Guest Kamy100

350 members have voted

1. 1. Current Status

• Already renewed ? existing ST holder
    • New ST Holder ? already purchased
    • Renewing prior to deadline
    • Renewing after deadline
    • Not renewing due to finances/ family/work
    • Not renewing because iv lost interest/ im off to the pub with Waggy in Rishton
    • Not possible due to distance
    • Not Sure Yet
    • Planning to Purchase

My (more simple) idea would be to rebuild it with better disabled facilities... same capacity but with the roof the same height as the other 3 stands with boxes/lounges at the back (similar to what Preston have done). Would look fantastic.

But we cant fill all the boxes/lounges we have now. Why build more?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But we cant fill all the boxes/lounges we have now. Why build more?

That would soon change with a bigger 'buzz' around & better player signings. If we started to progress up the table again then companies would want to get involved.

I wasn't anticipating the disabled/family areas taking up all the room! There would be plenty of room left. It would be nice to put a viewing platform in the Darwen End too, for away supporters. We have to suffer some pretty difficult viewing conditions still in many stadiums, let's show them how it should be done in the way that our present concourses are way ahead of anything that has been produced since.

UPDATE:

ST Sales are now only 600 behind the same stage as last season, rather than the 1000 that was mentioned at the Fans Forum....which is looking very promising.

Now have 1800 signed up in the Darwen End

As for Hospitality/ boxes - sales are like for like with last season which is very good news in todays financial climate.....United have around 9000 spaces, for their 1st game they only had 4000 in!

UPDATE:

ST Sales are now only 600 behind the same stage as last season, rather than the 1000 that was mentioned at the Fans Forum....which is looking very promising.

Now have 1800 signed up in the Darwen End

As for Hospitality/ boxes - sales are like for like with last season which is very good news in todays financial climate.....United have around 9000 spaces, for their 1st game they only had 4000 in!

Hughesy - is that 600 behind the figure this time last year or behind the final figure (before half ST sales)? The club usually sells some STs through to mid September and the estimate of being 1,000 short was their best guess at where we would be in mid September this year. It may well be though that a first day win and the excitement surrounding a possible sale has generated a bit more interest than looked likely at the beginning of last week.

Curious where did you get this info from, the official attendance was 75221. 736 unsold

Perhaps they dont count the corporate numbers in the 75k or whatever it is the stadium holds? The info is accurate...perhaps they were sold but not used, who knows?!

I notice the official gate for the Everton game was 25,569 (on MOTD at least) - have to say there didn't look to be 6,000 empty seats. Is there any reason why the club would underquote the gate?

There was loads of room in the Jack Walker upper and lower towards the Darwen End. I would guess quite a few have moved from up there to down with us lot.

Plus on those numbers, it is about 4400 less than a maximum really.

There was loads of room in the Jack Walker upper and lower towards the Darwen End. I would guess quite a few have moved from up there to down with us lot.

Plus on those numbers, it is about 4400 less than a maximum really.

There were also gaps in the riverside, lower BBE and Darwen End. Didnt look too full from TV but there were 21k Rovers fans in, so thats basically on a par from last year. Great to see. This takeover should get a few more through the door.

I notice the official gate for the Everton game was 25,569 (on MOTD at least) - have to say there didn't look to be 6,000 empty seats. Is there any reason why the club would underquote the gate?

We arrived at the ground at 3.01 pm to find the turnstile system was not working (Blackburn End) and we therefore couldn't get in. The stewards hadn't got it in them to make a decision. After a few minutes and with tempers rising, the large gates to our right were finally opened with our season tickets being put through a separate 'thingy.' Meanwhile, my mate who had been over to the left, was practicing the hurdles along with others who jumped the turnstiles and who would obviously not have been included in the official attendance.

Not sure how many others were affected. I must say I thought the attendance figure to be astonishingly low. On the bus after the game we all thought 27-28k looked about right. Yes, there were gaps here and there, but could an extra 5k or so have really squeezed in to the empty seats in the Bburn End, Riverside and JW? I don't think so.

There were also gaps in the riverside, lower BBE and Darwen End. Didnt look too full from TV but there were 21k Rovers fans in, so thats basically on a par from last year. Great to see. This takeover should get a few more through the door.

The gate was nearly some 2,000 down on last seasons fixture,it was surprising when the attendance was given,looked more like 27,000? :huh:

By christ,season ticket sales better bl00dy go through the roof if this takover happens and some!!

Turnstyle jumpers and those on holiday....add 10% to figures. Therefore OK.

Then add reports of Season Ticket sales this week. Very OK.

And if there is a takeover we should welcome the 'bandwagon' boys like long lost friends(and not like the mid-90s)

We renewed our season tickets from the Riverside to the Darwen End and on last weekends atmosphere were really glad we did. There weren't many seats left where we were sat, but they did give Everton fans a section of the lower tier Darwen end.

Turnstyle jumpers and those on holiday....add 10% to figures. Therefore OK.

You sound like a burnley fan trying to explain a poor gate, although they'd also add 5000 locked out.

Biggest and best supported club in the world! :P

Being on holiday is no excuse for not going with a season ticket!

First time we've missed opening home game ever, but made sure our season tickets got put to good use.

Cyprus blue and a Celtic fan took our place.

Archived