BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolverhampton Wanderers Away

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha. Most people on here are screaming for 4-4-2 and for Basturk to get some action. What more do some people want eh???

I wasn't being ironic. I meant "well done, big sam" as in... well done, big sam.

Substituting Kalinic and Roberts was NOT though. Outrageous.

Tactics spot on ? You are wrong fellow member.

Must win game ? You are wrong, we were already safe we were looking to progress upwards, a win would have been nice of course but it wasnt MUST win.

4-5-1 works ? Yes it does when you are playing a quality football team. It doesnt when you play a scrappy team such as Wolves.

To concede so much ground like we did today is unforgivable. SA got it so horribly wrong. As soon as the pressure was freleived up front by removing a striker Wolves regrouped and came forward with impetus.

Todays result, like already mentioned has cost the club some £2m and that is the difference of getting a decent midfielder or being stuck with that moron Andrews.

Questions have to be asked and he has to come out and say he got it wrong.

The only consolation is seeing Hull sent down along with the enemy following tomorrow. To see jubilation at wham makes Rovers loss of 2 points virtually unpalatable, the dog is having a feast tonight.

Liverpool is occupying the final European spot, 16 points and goal difference ahead of us. You're taking the p*ss a bit with that comment there.

Ok then Sunderland away lost then 2-2 at home , Stoke 0-0 at home, Liverpool at home 0-0 they were their for the taking as they were going through a bad patch.

Hull away 0-0 a team that is going down , Wigan away a bit more positive and we could and should have got something from.

West Ham a team that deserves to go down 0-0 .

Liverpool away how many chances did we miss ? Pompey away again another 0-0 last last week at home against Everton, and finally today against a poor Wolves side.

I could add a few more results am I really taking the p*** pal ?

Sam will blame it on the players I'm sure, he should shoulder the blame tonight but it won't be his fault.

I'm not a Sam hater but tonight he should accept responsibility for his part today. He has done well with us this year and I was happy with 13th at start of the season but disappointing that we could have got higher but give it away with results like this.

We struck the post a couple of times, but this was by far a convincing performance. Sam has to take the flak for dropping the ball here and he may well regret it come next season's transfer window. We started the game with a new formation, and lo' and behold we had numbers going forward and crosses into the box. 1-0 at H/T, Sam decided to do what he often does when we're in the ascendancy, take the foot off the gas and sacrificed Kalinic for....A-An....I can't even say his name! So now we - arguably - had an extra man in midfield, but we didn't do anything with the ball besides the routine 'GO LONG'. We were clearly trying to squeeze out a 1-0 win, but this naturally allowed Wolves back into the game and they duly scored. No more than we deserved for giving them the incentive.

Oh, and bye bye Pedersen! You won't be missed.

Spot on. Sam's ingrained negativity cost us two points, we should have stuck with two up top as it was just a matter of time before we got the second. Looking at the table, the fact that we're unlikely to pick up more than 1 point from our last two games, and that Fulham and Stoke have 2 games in hand, I think 13th place is on the cards.

Disappointing - I really think Sam's reluctance to take chances has probably cost us in the region of 10 points this season which would have seen us comfortably in ninth. Hopefully the starting line-up today is a taste of what he has planned for next season, but I can't help feeling he'll just revert to type and we'll be watching Andrews and Pedersen launching 80 yard hoofs at Niko .... :unsure:

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce: "We are all very disappointed not to have clinched a big three points to finish as high as we can up the table and I think our finishing is to blame for that again. It has been a frailty of ours away from home all season and we haven't got the second goal to kill them off today."

:rolleyes:

Ok then Sunderland away lost then 2-2 at home , Stoke 0-0 at home, Liverpool at home 0-0 they were their for the taking as they were going through a bad patch.

Hull away 0-0 a team that is going down , Wigan away a bit more positive and we could and should have got something from.

Liverpool away how many chances did we miss ? Pompey away again another 0-0 last last week at home against Everton, and finally today against a poor Wolves side.

I don't want to get in the way but we have to accept that we won't win all games that we should. We can all say IF this and IF that etc etc but we know we won't win all games with the team we have!

Frankly yes, you are taking the ######. You can't analyse games like that.

