lynch him.

What Theno is saying is quite true though. Once upon a time before rivalries were not so bitter people did attend matches at Burnley one weekend and Rovers the next. Some even had season tickets for both! Hard to believe now I know! However season tickets used to be ridiculously cheap and nearly all matches were played on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm.

So.....

Not too bad an idea in principle Gordon,Bury had a game last season whereby if you turned up with a season ticket from another club you could watch the game for a fiver.

I used to take an old chap to Rovers and even though he was a Burnley fan,he said years ago many Rovers and Burnley fans used to watch each others games depending if their own team was at home or away.

I think i'd much rather go and watch Rovers away than visit t'Turd, Dumpdale etc :rolleyes: and if I can't make an away game SSN or Radio Lancs will do fine, thanks!

Maybe the reason people did that decades ago was because journeys to away grounds took a lot longer without all the motorways etc that we have now.

Not too bad an idea in principle Gordon,Bury had a game last season whereby if you turned up with a season ticket from another club you could watch the game for a fiver.

I used to take an old chap to Rovers and even though he was a Burnley fan,he said years ago many Rovers and Burnley fans used to watch each others games depending if their own team was at home or away.

Used to do that myself. I had a Burnley supporting mate. I never supported Burnley though, we used to have some great banter about the respective merits of Bryan Douglas and Jimmy McIlroy.

Anyone know when reamining seats can be booked?

My ST was in BBE and would really like to move a couple of rows back. Thought deadline had passed for renewal but on website I can still book the old seats but no option of any others?

cheers if anyone knows.

Apparently there is a waiting list so the ticket office will probably work through that over the next few days and if any seats remain they will appear on OneRovers in the next few days.

The deadline has passed but OneRovers is always a couple of days behind...If you do not renew your seat you may not get in the BBE at-all if the number of spare seats are taken up by the waiting list.

I'd contact them tomorrow and see what they can do.

Apparently there is a waiting list so the ticket office will probably work through that over the next few days and if any seats remain they will appear on OneRovers in the next few days.

The deadline has passed but OneRovers is always a couple of days behind...If you do not renew your seat you may not get in the BBE at-all if the number of spare seats are taken up by the waiting list.

I'd contact them tomorrow and see what they can do.

many thanks

Theno is correct in what he says, and it did indeed work fine. In the 1950's every single Saturday that Rovers were away and PNE at home (which was virtually every other Saturday) there were a large number of coaches run by Robinsons and Ribblesdale etc that departed from Ainsworth St car park at around 1-30 to 2pm and took many hundreds of Rovers fans to Deepdale. The attraction at the time was probably being the chance to watch Tom Finney in action, but that was by no means the only reason. At that time PNE were a successful 1st Div team and played very attactive football. I know because I was one who made the trip every other week, and could hardly wait for it to come around again.

Also as others have said the same applied to Burnley who were also a good 1st Div side at the time. I have to say though that I was never aware of any coaches going to Bolton at this time; not saying they didn't.....just not aware of that option and I dont remember ever seeing it being advertised on the chalk boards that stood outside the offices of the various coach firms.

Now that the renewal deadline has passed it would be interesting to know how sales have gone so far. Looks like a full BBE and Riverside next season with the waiting lists.

Still waiting for some info.

The club was hoping by the end of the deadline to hit 14k, anything more would be great! They can then work on the transfers & waiting lists.

Still waiting for some info.

The club was hoping by the end of the deadline to hit 14k, anything more would be great! They can then work on the transfers & waiting lists.

I would say that's a good figure, expecially with transfer's and the waiting lists still to be processed. finger's crossed.

I booked a season ticket in the Jack Walker central a few weeks ago only to receive a call a few days later to say that I had been sold a seat that was already booked. This after I had completed a direct debit form. (The first payment has already been taken from my bank.)

Anyway the nice lady said that as soon as the deadline had passed she would ring me and I would get first pick of the availible seats.

Today I rang the ticket office and was amazed to be told that it could take up to two weeks before they sorted out what was availible.

What goes on in the meantime re the sale of season tickets I have no idea. It appears to be a dead period when it will be difficult to sell any season tickets at all!

Looking at the onerovers site it looks like a third to a half of existing Darwen End season ticket holders have so far renewed ... which is probably what would be expected bearing in mind there is no advantage to renewing early in that end. Also appear to be a good few new season tickets sold in that end (judging by the 'selling pattern').

Looking at the onerovers site it looks like a third to a half of existing Darwen End season ticket holders have so far renewed ... which is probably what would be expected bearing in mind there is no advantage to renewing early in that end. Also appear to be a good few new season tickets sold in that end (judging by the 'selling pattern').

At a rough guess (i'm not counting bloody squares :lol: ) i'd say there are upto 1,000 sold so far in total with around half the existing ST holders yet to renew, as you say judging by the seats showing as available that wern't before the deadline.

Not bad so far, would be good to have that half stand full of ST holders. Whether or not that happens i'm sure there'll be an overall increase.

I booked a season ticket in the Jack Walker central a few weeks ago only to receive a call a few days later to say that I had been sold a seat that was already booked. This after I had completed a direct debit form. (The first payment has already been taken from my bank.)

Anyway the nice lady said that as soon as the deadline had passed she would ring me and I would get first pick of the availible seats.

Today I rang the ticket office and was amazed to be told that it could take up to two weeks before they sorted out what was availible.

What goes on in the meantime re the sale of season tickets I have no idea. It appears to be a dead period when it will be difficult to sell any season tickets at all!

Time for an apology. Nice lady rang me today and took me up into the stand to choose my new seat from what was availible. Nothing was too much trouble. Spent nearly an hour with me making sure everything was right.

Thank you nice lady.

Archived