Guest Kamy100

350 members have voted

1. 1. Current Status

• Already renewed ? existing ST holder
    • New ST Holder ? already purchased
    • Renewing prior to deadline
    • Renewing after deadline
    • Not renewing due to finances/ family/work
    • Not renewing because iv lost interest/ im off to the pub with Waggy in Rishton
    • Not possible due to distance
    • Not Sure Yet
    • Planning to Purchase

No they are renewing, I was trying to say there has been no chasing from the club despite them not having renewed yet.

I appreciate your situation is slightly different than most of the rest of us and I hope you get it sorted, but in the time it's taken to rant and rave on here you could have made a simple phone call to the fantastic ticket office staff and arranged machday tickets to be posted out or made available for collection.

As for the club not chasing your friends and family to renew, should that really be necessary? I mean, it has been well documented that tickets are on sale and the pricing structure is known to all so it's not that difficult is it? Also if I'd had problems in the past I'd get on the case at the earliest opportunity to ensure that the same issues didn't arise again.

God know's what this thread will be like next season if ST prices are not subsidised! We have by far the most fan friendly season ticket prices in the league so the least we can do is get in nice and early and give the club chance to organise ST's well before the season starts.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God know's what this thread will be like next season if ST prices are not subsidised!

I would rather be paying £100 more if it helped to avoid having to dodge bullets like Beattie and Benjani. Bigger crowds or bigger budget - them's the choices. Budget for me every time.

I would rather be paying £100 more if it helped to avoid having to dodge bullets like Beattie and Benjani. Bigger crowds or bigger budget - them's the choices. Budget for me every time.

Unfortunately raise the price by £100 and you will lose a sizeable chunk of ST holders, that would negate any revenue increases.

Unfortunately raise the price by £100 and you will lose a sizeable chunk of ST holders, that would negate any revenue increases.

Depends on the pull.

If we get taken over & the guy pumps in say £50m between now & end of next August then im sure a few more would join in the fun at ewood.

I can't fault Rovers for trying.

I've not had a ST for five years (living away mostly) bought a hand full of match tickets on line, maybe 4 a season.

I arrived back in the UK in May, I've had 3 mail shots, the last one two weeks ago, and 6 emails of one description or another.

Edit to above.

Found out this afternoon my trip will be later this year. :angry: Oh! well a visit to our new store this afternoon raised the gloom as I exited with ST paid for. :D

Will get to maybe 5-6 home games, then it will be redundant.

Edit to above.

Found out this afternoon my trip will be later this year. :angry: Oh! well a visit to our new store this afternoon raised the gloom as I exited with ST paid for. :D

What are you going to do with the season ticket for the rest of the time then?

Edit to above.

What are you going to do with the season ticket for the rest of the time then?

As I have nothing better to do tonight I took the liberty of counting the remaining empty season ticket seats for the DE on OneRovers. I counted 180 remaining!

Good sales this week if correct....What about the Blackburn End lower?!

Something needs doing about that upper tier in the bburn end - with it being a 'family stand' it just doesnt work.....maybe relocate them to the riverside? Or perhaps make it cheaper in the family stand for kids & mums or something??

I appreciate your situation is slightly different than most of the rest of us and I hope you get it sorted, but in the time it's taken to rant and rave on here you could have made a simple phone call to the fantastic ticket office staff and arranged machday tickets to be posted out or made available for collection.

I appreciate your views tend to be different from mine but could I ask you read the remarks I made and what I was responding to. I haven't ranted, or not in my opinion, and as we have all been reminded on a regular basis by Hughesy, the club did not begin sending out STs till 5th August. I was out of the UK until around 4.00pm on the 12th and did not get home till after the TO shut. Having resolved last year's issues I could not know there would be a different set of issues this season until the ST failed to arrive by the time I got home from holiday. It was the club's decision to delay mailing STs, not mine.

I have now been phoned by the person who "forgot to send out my ST" - that is the explanation - and had an apology. That's all fine and I happily accept people make mistakes. I still can't get an explanation as to why my renewal pack was nine weeks late, nor why the account is always incorrect with the online booking etc. I spent about half an hour doing this yesterday, I'll have to leave a good 45 minutes early today to pick up the ST etc.

BTW I fully agree the TO staff are great - years ago I used to get letters published in the LET saying this when all around where calling them.

