Guest Kamy100

350 members have voted

1. 1. Current Status

• Already renewed ? existing ST holder
    • New ST Holder ? already purchased
    • Renewing prior to deadline
    • Renewing after deadline
    • Not renewing due to finances/ family/work
    • Not renewing because iv lost interest/ im off to the pub with Waggy in Rishton
    • Not possible due to distance
    • Not Sure Yet
    • Planning to Purchase

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed.

Good idea offering money back on the Everton ticket if upgrading to a ST, £35 or £150/210 for the season would certainly make me think if I rolled up at the ticket office on Saturday.

I was just about to post the same thing, it is good to see the club being proactive and giving people a choice and with a good performance/result on Saturday :D it may just entice a few more fans to commit to a season ticket.

Bear in mind that the club's estimate of being 1,000 short of last year is based on getting similar sales between now and the first game and also in the few weeks afterwards. I've no idea whether 100 sales in a day is typical, bad or good for this time of the year. I guess there may be more people leaving it until the last minute this year if they are planning to go in the Darwen end where seats don't matter but that's just a wild guess.

Its a good days business - the news came through the normal channel, as if to say - very happy with that!

Hopefully we have similar days like that up till saturday. The hope is that it could be as little as 500 down like for like.

lol - nice hint to whomever Hughsey, really subtle! :D

Ha had to do it that way mate.

If we sell 100 a day from now till saturday then we will be about 1000 down on last seasons TOTAL....so perhaps less than 1k down by the end of sales.

Agreed.

Good idea offering money back on the Everton ticket if upgrading to a ST, £35 or £150/210 for the season would certainly make me think if I rolled up at the ticket office on Saturday.

Last season my gf`s son (sadly a man ure fan :( ) asked if he could come to the Sunderland game with us (around christmas time) so i went down Ewood to get him a ticket. The ticket office said the ticket was £17, but i could get a half season ticket for £25......so i got him the Half season ticket :tu: He now loves coming to the Rovers (he`s never been to Old Triffid) & this season he wanted a full season ticket.

Targeting these people does work. Not all the time, but i can work.

I also think the '3 game bundles' & similar promotions can work in the same way. Get them in, give them a taste, hopefully get them hooked & then offer them the real deal ;)

Cant see Villa being down 40% - that sounds like scare mongering to me. It would be incredible if true!

Dont know about anyone else but I cant wait for Saturday to come!! Going down the Bolton Road.....

Well it is a documented fact that there were over 120,000 applications for MUFC season tickets two years ago and 56,000 this year.

And the Championship gates were well down last Saturday even allowing for NUFC not being there.

Well it is a documented fact that there were over 120,000 applications for MUFC season tickets two years ago and 56,000 this year.

And the Championship gates were well down last Saturday even allowing for NUFC not being there.

21ST JULY - 50K MARK PASSED

Looks to me like Uniteds ST sales are holding up well compared to last season. 50k at the same point as last season.

The ticket office said the ticket was £17, but i could get a half season ticket for £25......so i got him the Half season ticket :tu: He now loves coming to the Rovers (he`s never been to Old Triffid) & this season he wanted a full season ticket.

Love it. :D

Again you missed the fact that for the first time ever, United STs have gone on open sale. There are 4,000 left over and the waiting list has totally disappeared.

They went on sale last season. Quite a few on here said they had received info either at work or home.

Either way Old Trafford won't b far off full for most games.

Mancs' disappeared 60,000 waiting list.

I sincerely hope there isn't a drop in PL attendance but I suspect the economic conditions are taking their toll.

Why not? Some of the price increases are an utter disgrace.

I read the other day that a ST in the Kop cost £50 twenty years ago, now costs around £700, what twisted form of inflation is that?!

Football fans (Rovers fans aside, obviously!) are sick of paying vast sums to pay crazy wages for mediocre 'stars'.

I read the other day that a ST in the Kop cost £50 twenty years ago, now costs around £700, what twisted form of inflation is that?!

I used to hear supporters saying that if admission prices went up to £1, they would never go again.

Cant see Villa being down 40% - that sounds like scare mongering to me. It would be incredible if true!

I was certainly surprised to hear 40% down quoted and I've no idea if it's correct or just a rumour. Certainly the feeling was that there is a general downturn in ST sales elsewhere and that we looked to be bucking the trend. The 4,000 tickets on open sale at OT was also mentioned. I think there were a few fringe games with empty seats at OT last season, so it will be interesting to see what sort of gates they get for Carling Cup or dead Champions League games.

Less than 400 ST's left in the Darwen End.....will be interesting to see how many of those 1600 have purchased a full ST to include relocation for the big teams.

Cant get on one-rovers, how are ticket sales are looking for the Everton game?

Great news about the Darwen End sales. The guys who took it upon themselves to really create a positive atmosphere should take enormous credit - especially as they took a bit of stick from some people on here last season.

Great news about the Darwen End sales. The guys who took it upon themselves to really create a positive atmosphere should take enormous credit - especially as they took a bit of stick from some people on here last season.

To be fair, I don't think they took stick for the Darwen End campaign per se, everyone is behind two ends of Roverites, it was just when the BBE V DE 'banter' started.

Archived