Guest Kamy100

350 members have voted

1. 1. Current Status

• Already renewed ? existing ST holder
    • New ST Holder ? already purchased
    • Renewing prior to deadline
    • Renewing after deadline
    • Not renewing due to finances/ family/work
    • Not renewing because iv lost interest/ im off to the pub with Waggy in Rishton
    • Not possible due to distance
    • Not Sure Yet
    • Planning to Purchase

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got an update at last - Sales going well.

Looks like by the time the deadline reaches (unless their is a massive uptake in half ST's because of our new Indian owners) then it looks like we will be down a little bit, but not by thousands or anything like that...

Which considering the amount of lads/ lasses out of jobs isnt bad.

Being down on last season's numbers - given that 12 months ago we were coming off a season where we just avoided relegation, compared to this season where we managed 10th and had a cup semi - IS a disappointment.

The job situation isn't much different from last season - I think the fall probably has a lot more to do with the poor quality of football, and to a lesser extent the lack of transfer activity.

Anyway, I've got mine. I'm sure by Saturday at 3pm I'll be full of unfounded and misguided optimism, only to have it cruelly shattered over the following 90 mins. ;)

I got my two a few days ago. Definitely going to be hitting up that paint offer.

Here, this is my first season ticket. will somebody enlighten me on some etiquette.

In september i'm moving up to manchester and living with a mate, so when i got two season tickets, i automatically put one in her name, coz she's the most likely to come with me. However, what is the general etiquette on bringing someone else if the named person cannot make it? She's actually a sunderland fan, and although she's been to rovers games with me before, and cheers the lads on like a rovers fan, im sure you'll understand that she aint too keen to be going to watch blackburn every other week. Is it totally out of order to bring someone else instead?

Cheers

I got my two a few days ago. Definitely going to be hitting up that paint offer.

Here, this is my first season ticket. will somebody enlighten me on some etiquette.

In september i'm moving up to manchester and living with a mate, so when i got two season tickets, i automatically put one in her name, coz she's the most likely to come with me. However, what is the general etiquette on bringing someone else if the named person cannot make it? She's actually a sunderland fan, and although she's been to rovers games with me before, and cheers the lads on like a rovers fan, im sure you'll understand that she aint too keen to be going to watch blackburn every other week. Is it totally out of order to bring someone else instead?

Cheers

Bring who you like mate, I'm sure thousands of season tickets are swapped about as ST holders miss a game or two through whatever reason.

Being down on last season's numbers - given that 12 months ago we were coming off a season where we just avoided relegation, compared to this season where we managed 10th and had a cup semi - IS a disappointment.

The job situation isn't much different from last season - I think the fall probably has a lot more to do with the poor quality of football, and to a lesser extent the lack of transfer activity.

12 months ago we had BIG NEWS in the ST prices being bumped down....not the same Buzz this time.

Transfers probably do play a part for some im sure….and a very small minority ‘quality of football’.

If you don’t think the jobs front is any different then you must live in a cloud….ALOT of the local areas are employed by big organisations such as Schools, Local Government & NHS – all of which face massive uncertainties around their jobs, with quite a lot already aware they will be going/ gone.

I know personally of 6 ST holders who CANNOT renew due to losing employment in Local Government/ NHS…and it will only get worse for those areas from October. There are also LOADS of young lads who work in the trades whose work has really dried up over the last 9 months or so…

12 months ago we had BIG NEWS in the ST prices being bumped down....not the same Buzz this time.

Transfers probably do play a part for some im sure….and a very small minority ‘quality of football’.

If you don’t think the jobs front is any different then you must live in a cloud….ALOT of the local areas are employed by big organisations such as Schools, Local Government & NHS – all of which face massive uncertainties around their jobs, with quite a lot already aware they will be going/ gone.

I know personally of 6 ST holders who CANNOT renew due to losing employment in Local Government/ NHS…and it will only get worse for those areas from October. There are also LOADS of young lads who work in the trades whose work has really dried up over the last 9 months or so…

The quality (or lack of) is more of a factor than you think - I know of 3 people who got season tickets last season for the first time, and who aren't renewing this season. Stable jobs, good incomes - by their own admission they feel they've better things to do than watch Rovers given how they play to the moment. Not all fans are dyed-in-the-wool types, and these are the ones likely to be turned off by our very low entertainment style of play.

I think it's really poor that they have left it so late to send the tickets out. Post correctly addressed to me often gets delivered to another similar address a few miles away but the club aren't leaving much room for error. They haven't yet managed to send out away travel applications either. Maybe they just don't want my money.

Out of curiousity will the club only announce total sales, or will they do new sales and renewed sales?

They will probably give a breakdown at the Fans forum tonight (if it is tonight!?)

If not, il be able to get it from them.

Archived