Guest Kamy100

350 members have voted

1. 1. Current Status

• Already renewed ? existing ST holder
    • New ST Holder ? already purchased
    • Renewing prior to deadline
    • Renewing after deadline
    • Not renewing due to finances/ family/work
    • Not renewing because iv lost interest/ im off to the pub with Waggy in Rishton
    • Not possible due to distance
    • Not Sure Yet
    • Planning to Purchase

If that's true, can't say I'm entirely surprised.

I can see both sides - prices are so ridiculously cheap there's no reason whatsoever for any reasonably committed fan not to renew simply out of blind loyalty.

However if you were making a purely objective purchasing decision based on the level of ambition currently being shown by the club, likely signings and prospects or lack thereof, and the level of entertainment on offer last season you probably wouldn't bother.

1) I found it entertaining- second half of the season was no different than the time of St Mark

2) Lack of ambition- Who's? Don't mistake lack of resources for lack of ambition- look at the wages we pay and the tightrope act we perform with budgets every season. You want 'lack of ambition'- try Burnley's approach.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The early part of last season was the worst football I’ve seen in many years, worse than Ince, worse than Kidd, regardless of the price of tickets, many people I know are not renewing because of the some of the football served up, but because they don't like the manager and his approach.

On the plus side I know a few that are buying for the first time, but in the main expect sales to be down, like both me and Waggy predicted earlier in the season, much to the annoyance of most :P

The early part of last season was the worst football I’ve seen in many years, worse than Ince, worse than Kidd, regardless of the price of tickets, many people I know are not renewing because of the some of the football served up, but because they don't like the manager and his approach.

I would agree with your assesment of the first half of the season - however the second half of the season was excellent - with an unbelievable run in. I think people should look at the reality - Sams football ain't always pretty - but more often than not it is exciting. His mantra is to play your football in the oppositions half and to play to your strengths - 2nd half of the season we became increasingly good at this.

:wacko: Seriously!??! :unsure:

Quality and entertainment wise, I agree with Gav - last season was bloody awful, particularly the first 6 months of it. It did improve slightly toward the end, but the results on paper told a much better story than sitting through the actual games. Anyone suggesting that they were properly entertained last season is either (1) very, very easily pleased; (2) wearing the highest possible tint of blue 'n' white specs; (3) delusional, or (4) all of the above.

Still, on the bright side at least I used my iPhone enough to justify it's purchase to the missus - and I'm now awesome at Angry Birds. ;)

Let's hope the takeover goes through, we get a pot of cash, we buy some creative players, and BFS allows them to at least try to play football next season ....

what people seem to forget the first 6 months of last season big sam was still building his team! and still kinda is now!

yes its frustrating when they dont play as well as you know they can! Yes it is hard to watch the ball be played long only for it to be lost and come back at us!

but personally the teams performance has no relevance to whether i purchase a season ticket

I travel 500 miles every weekend to watch them win draw or lose

this is the club I love to watch with passion!

However they play I will still love them and still follow them!

be it premier league football or div 2 football I will follow them!

Get Season ticket and get behind the lads!!

what people seem to forget the first 6 months of last season big sam was still building his team! and still kinda is now!

yes its frustrating when they don’t play as well as you know they can! Yes it is hard to watch the ball be played long only for it to be lost and come back at us!

but personally the teams performance has no relevance to whether i purchase a season ticket

Of course I agree with that.

A previous point says 'to enjoy last season you must have the strongest tint of blue n White specs'

That is exactly what I wear. I am entertained by the club doing well, 3 points, achieving a top half finish with zero to spend and beating the 'big' clubs.

The first half of the season was poor, if we'd had not improved I would see where the other posters were coming from, however the improvements were there for all to see and Sam is pushing through young talent!

If relegation occurs and the ST prices inevitably increase I dread to think on what crowds we would get. You don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Of course I agree with that.

A previous point says 'to enjoy last season you must have the strongest tint of blue n White specs'

That is exactly what I wear. I am entertained by the club doing well, 3 points, achieving a top half finish with zero to spend and beating the 'big' clubs.

The first half of the season was poor, if we'd had not improved I would see where the other posters were coming from, however the improvements were there for all to see and Sam is pushing through young talent!

If relegation occurs and the ST prices inevitably increase I dread to think on what crowds we would get. You don't know what you've got till it's gone.

I agree totally with your post - surely we should all view the world through blue and white tinted glasses or whats the point. May as well become Sky armchair fans and support Arsenal or United - at the end of the day we know they will entertain us virtually every match. Personally this isn't what I am after - I get my excitement from the ups and downs of supporting the club of the town I was born in - it may at times be depressing - but I will always prefer it to being a plastic fan following a big club like some form of ill-informed sheep.

Seems to be a bit of chicken and egg with the whole argument about the standard of play. IF we had more fans through the gate paying larger ST prices we MIGHT be able to afford the type of player that will bring us instant success and attractive football. Reality is we can't - people moan about the standard of football but still don't do the one thing that may change that and put their hands in their pockets and buy a ST rather than waiting for the next Jack Walker to come along and do eth job for them.

