Guest Kamy100

350 members have voted

1. 1. Current Status

• Already renewed ? existing ST holder
    • New ST Holder ? already purchased
    • Renewing prior to deadline
    • Renewing after deadline
    • Not renewing due to finances/ family/work
    • Not renewing because iv lost interest/ im off to the pub with Waggy in Rishton
    • Not possible due to distance
    • Not Sure Yet
    • Planning to Purchase

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a proper Blue then!!

Don't be childish. Let's be honest, there are probably only about 10 - 12,000 'proper blues' then. The rest are casual fans, tempted by the prices, and in some case, put off by the lack of entertainment, or have other reasons for not renewing.

I've been going 28 years, and last season was bad enough for me to question whether or not to renew for the first time. If the quality of football is sowing seeds of doubt in my mind, it's not difficult to understand why someone who only got a season ticket last year might be put off.

In the end I did renew - it's an addiction, enjoy it or not. ;)

I would not normally expect to get a detailed breakdown of ST sales at this meeting. People will continue to buy STs for the rest of August at least so we won't be at the final figure anyway. I'm sure we will get a good feel for the overall numbers though.

Takeover is also on the agenda but again I would be amazed if we were given any significant information tonight. As soon as I can I'll post an update (don't wait up till 11 tonight for me though!).

Any update on ST's or the takeover O2G's?

My dad doesn't go these days, but he's a proper blue, and I’d wager he's forgot more games than you've been to.

Well if he`s your Dad i presume he is probably quite a few years older than me so that may well be a correct statement,

But if the reason he doesnt go to watch them these days because he`s not happy with the footy or he doesnt like Sam then he isnt a proper Blue either,

So it's a fault with Royal Mail and not the Rovers ticket office.

I would imagine the reason they don't send them out earlier is because they have to batch-send everything with the mailing house and it's in their best interests to hang on to the applications/tickets for as long as possible in case of any alterations requested by fans.

So will that explanation also apply to the away travel season tickets?

Well if he`s your Dad i presume he is probably quite a few years older than me so that may well be a correct statement,

But if the reason he doesnt go to watch them these days because he`s not happy with the footy or he doesnt like Sam then he isnt a proper Blue either,

:wacko::blink:smiley3756.gif

well my dads arrived yesterday (i sit next to him and live at the same address and they were booked at the same time on the same card), but mine still isn't here.

do i have reason to be worried?

i'm guessing not.

• Moderation Lead

I'm in the same boat mate and I rang yesterday- they said the last ones were being posted last night/this morning. If it's not there by the weekend they'll give you a one game ticket- mine didn't arrive in time for the first game last season, but I think (and hope) that's not going to be the case this year.

At any rate- nothing like forward planning :rolleyes:

I'm in the same boat mate and I rang yesterday- they said the last ones were being posted last night/this morning. If it's not there by the weekend they'll give you a one game ticket- mine didn't arrive in time for the first game last season, but I think (and hope) that's not going to be the case this year.

At any rate- nothing like forward planning :rolleyes:

nice one, cheers for that

Any update on ST's or the takeover O2G's?

Yes there is. Below is the minute from last night's meeting.

3. 2010/11 Season Tickets

GC gave the meeting an update on season ticket sales. The club was pretty pleased with sales to date, which were running just behind those from last season, which had been boosted by price reductions. It was particularly pleasing given the problems that other clubs were having.

Ticket sales usually continue into September each year. At that time last year the club had sold c18,500 season tickets. The club estimated that sales this year would be about 1,000 down on this figure although the gap could be smaller. Marketing efforts continued to those who had not yet renewed and those buying cash tickets for the Everton game would also be approached with an offer to refund the ticket price against a season ticket.

The Darwen End had proved particularly popular with 1,500 sold already and only c500 left. Research had been undertaken into why people were not renewing and the main reason had been cost given the uncertainty with the current economic situation.

The club expected that there would again be no sub 20,000 gates at home Premier league games this season.

As I think I've posted on here before the club's aim this year was to retain as much of the the increase they got last year as they could. Given the current economic situation and reports from other clubs, many of whom are greatly down, I think if we end up c1,000 less than last year it will be a respectable performance.

Also on Blackpool away tickets, the club have not had official confirmation of the allocation but they expect it to be c2,500. As such demand is likely to exceed supply so the allocations will be to season ticket holders with a set number of away games on the system from last season. This is because there will only be the Birmingham game this season before the Blackpool tickets go on sale and it would be unfair to do it on just that one game. Don't know yet how many games will be needed, but on the evidence of the Burnley game it won't be a huge number.

I've already posted on squad numbers. I will post a small update on the takeover on the relevant thread now.

O2G's.

Thanks very much for posting that. That's a pleasant surprise and must be a relief to the club.

The Darwen end has been a huge success.

Agreed.

Good idea offering money back on the Everton ticket if upgrading to a ST, £35 or £150/210 for the season would certainly make me think if I rolled up at the ticket office on Saturday.

To add to the ST sales - over 100 were done yesterday alone so hopefully that figure will be closer to 500 by the end of ST business.

Bear in mind that the club's estimate of being 1,000 short of last year is based on getting similar sales between now and the first game and also in the few weeks afterwards. I've no idea whether 100 sales in a day is typical, bad or good for this time of the year. I guess there may be more people leaving it until the last minute this year if they are planning to go in the Darwen end where seats don't matter but that's just a wild guess.

Archived