BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirts 2010/2011

I'll be briefly serious to avoid any further confusion as per earlier. That's utter nonsense though isn't it? Why would it be? Just vary the colours each year. After all doesn't the home shirt sell well every season and that varies very little from year to year obviously. I don't buy the "commercial suicide" line at all.

That's your problem bob, very deep pockets.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit underwelmed by the new kit

Pros

- Sponsor logo is not in a black box anymore

- Its a step in the right direction towards the hallowed black/red halves

Cons

- Bit boring, but I guess 'minimal' is the Umbro style at the minute

- It looks too 'man utd'with the large red bits

Is there a new home kit coming out?

I know people are within their rights, free world and all that.

I just dont know what people expect sometimes. We have been told 2 halved kits would be commercial suicide & fans made it clear they didnt want white or blue as the away kit....Its an improvement on this seasons dont you think?

No.

You said yourself that this seasons sold extreamly well. I just don't see this one selling as many.

I'll be briefly serious to avoid any further confusion as per earlier. That's utter nonsense though isn't it? Why would it be? Just vary the colours each year. After all doesn't the home shirt sell well every season and that varies very little from year to year obviously. I don't buy the "commercial suicide" line at all.

Exactly, it's ######. No-one's asking for a red and black halved kit away every season. Just alternate the colours and it'll sell. Hell the 'training top' away kit last year was a best seller - and I've seen lots of the navy blue shirts about too (do these guys realise our home colours are blue and white?!).

Much, much, much better! :rover:;)

Didn't this years "disaster" sell pretty well? So much so that they ran out of most sizes?

How well it sold does not change how big a piece of garbage it was. There are many examples of this in life, like most products available at your local Walmart.

Who wears the trousers in the house?

Or who wears the strap-on.

• Backroom

I know people are within their rights, free world and all that.

I just dont know what people expect sometimes. We have been told 2 halved kits would be commercial suicide & fans made it clear they didnt want white or blue as the away kit....Its an improvement on this seasons dont you think?

I think it probably is an improvement and will look really nice in the flesh but I tend to alternate each season so if the new home one is nice I will just get that I imagine

I like it. Yeah, it does look like a United shirt, but there's a nice simplicity to it which works. The colour combination and the ratio of red to black works well. The Crown sponsor sits really well on the red too. It will be interesting to see what the home shirt looks like.

Much, much, much better! :rover:;)

How well it sold does not change how big a piece of garbage it was. There are many examples of this in life, like most products available at your local Walmart.

Or who wears the strap-on.

Well it does to be fair. It shows that the consumers liked the colourway/style, hense; the shirt selling well.

or are you on about the material/fabric used?

• Backroom

I think if the home shirt uses a similar simple style it could look class if the crown is in red and not the big horrible black box, if they keep that they will struggle to make it really nice no matter what.

I can understand why crown want it like that though

Well it does to be fair. It shows that the consumers liked the colourway/style, hense; the shirt selling well.

You missed the whole point of my remark's reference to Walmart, which is where the piece of garbage deserved to be sold with all the tatty Nascar gear.

or are you on about the material/fabric used?

No! The design!

You missed the whole point of my remark's reference to Walmart, which is where the piece of garbage deserved to be sold with all the tatty Nascar gear.

No! The design!

Take it you didn't like it then?

Being wary from before, I don't know whether you're on a wind up or you're just simply a bit p#ssed :rock:

Don't see anything wrong with this kit. Clean and nice design. The stripe on the sleeves are a nice detail without standing out to much.

This is probably the second best thing we could get. First choice would be red and black half's. I guess we have to wait some years more for that one. Next away kit after this one are probably going to be white or yellow.

Archived