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be many '100% committed and passionate' fans around.

Just looked at OneRovers and I can't believe the number of empty seats in the BBE and Riverside... only odd seats remained for match sales last season. So much for the waiting list eh!

After last years good number of ST's sold, now was the time to build or at least retain the 19,500 fanbase. The club can't do anymore to encourage fans to buy. If sales are poor they need to find out why, and fast and if Sam is the reason behind it they need to make a decision. I'm personally happy with Sam in charge and think we're progressing, but I can understand the negativity towards the way he plays.

Just looked at OneRovers and I can't believe the number of empty seats in the BBE and Riverside... only odd seats remained for match sales last season. So much for the waiting list eh!

Slighty surprised I must say at the number available :o

BUT....you wanted dirt cheap season tickets folks....are many now not renewing because they cant see the likes of Guti etc?

More front than Blackpool promenade some of our lot.

yes its frustrating when they don’t play as well as you know they can! Yes it is hard to watch the ball be played long only for it to be lost and come back at us!

Good speech london-rover.

As for Sam still building his squad, he will be for the next couple of years. It's a long term thing especially at a club the size of ours. I think a lot of people out there want us to buy Rolls Royces and Bentlys for Fiat 500 money.

I think the point is that we ARE going in the right direction, 10th position WAS a success last season and we all saw how easy it could have been to get those extra few points to takes us that little bit further up the table.

I think people blaming Big Sam, no big name signings, uncertainty of the ownership of the club and quality of football are making lame excuses. If you are a true fan of the club get your season ticket and get behind the lads. Buying a season ticket, getting to the ground and spending you money down there all creates revenue for the club and makes it stronger.

Like you, I would still have a season ticket if we went down to League 2. I'd sign up for my seat for 10 or 20 years if there was a deal available.

I was on the phone to the ticket office yesterday regarding my Blues Bar renewal and the girl I spoke to said they had been overwhelmed with new season ticket applications, and when I was in the club shop on Saturday people were queuing up to pay for their new season tickets, thats new season ticket holders and not renewals.

Lets get the season tickets snapped up and create the twelfth man!!!

I've got my 2 - the point I was trying to make was it's not difficult to understand why the 4/5k casual fans tempted last season mainly on price, might be having second thoughts this time round.

I havent renewed yet, and neither have none of my mates who all had season tickets last year. Most of us will be renewing, but probably wont renew until a week before the start of the season. Why do today what can be done tomorrow? I cant see the point in forking out a couple hundred quid over summer, given holidays etc, when there will be thousands of seats still available come the start of the season. I appreciate its a bit of lethargic attitude, but i guess others may be of the same mentality, and therefore it is perhaps too early to judge season ticket sales.

I havent renewed yet, and neither have none of my mates who all had season tickets last year. Most of us will be renewing, but probably wont renew until a week before the start of the season. Why do today what can be done tomorrow? I cant see the point in forking out a couple hundred quid over summer, given holidays etc, when there will be thousands of seats still available come the start of the season. I appreciate its a bit of lethargic attitude, but i guess others may be of the same mentality, and therefore it is perhaps too early to judge season ticket sales.

That's fair enough, there is nothing wring with that. However it wouldn't work for some of us as we've had the same seats for years and don't want to lose them or get split up.

Hopefully there will be a mad rush towards deadline day.

Surely Hughesy cannot be wrong with all his reports of soaraway ST sales figures and waiting lists?

In all fairness there was a waiting list, however it can't have been more than a couple of hundred long, so if 400/500 from the sold out stands decide not to renew after the various deadlines and transfers, it does'nt equate to any increase.

Slighty surprised I must say at the number available :o

BUT....you wanted dirt cheap season tickets folks....are many now not renewing because they cant see the likes of Guti etc?

More front than Blackpool promenade some of our lot.

I am amazed at the number of spare seats still showing. Unless sales pick up - this has been a disappointing show by the Blackburn public.

However - we have to consider this against difficult economic times - with many people possibly worried for their jobs. The Tory slash and burn approach doesn't give you much security.

It will be interesting to see how ST ticket sales hold up in general across football.

If I'm being honest the fact that match days are an excuse to meet up with my mates and go for a drink (one of the few chances we get nowadays) means that renewing is a social no-brainer for me regardless of quality of football etc... The only way that would stop would be if we were ridiculously priced out.

If I went to games on my own I would still renew but should the prices go back to what they were 4 or 5 years ago I'd be reconsidering big time for the first time in 21 years.

An update.....

ST Sales are not disappointing - we are currently around a couple of hundred down on the same stage of last season - but their is nothing to suggest their is any sort of sudden drop or anything....especially if people are not renewing their existing seat & are happy to just move to the sit anywhere stand, which their is no rush to buy for!

The Darwen End already has 3x more fans in their than it did at this stage last season (i.e. with about 5-6 weeks to go)....and considering its a sit anywhere policy - their could well be a late surge for more in their!

Also an update in the merchandise thread to follow...

Archived