BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

It was meant as a funny JBN. :tu:

Would anyone trust Sam to spend a hefty sum wisely?

Difficult to say. He spent a fair wedge at Newcastle and did that very poorly but i'd back his judgement given how well he's done for us.

IF we get taken over and the new board give Sam funds it will just be a little depressing to think what Hughes could have done with it 4 or 5 years ago when we were looking to move up a level.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be nice if we could get behind our manager, who I think has done a fantastic job to date, rather than wonder what our previous managers (who left us for greener pastures) might have done in a similar situation, as it serves no real purpose.

People have to realise that even if we do get a new owner - we will have to progress in stages and we won't be in the Market for Torres anytime soon.

Sam is the man to take us to the edge of the top 6, whether he can take us any further... Who knows!!

What a poor article. Pointless even uploading it to the world wide web. The writer has just created a synopsis of various web links and constructed that dribble. Am I bothered if he is unknown outside of Mumbai? No! Which I must note is the capital city of India with a population in excess of 15 million. I am pretty sure rich Asians would say Trevor Hemmings who? Someone estimated to be worth in excess of £900m. I think this just shows how far the LET are away from the club.

On a different note, why is our Chairman on a plane to South Africa (if stan did in fact get it correct)

What a poor article. Pointless even uploading it to the world wide web. The writer has just created a synopsis of various web links and constructed that dribble. Am I bothered if he is unknown outside of Mumbai? No! Which I must note is the capital city of India with a population in excess of 15 million. I am pretty sure rich Asians would say Trevor Hemmings who? Someone estimated to be worth in excess of £900m. I think this just shows how far the LET are away from the club.

On a different note, why is our Chairman on a plane to South Africa (if stan did in fact get it correct)

to sort out some deals, with the star players we are going to get!!!!!!!

It would be nice if we could get behind our manager, who I think has done a fantastic job to date, rather than wonder what our previous managers (who left us for greener pastures) might have done in a similar situation, as it serves no real purpose.

I did say I'd back his judgement due to the job that he's done here. He's done unbelievably well given our restraints. I'm behind him.

Of course we should be excited by the future under Sam, although IMO there's no harm in pointing out that we missed the boat by not backing Hughes when we were at our peak under him.

Anyway, if we do get the investment then Sam's certainly earnt that here by proving his worth.

I did say I'd back his judgement due to the job that he's done here. He's done unbelievably well given our restraints. I'm behind him.

Of course we should be excited by the future under Sam, although IMO there's no harm in pointing out that we missed the boat by not backing Hughes when we were at our peak under him.

Anyway, if we do get the investment then Sam's certainly earnt that here by proving his worth.

I think your point is much better made and more clear here. Agree entirely.

People have to realise that even if we do get a new owner - we will have to progress in stages and we won't be in the Market for Torres anytime soon.

Sam is the man to take us to the edge of the top 6, whether he can take us any further... Who knows!!

I agree. The three main components, which are just as important as an investor, are stability within the management structure and patience & support from us fans.

would be really positive in getting kevin constant, was a key player for his club in league 2, a number 10 player, still young,avalible for free and wouldn't take much in wages. could be a cheap option for a attacking midfielder

I don't think League 2 players are the future. Re: Keith Andrews.

Andy Cryer said JW is in Blackburn. Stan the Man got it wrong :P

I agree. The three main components, which are just as important as an investor, are stability within the management structure and patience & support from us fans.

I don't think League 2 players are the future. Re: Keith Andrews.

Steven Nzonzi got relegated from Ligue 2 but still ended up our player of the season (and yes, I do realise he said league 2 not ligue 2)

Hahaha, Mphela is no Roberts. He can score goals, and is quick around the pitch. Tshabalala is a very good player, and im sure will sign for an overseas club. Pity we didnt have a look at him yet.

Hahaha, Mphela is no Roberts. He can score goals, and is quick around the pitch. Tshabalala is a very good player, and im sure will sign for an overseas club. Pity we didnt have a look at him yet.

What´s with the laugh? I said that IMO he doesn´t look any better than Roberts. I´m pretty confident Roberts could match his 37 goals in 110 apps in the South African league as well if he had played there the last 4 years.

Archived