BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirts 2010/2011

Also if we went with Nike we end up getting a deal which gives us a design that's a few years old and the closest thing they can find to a halved shirt. It would probably also be plain on the back as with Fulham's away shirt last season.

Love the new away kit though. After seeing the larger picture it appears it will be the same material as the England shirts which is much more comfortable to wear and also much better quality then anything we've had before.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no need for that. You want to calm it down a bit unlucky.

As for the new shirt. It's average. It would be better if it had been made by Nike. Why Rovers can't have Nike I'll never know, I appreciate that Nike actually own Umbro but the kit is still made by Umbro, rather than Nike. Didn't Accy Stanley have a Nike kit, made by Nike rather than Umbro, relatively recently?

It's a massive own goal by the club if you ask me, a Nike kit would tick all the right shirts for so many more people, particularly overseas, like Asia and that, where we might sell a few more shirts and socks, become a global brand and open up training camps run by Tugay and Nicky Marker. Before you knew it we'd have some American investors who would invest £700 million pounds in themselves.

So for me it's got to be Umbro out and Nike in, with a new sponsor like an on line gambling betting company or something and a collar, and halves. Halves would be a massive gamble of course and we may not sell any at all, a bit like the home shirt. But with the Nike logo I reckon we'd be in the Champions League and challenging the likes of Barca in a little under 3 years.

:D :D

They're still seperate companies tho. Just both are owned by Nike.

Our contract will still be with Umbro as the deal was signed before Nike bought the Umbro brand.

It's a bit like when Ford owned Jaguar.

You mean my Jag is really a Mondeo?

Why can't Umbro do the away kit and Nike do the home kit if they are the same company? We could have the old Barca halved kit but in blue and white.

Red shirts away from home... that's what I want to see! :)

There's a rumour that could happen next season.

They're still seperate companies tho. Just both are owned by Nike.

Our contract will still be with Umbro as the deal was signed before Nike bought the Umbro brand.

It's a bit like when Ford owned Jaguar.

.........and I thought you were daft when you were saying you would give Morten Gamst Pedersen a payrise.

Taken the bait...

Shiiiiit, stitched up like a Kipper

thinking about it, I should of realised with the " I reckon we'd be in the Champions League and challenging the likes of Barca in a little under 3 years." bit haha.

As for the new shirt. It's average. It would be better if it had been made by Nike. Why Rovers can't have Nike I'll never know, I appreciate that Nike actually own Umbro but the kit is still made by Umbro, rather than Nike. Didn't Accy Stanley have a Nike kit, made by Nike rather than Umbro, relatively recently?

It's a massive own goal by the club if you ask me, a Nike kit would tick all the right shirts for so many more people, particularly overseas, like Asia and that, where we might sell a few more shirts and socks, become a global brand and open up training camps run by Tugay and Nicky Marker. Before you knew it we'd have some American investors who would invest £700 million pounds in themselves.

So for me it's got to be Umbro out and Nike in, with a new sponsor like an on line gambling betting company or something and a collar, and halves. Halves would be a massive gamble of course and we may not sell any at all, a bit like the home shirt. But with the Nike logo I reckon we'd be in the Champions League and challenging the likes of Barca in a little under 3 years.

I think that's the funniest thing on here this year. Back on from Bob.

Looks a bit boring if you ask me, but by God, it's better than that dopey white kit we've got at the moment.

This.

I would have preferred something a little more distinctive, but it's a step in the right direction.

Another classic Bob! :tu:

It is a shame that some on here don't get your humour, but that makes it even funnier!

Another classic Bob! :tu:

It is a shame that some on here don't get your humour, but that makes it even funnier!

In my defence; there is a lot of people on here that would say the sort of stuff that Bob put and mean every word.

Just thought he was one of them :P

• Backroom

Probably 90% of this board wanted Red & Black - now they have it....stop the moaning

As for the Manc kit - isnt it a different red?

come off it if people don't like or aren't impressed with the kit their well within their rights to say so

It's a little underwhelming but it's ok, I think it will look better in the flesh

come off it if people don't like or aren't impressed with the kit their well within their rights to say so

It's a little underwhelming but it's ok, I think it will look better in the flesh

I know people are within their rights, free world and all that.

I just dont know what people expect sometimes. We have been told 2 halved kits would be commercial suicide & fans made it clear they didnt want white or blue as the away kit....Its an improvement on this seasons dont you think?

We have been told 2 halved kits would be commercial suicide

I'll be briefly serious to avoid any further confusion as per earlier. That's utter nonsense though isn't it? Why would it be? Just vary the colours each year. After all doesn't the home shirt sell well every season and that varies very little from year to year obviously. I don't buy the "commercial suicide" line at all.

I like it and will be getting a long sleeved one just like I'll be getting the new England away kit and have the England home goalkeeper kit which is excellent. I can't for the life of me understand why people bang on and on about wanting a Nike kit? What does it matter? Some years their kits look good and other years they look bobbins..

Archived