BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirts 2010/2011

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crown decide on how they want thier sponsor on our shirts - same for next season im afraid!

2010/2011 is the last season with (the current deal with) Crown, right?

Seriously hoping we (can afford to) get shot of them - and take their stain of a logo with them.

Lets not forget that Crown pay us a very good sponsorship deal - plenty more than others offered.....also they are a local brand who employ local people.

I dont mind their name on our shirts, just dont like the big black banner they insist on!!

Yesah, that black panel looks awful. Unfortunately it's their corporate logo, and if they're paying for corporate recognition, there's no way it would be anything other than their logo.

Shame the shirt couldn't have a blue cutaway a la 94/95 and maybe a thin red border round the logo.

Kind of where I'm coming from tbh, Hughsey.

If they had a decent logo which complimented the shirt then I wouldn't be as bothered.

Shame a team which are about the 11th best in the Country, playing in a league which is so popular worldwide can't attract a better brand / image and at a better investment.

I don't think we market ourselves as a brand well enough - by any stretch. Particularly given that we have such a unique and instantly recognisable shirt / club colours / logo.

At the risk of sounding like Vinjay, we do seem to market ourselves quite parochially!

Jeez, I almost typed "Think Big" then. I'm going for a lie down.

Jisty - I think I kind of agree - however I would say we seem to be getting much smarter in that aspect over the last few years - the club shop has been a big success, last seasons kits sold very well etc - perhaps the friendlies in another country like US or Australia will help market us further.

I still believe we should make both our kits halved and kind of claim the halved kit as a trademark of our fine club, the blue n white is already widely recognised as ours!!

It's always a major struggle to get a sponsor.

Why ?

Sponsorship for your team when it plays in the biggest league in the world, doesnt add up Bryan. What you say :unsure: especially when your team is only one of four teams to ever have won it, and your shirt colours are distinctive from the rest of your competitors.

Just dont see there being a problem whatsover in getting sponsorship, unless the club dont have the personnel capable of getting that multi million pound sponsorship deal.

Lets not forget that Crown pay us a very good sponsorship deal - plenty more than others offered.....also they are a local brand who employ local people.

I dont mind their name on our shirts, just dont like the big black banner they insist on!!

Why can't the logo be in red as the Perspex logo used to be?

Do we really?

It was Mr Grooby on here who said we struggle. Perhaps he meant we struggle to get decent offers. he certainly takes us long enough to get a sponsor, and we don't seem to keep hold of them for long.

Perhaps struggle more to get big offers, so obviously the club will take aslong as possible to get the best price & deal.

Why can't the logo be in red as the Perspex logo used to be?

Crown's choice

Sponsorship for your team when it plays in the biggest league in the world, doesnt add up Bryan. What you say :unsure: especially when your team is only one of four teams to ever have won it, and your shirt colours are distinctive from the rest of your competitors.

Just dont see there being a problem whatsover in getting sponsorship, unless the club dont have the personnel capable of getting that multi million pound sponsorship deal.

Lets just put 1 or 2 things into perspective here.

Some premier league clubs received less than £250k for the season this year for thier sponsor, we recieve over £1m per season. Does that make our personnel good??

Villa & West Brom havent had a sponsor for the last 2 seasons - getting diddly squat for that!

& for next season - Spurs, Villa, Fulham & Sunderland are yet to announce any new sponsorship deals.

As for short term - Crown signed up for 3 years

Does anyone know what next years third kit is going to be?

Or even if we are going to have one?

Not been confirmed - but I cannot see us having one.

2 completely opposite coloured kits usually means there is no need. We have had the navy for 2 years too so that will go for sure!

Whoever thought that, given we have a blue and white halved home kit, that having a mainly-white second kit, and a blue third kit was a good idea must need his head looking at.

But they all sold very well and didn't cause any confusion on the pitch. I can't see what the big deal is.

The club can't please everybody but all three shirts are out of date after the Villa away game in 2 weeks time and people are complaining about a perfectly reasonable choice of kit that did exactly the job it was designed for. :wacko:

Our first kit was plain and simlpy blue and white, we can't ask for more than that. Our 2nd and 3rd choices were based on OUR colours of blue and white, they are the colours of Blackburn Rovers and were utilised in a way that they could all be worn in Premier League fixtures.

Archived