BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirts 2010/2011

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are we getting a new home strip next year - I'm sure the one we have is only a year old? Is there not still a rule in place that clubs can only change the home variant once every two years???

As a parent of 2 kids who will want a new one I can't say I'm too struck at this development - I only bought the last one at Christmas. Also assuming Crown Paints don't renew there will be a new sponsor next year and therefore, in effect, another new kit.

Why are we getting a new home strip next year - I'm sure the one we have is only a year old? Is there not still a rule in place that clubs can only change the home variant once every two years???

As a parent of 2 kids who will want a new one I can't say I'm too struck at this development - I only bought the last one at Christmas. Also assuming Crown Paints don't renew there will be a new sponsor next year and therefore, in effect, another new kit.

There was a time when we didn't have new home and away shirts every season but it's been a while now. Commercial reality means that there will be new ones every year.

Sunderland have, there going to have Tombola as a shirt sponsor for the next 2 seasons.

Correct - The 'massive, sleeping giant' that is Sunderland, will be receiving far less than £1m a season from them.....so just how do we manage to earn over £1m a season, despite being a small, unfashionable club!? :rolleyes:

Correct - The 'massive, sleeping giant' that is Sunderland, will be receiving far less than £1m a season from them.....so just how do we manage to earn over £1m a season, despite being a small, unfashionable club!? :rolleyes:

That will be down to the excellent Commercial/Marketing dept we have at Ewood. :tu:

How anybody can complain about Crown Paints, a local well established business with an internationally recognised product, after the monstrosity that was BET24 is beyond me! :wacko:

You still haven't quantified how you know this and therefore I don't believe a word you say until you prove it. I can't imagine any company paying rovers 20k per week(probably more if you take the close season as a non-earner for Crown) for having their name on our shirt. Sounds far fetched to me.... :rover:

But they all sold very well and didn't cause any confusion on the pitch. I can't see what the big deal is.

The club can't please everybody but all three shirts are out of date after the Villa away game in 2 weeks time and people are complaining about a perfectly reasonable choice of kit that did exactly the job it was designed for. :wacko:

Our first kit was plain and simlpy blue and white, we can't ask for more than that. Our 2nd and 3rd choices were based on OUR colours of blue and white, they are the colours of Blackburn Rovers and were utilised in a way that they could all be worn in Premier League fixtures.

Is that what matters then? Flogging units?

There's no need for any club to have three different shirts. The away shirt should be picked so that if the home shirt clashes for away games, then the away shirt is played in. So, no, a white away shirt didn't do the job it was designed for.

The away kit used to be known as the "change strip", what's the point in changing from blue and white to white? Totally daft.

Just seems another way to fleece the fans. I guess the third kit will disappearing now though, eh?

The reason some teams have a 3rd kit is due to this rule that is in the Premier league handbook.

Players of the Visiting Club may wear its away Strip when playing in League Matches provided

that they shall not do so on more than 8 occasions in any Season, including those occasions,

if any, when required to do so by virtue of the foregoing provisions of Rule F.21. For the

avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Rule shall limit the number of occasions a Club may be

required to change its Strip pursuant to Rule F.21.

If we had only had the one away kit this season we would have needed to wear it 9 times. There again we wore our away kit 11 times in the 2007/08 season. Crazy rules.

You still haven't quantified how you know this and therefore I don't believe a word you say until you prove it. I can't imagine any company paying rovers 20k per week(probably more if you take the close season as a non-earner for Crown) for having their name on our shirt. Sounds far fetched to me.... :rover:

I cant tell you how exactly - as that would lose me information! But I can tell you for certain that we receive over £1m a season from them.

These 3 stories back up that....

£4-5m over 3 years

Up to £5m over 3 years

Forbes helped us get the deal

From the last article - shame they didnt allow us the sponsor logo like that...

crown_for_website3.jpg

BEFORE ANYONE ASKS - NO its not next seasons home kit!!! It was mock up when we signed the new sponsorship deal.

Archived