Guest Kamy100

350 members have voted

1. 1. Current Status

• Already renewed ? existing ST holder
    • New ST Holder ? already purchased
    • Renewing prior to deadline
    • Renewing after deadline
    • Not renewing due to finances/ family/work
    • Not renewing because iv lost interest/ im off to the pub with Waggy in Rishton
    • Not possible due to distance
    • Not Sure Yet
    • Planning to Purchase

Surely if we are down on last season that is disappointing. Did they go on sale earlier or later this year?

Surely you can only say that once the final figures are released??? Unless you are part of the doom and gloom brigade of course.

What does it matter if we are a couple of hundred or a couple of thousand short of last season at this stage? We've never had and never will have a big fan base and we are working class town. ST sales fluctuate every season and Blackburn folk are very fickle when it comes to football. You may be disappointed but many of us will not be losing any sleep over it as I'm sure we'll be hitting the early 20k's for each home game.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

No doom and gloom here, I renewed as soon as I could but know of quite a few that aren't bothering this time for varying reasons.

All I'm saying is I'm sure the club would have liked to be at least on par with last year after a successful season therefore to not be is disappointing at this moment in time.

An update.....

ST Sales are not disappointing - we are currently around a couple of hundred down on the same stage of last season - but their is nothing to suggest their is any sort of sudden drop or anything....especially if people are not renewing their existing seat & are happy to just move to the sit anywhere stand, which their is no rush to buy for!

The Darwen End already has 3x more fans in their than it did at this stage last season (i.e. with about 5-6 weeks to go)....and considering its a sit anywhere policy - their could well be a late surge for more in their!

Also an update in the merchandise thread to follow...

Maybe that explains some of the empty seats in the BBE and Riverside. If we're only a couple of hundred down overall then that's not too bad I suppose.

Maybe that explains some of the empty seats in the BBE and Riverside. If we're only a couple of hundred down overall then that's not too bad I suppose.

You could argue that their will plenty of people floating over to the darwen end, if so, then their is no rush for them - so perhaps a late surge to get a full lower Darwen End?!

You could argue that their will plenty of people floating over to the darwen end, if so, then their is no rush for them - so perhaps a late surge to get a full lower Darwen End?!

That would be nice, but would actually settle for a full half section as that would still be a big improvment in numbers :tu:

i know a few who are not coming back despite having season tickets since the early 80's.

i know a few who are not coming back despite having season tickets since the early 80's.

I think that happens every season. The retention of season ticket holders over a long period of time seems nigh on impossible. The amount of people who 'used to have' a season ticket for different football clubs is remarkable. Father in law and sister in law both used to have Liverpool season tickets and neither do now.

And me Abbs. 2 guys who live further down my lane are not bothering and will pick and choose games. The other issue is the economy and with this ConDem Government folk will be holding back lucky for a job and a Rovers ST will come some way down the list.

Anyhow I have got mine and the rug is ready for the JE Ipper.

And me Abbs. 2 guys who live further down my lane are not bothering and will pick and choose games. The other issue is the economy and with this ConDem Government folk will be holding back lucky for a job and a Rovers ST will come some way down the list.

Anyhow I have got mine and the rug is ready for the JE Ipper.

I have said this before - not only are Rovers finances in doubt at the moment - the proposed ConLib cuts will hit hard into most local economies. Blackburn isn't exactly prosperous at the best of times - so there is bound to be some uncertainty about whether to buy a ST or not.

I know Blackpool have had a good response - but that is to be expected - even so they will have less ST holders than Rovers. Does anyone have any news on Wigan and Bolton - be interesting to hear how their ticket sales are holding up in these uncertain times.

P.S. Tell your mates it will be cheaper to buy a DE ticket - than pay for odd matches. Only 5 or 6 matches and the ticket has paid for itself :-)

P.S. Tell your mates it will be cheaper to buy a DE ticket - than pay for odd matches. Only 5 or 6 matches and the ticket has paid for itself :-)

Indeed. I have been telling people this, as I said earlier would be good to see that half near the Riverside full with ST holders... I mean £150.00 (less for YA's/Kids) even in these times is bloody good value plus there's a DD option.

Realistically if you’re a casual fan…..you tend to pick the big local teams or the big hitters in the league

United - £37 (Approx match day price)

Liverpool - £37

City - £37

Arsenal - £37

Chelsea - £37

= £185

So for an extra £24 you get an extra 14 games…(includes the likes of Spurs, Villa, Everton, Bolton)……..you get a guaranteed seat….…and you get priority for tickets for cup/ away games…..…it really is a no brainer!!!!

£209 is the equivalent of £11 per game

£209 is the equivalent of £4.23 per week (Inc interest) – or 1 less pint & half of lager in your local a week or around £22 a month

We are talking £209 to watch a team that has only lost 3 times in 27 games home games, Since Sam has been in charge!

Like I said all along - Pick the big 5 games (£37 each = £185), then throw in the Blackpool game at say £25......Thats a season ticket paid for!

• Backroom

I agree Hughesy, I may miss quite a few games due to playing football on saturdays (hopefully more games will be moved from Saturday 3pm for me) but even missing a few it works out good value to get a season ticket.

Always was a no brainer for me, but for others if they just aren't enjoying it then the price isn't an issue either way

ive been in the blackburn end for a lot of years in the same seat.yeasterday me and my family paid for our season tickets in the darwen end.im sure a lot will be doing same as me.by the time the season starts i would be shocked if numbers are down.if your changing your seats there is no push to pay for it.ps.someone will be lucky and get 3 very good seats in the blackburn end, :brfcsmilie::brfcsmilie:

Is it not likely that the club will at this stage only sell tickets to fill half of the DE lower? Commercially it doesn't make sense to sell more than half the tickets there whilst there are lots of spare seats elsewhere in the ground and therefore lose the chance to give half of the bottom tier to away fans on occasion?

If that's the case and it's true that there has been a big increase in DE sales any fan who is waiting until the last minute to buy DE STs could be disappointed.

im moving over to england (manchester) for the forthcoming season. some would say living the dream some would say being stupid but im committed nonetheless.

im liking the look of the darwen end, however is there a possiblity that i can apply for a half season ticket in case things do not work out in terms of full time work etc?

ive emailed the club and am awaiting a response but i was just wondering whether anyone else has grabbed a half season ticket previously and knows whether there is as much value in it as a full season ticket.

cheers

I havent renewed yet, and neither have none of my mates who all had season tickets last year. Most of us will be renewing, but probably wont renew until a week before the start of the season. Why do today what can be done tomorrow? I cant see the point in forking out a couple hundred quid over summer, given holidays etc, when there will be thousands of seats still available come the start of the season. I appreciate its a bit of lethargic attitude, but i guess others may be of the same mentality, and therefore it is perhaps too early to judge season ticket sales.

It's Ok so long as you don't want BRFC to sign any decent players on decent deals. If the club has to wait for ST sales to materialise when the season starts before it can rejuvinate the squad the bargains will have gone and we'll be stiffed over a barrell by every tin pot agent trying to offload dud players.

im moving over to england (manchester) for the forthcoming season. some would say living the dream some would say being stupid but im committed nonetheless.

im liking the look of the darwen end, however is there a possiblity that i can apply for a half season ticket in case things do not work out in terms of full time work etc?

ive emailed the club and am awaiting a response but i was just wondering whether anyone else has grabbed a half season ticket previously and knows whether there is as much value in it as a full season ticket.

cheers

Half ST's are only for the 2nd part of the season mate...just buy a full ST...aslong as your happy to graft & have some useful skills then their is always work in the UK.

Archived