For all those ones where we had enough chances to win but didn't, there will also be games that we've won or drawn where we didn't deserve to. If you're going to say 'well we should have won these' then you have to say 'but we should have lost these'. It would probably balance out.

Also, every team in the league will have a list of games where they think they could have won. It doesn't just apply to us.

Sam must be clueless if he thinks taking off Kalinic and Roberts and bringing on Andrews and Di Santo will win us the game!!

In fairness they both combined for Andrews effort which hit the post and nearly won us the game.

Questions have to be asked and he has to come out and say he got it wrong.

He won't though. That's the problem with Sam - he's never wrong. No doubt he'll come out and blame our forwards again.

You know, I sometimes get the impression that he makes ludicrous decisions just on the off chance that they work out so that he can gloat in front of the press.

Either way, he screwed up again today and anyone who denies that is either a fool or delusional.

Even if Sam needed to put on an extra midfielder - WHY Andrews? You've got Hoilett, who would provide pace on the counter-attack, or you've got a chance for Linganzi to show what he's made of. But instead you choose 'water boy' Andrews. Sam has a downright evil sense of humour.

Frankly yes, you are taking the ######. You can't analyse games like that.

For all those ones where we had enough chances to win but didn't, there will also be games that we've won or drawn where we didn't deserve to. If you're going to say 'well we should have won these' then you have to say 'but we should have lost these'. It would probably balance out.

Also, every team in the league will have a list of games where they think they could have won. It doesn't just apply to us.

Can you remember any games this season where we were lucky to get a result ? If we had played 4-4-2 in the games against the lesser teams who knows things could have been differant.

He won't though. That's the problem with Sam - he's never wrong. No doubt he'll come out and blame our forwards again.

You know, I sometimes get the impression that he makes ludicrous decisions just on the off chance that they work out so that he can gloat in front of the press.

Either way, he screwed up again today and anyone who denies that is either a fool or delusional.

It's never HIS fault is it? Have to say one thing though - he might not be a brilliant manager, but he's been a lucky one. I fear for us if that ever runs out.

What did Sam do wrong? And, more importantly what would you have done differently?? You can give me any formation/system you like with this squad of players and i will pick as many holes in it as you can pick in Sam's team today.

Are you complaining about starting 442? Then changing to 451 which actually led to us having more chances at goal?

Basturk getting a chance? Dunn replacing him?

Bringing Andrews on who then almost won us the game?

Sam cannot literally kick the ball into the net, that is the job of the players.

What does it take before some people accuse the players instead of the manager??

We didnt lose simply due to 'negativity' we lost because numerous players missed numerous chances, chances which should have been taken.

Sam's system/tactics/subs have every right to be criticised as much as anything else HOWEVER in this game we had the chances to win the game which the players didnt take.

Sam can be blamed for other results but for me, today, the players should be taking more flak for missing a hat full of opportunities.

Even if Sam needed to put on an extra midfielder - WHY Andrews? You've got Hoilett, who would provide pace on the counter-attack, or you've got a chance for Linganzi to show what he's made of. But instead you choose 'water boy' Andrews. Sam has a downright evil sense of humour.

We really need to find a new home for Andrews - for his sanity and our own. All he does is trundle around like a fairy and point. He can't pass, tackle, shoot, run, mark, kick... What the hell does Sam see in him?

What did Sam do wrong? And, more importantly what would you have done differently?? You can give me any formation/system you like with this squad of players and i will pick as many holes in it as you can pick in Sam's team today.

Are you complaining about starting 442? Then changing to 451 which actually led to us having more chances at goal?

Basturk getting a chance? Dunn replacing him?

Bringing Andrews on who then almost won us the game?

Sam cannot literally kick the ball into the net, that is the job of the players.

What does it take before some people accuse the players instead of the manager??

We didnt lose simply due to 'negativity' we lost because numerous players missed numerous chances, chances which should have been taken.

Sam's system/tactics/subs have every right to be criticised as much as anything else HOWEVER in this game we had the chances to win the game which the players didnt take.

Sam can be blamed for other results but for me, today, the players should be taking more flak for missing a hat full of opportunities.

Are you challenging Hughesy for Chairman of the Samettes Fan Club? Because obviously he can do absolutely no wrong in your eyes. ;)

And we don't need to accuse the players, because it's nailed on BFS will.

Archived