As for the club not chasing your friends and family to renew, should that really be necessary? I mean, it has been well documented that tickets are on sale and the pricing structure is known to all so it's not that difficult is it? Also if I'd had problems in the past I'd get on the case at the earliest opportunity to ensure that the same issues didn't arise again.

I made this comment in response to another poster who stated the FF had been told all efforts where being made to contact non-renewers etc to demonstrate this may not be entirely accurate. I was not suggesting the club should be chasing them, merely pointing out it may not be happening in the way suggested to the FF. I did get a get call from Dunny around 4.30 yesterday, much to my amusement.

God know's what this thread will be like next season if ST prices are not subsidised! We have by far the most fan friendly season ticket prices in the league so the least we can do is get in nice and early and give the club chance to organise ST's well before the season starts.

My renewal pack was returned within 24 hours, that it arrived several weeks late is not my fault, that someone forgets to send out my ST is not my responsibility. The tickets I am discussing are specifically aimed at individuals who have a disability of some sort, surely these should be made the simplest tickets to acquire, not the more difficult?

Despite your view I am not complaining but putting forward a counter to the "everything in the garden is rosy" stance. I know it is not and I can point to several instances where Rovers have lost ticket sales because information of various types is very difficult to obtain. You may not consider this valid, I do. As a longterm ST holder, one who used to renew as early as possible to make sure the club had money it needed, I expect better. It leaves me very, very p1ssed off when this occurs, and irritated customers are not a good idea.

Was thinking the same thing. But the rug 'n flaskers will be up in arms if you make the Riverside into a family stand. \o/

NO THANKS - don't want it sounding like a swimming baths with screaming kids!

Did you just spend your Friday night counting the seats, too?

haha, no... it tells you how many are left in each area on the 'quick seats' page.

• Backroom

Just had a phone call from rovers, a load of the cards are faulty and won't work, mine is one of them got to go for a replacement.

Hope it's not chaos with loads not working and a massive queue to get a replacement

Something needs doing about that upper tier in the bburn end - with it being a 'family stand' it just doesnt work.....maybe relocate them to the riverside? Or perhaps make it cheaper in the family stand for kids & mums or something??

Yep--there aren't near enough fans who qualify to fill it. What about splitting it down the middle?

Just had a phone call from rovers, a load of the cards are faulty and won't work, mine is one of them got to go for a replacement.

Hope it's not chaos with loads not working and a massive queue to get a replacement

Now there's a surprise :lol::rolleyes:

I've got two, one of 'em must worktongue.gif

Nah. Time to bring my idea into force. Demolish the Riverside, in the rebuilt stand make a special disabled area with viewing platforms (and under cover!); with a suite especially for the disabled supporters and assistants, where if they wish they could view the match from there in the warm; large screen tvs and styled so that it could be used as a drop in centre for disabled folks during the week. This should not deter disabled supporters from sitting pitchside if they so wished. A similar set up could be for families, a nursery for younger children and accessible indoor areas where families could view the match if they wished. May be a bit far reaching for starters but at least some of the ideas should be optional.

didnt know where to put this but can anyone shed any light into why ewood park is glowing? a redish colour, keeps brightening and dimming

I drove past Ewood around midnight last night & saw the same thing. Everything was glowing red, purple, green ,blue.....so i investigated! :)

For some strange reason, the electronic advertising boards around the pitch were on. They create quite a bit of light when the ground is in darkness. Maybe there was a function on at Ewood & they put them on for a reason.

I gotta admit it looked pretty cool having Ewood lit up like that ;)

went to but an extra Brum away ticket at 9.45am this morning (match day) and the queue to buy (not collect) new season tickets was to the door.

At 9.45? Very good to hear.....get taken over in next 2 weeks & sign a top striker and it will add even more im sure

Nah. Time to bring my idea into force. Demolish the Riverside, in the rebuilt stand make a special disabled area with viewing platforms (and under cover!); with a suite especially for the disabled supporters and assistants, where if they wish they could view the match from there in the warm; large screen tvs and styled so that it could be used as a drop in centre for disabled folks during the week. This should not deter disabled supporters from sitting pitchside if they so wished. A similar set up could be for families, a nursery for younger children and accessible indoor areas where families could view the match if they wished. May be a bit far reaching for starters but at least some of the ideas should be optional.

My (more simple) idea would be to rebuild it with better disabled facilities... same capacity but with the roof the same height as the other 3 stands with boxes/lounges at the back (similar to what Preston have done). Would look fantastic.

Archived