BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirts 2010/2011

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand that Crown, want their logo the way they want it. However, why on earth do they insist on that stupid black box? I bought my baby last seasons kit, and its just shocking how big the box is. The new away kit, is very nice which looks neat and clean. Less is more, so the detail comes out quite nice. Maybe we should have gone, with a red shorts, with black trimming. Close to 1000 rand for a shirt, means i wont be able to afford it. :(

How come no one has mentioned the fact that in the picture it looks like Dunn and Kalinic have just been caught about to do something they probably shouldn't.

Probably thinking "Darn, the photographer has turned up earlier than expected, I didn't have time to have that shave ..."

They do look extremely suspicious. If they were trying to look sexy it didn't work!

Probably thinking "Darn, the photographer has turned up earlier than expected, I didn't have time to have that shave ..."

They do look extremely suspicious. If they were trying to look sexy it didn't work!

I was insinuating that Dunns' back was turned for a reason.

but I tend to alternate each season so if the new home one is nice I will just get that I imagine

not the big horrible black box, if they keep that they will struggle to make it really nice no matter what.

I can understand why crown want it like that though

I can tell you then that you will probably best to buy the away shirt ;)

I think people need to see the kit up close rather than criticise it from the photos. The fabric used on the new Umbro kits (England and Man City) looks like cotton and feels great. My England goalkeepers top looks really classy and I expect this will look excellent in real life.

What I can't get my head around is that people are saying this is virtually the same as the Lonsdale HSA shirt despite the fact that it had black sleeves or the Kappa AMD shirt which it is very similiar to and Umbro are just being lazy by copying an old design. They then go on to say we should have a Black and Red halved shirt which we had 2 seasons ago but that wouldn't be classed as being lazy and copying an old design.

So it's the EXACT same kit? Well done, Umbro boffin's. Well done indeed.

What do you mean the same there's no white piping on the new one and a black stripe down the sleeves and ummmmmmmmmmm .....................

yeah that's it, but I still like it, hadn't got the other one so will probably get this!

I think people need to see the kit up close rather than criticise it from the photos. The fabric used on the new Umbro kits (England and Man City) looks like cotton and feels great. My England goalkeepers top looks really classy and I expect this will look excellent in real life.

Agreed. Is this shirt made from that same material?

What I can't get my head around is that people are saying this is virtually the same as the Lonsdale HSA shirt despite the fact that it had black sleeves or the Kappa AMD shirt which it is very similiar to and Umbro are just being lazy by copying an old design. They then go on to say we should have a Black and Red halved shirt which we had 2 seasons ago but that wouldn't be classed as being lazy and copying an old design.

Maybe that's what Umbro have done, missed the point entirely. People are asking for a halved shirt, not a red and black halved shirt. As long as the colours aren't blue and/or white (how did we end up having a navy away kit and a white away kit again?!) and aren't hideous (like pink and green halves) it'd be a hit.

As I said, if the team is so concerned about marketing, how good a tool would being the team that plays in halved shirts be? We'd be instantly recognisable (we already are at home).

What do you mean the same there's no white piping on the new one and a black stripe down the sleeves and ummmmmmmmmmm .....................

yeah that's it, but I still like it, hadn't got the other one so will probably get this!

I was saving my money for this kit. Looks like I'll be getting the Warriors away kit instead.

As I said, if the team is so concerned about marketing, how good a tool would being the team that plays in halved shirts be? We'd be instantly recognisable (we already are at home).

Not that good?

Of course we're instantly recognisable at home but if we keep switching halved colours we wouldnt necessarily be instantly recognisable away from home are there are other teams which have played with halved shirts too (eg Fulham).

Won't be buying it either... the halved kit a couple of years ago was a success and if the colours and style varied every season then it wouldn't be ''commercial suicide''

Away kits since the halves have been awful and this Manc one is no different.

Agreed. Is this shirt made from that same material?

If it's the 'tailored in England' stuff then it will be. It will be a very classy kit if so and to criticise it on the basis of it being 'uninspiring' or a copy of the AMD Kappa it or a Man U kit or not being as good as a halved kit are wide of the mark. I expect that in the flesh it will look very special indeed, and if the home kit is done in the same way it will be amazing - potential to be the best kit ever.

For one season, the club should draft, say, three different away kits and allow an online/phone vote (bit of extra revenue). I can't see the harm in that.

Unless the vote took place very early on we wouldn't end up getting a release date until late on. It would also be of no benefit to Umbro as it would reveal their new templates for the forthcoming season and allow people to make fakes of our kits and other Umbro sponsored teams kits before the real shirts are released.

Archived