BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

It wasn't long ago that many of us wanted Tuncay to usurp Tugay as our resident Turkish maestro. Despite his lapse at Stoke, I reckon he could do a good job, playing across the front line and taking the pressure off Dunn.

Not sure i agree with that. IMO he is so inconsistent, one minute he looks top class the next he looks completely average. I'd rather look elsewhere.

I don't believe Guti is the answer and Sam has an ulterior motive for wanting him. Yes, he's a different class, but he's also 33 and comes with a Galatico wage packet. Our wage bill is already squeezing every penny out of the club, we can't afford to take another risk like we did with Salgado - because apparently it all adds up. That money would be better spent on trying to recruit cheaper players with a point to prove.

I agree with this. It seems to me that when Sam gets alerted of a big name, veteran past his best superstar player (on a free contract or low fee) he wants him and doesn't consider the finances available. We had to accommodate Salgado when our wage budget was maxed out and ultimately as a result we had to sell Warnock. Wonder who we might have to sell to bring in another veteran past their best? Pointless wasting our time on him when you consider our finances.

On Emerton i would be sad to see him go, he has been a fine servant to the club and he gives his all every game. I personally would like to give him one final season to see if he can recover from what was a serious injury, giving him a run in central midfield is what I would do, but Sam doesn’t seem keen to give him a go there.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the exception of Robinson, aren't the bulk of the remainder in their last year or two of contract? Salgado, Roberts, Jacobsen and Chimbonda (and I think Diouf, by memory) all have only a year, and I think Nelsen has two years. Even doing nothing the Rovers will be a dramatically different, and likely much younger, squad at the conclusion of next season.

Five players all out of contract next summer, nice headache for JW and Sam then.

I hope the youth players progress at a rapid pace this season, their going to be needed. ;)

If we are not going to get Guti, who I think would be a great signing, then O'Hara would be my choice, an all action box to box player, can play wide as well as central and some fire in his belly too, good on the ball and can shoot.

If we are not going to get Guti, who I think would be a great signing, then O'Hara would be my choice, an all action box to box player, can play wide as well as central and some fire in his belly too, good on the ball and can shoot.

I'll post the IOU tonight for the 5m cheers,

Signed.

JW.

BRFC.

:lol:

Five players all out of contract next summer, nice headache for JW and Sam then.

I hope the youth players progress at a rapid pace this season, their going to be needed. ;)

5?? Try 8!!

Jacobsen, Chimbonda, Diouf, Salgado, Brown, Roberts, Emerton, Zurab all have 12 months left....

so perhaps something we need to consider as all are getting on, so would we rather lose them for free in 12 months or sell now!?!!?

Would it be too crazy to say I want us to go for Joe Cole? I know Tottenham qualified for the Champions League and would offer better wages, but still...

Who would cost more in wages, Cole or guti?

Who would cost more in wages, Cole or guti?

Cole - approx 100k a week....with a tasty signing on fee as he's still young...and would probably want at least 3 years

Guti - approx 70k a week...would probably want a 2 year deal

Cole is a complete none starter!!

5?? Try 8!!

Jacobsen, Chimbonda, Diouf, Salgado, Brown, Roberts, Emerton, Zurab all have 12 months left....

so perhaps something we need to consider as all are getting on, so would we rather lose them for free in 12 months or sell now!?!!?

None of them are going to command much of a fee are they?

Do you spend all day on this site Hughesy? Or do you actually have a job?

If any of the 8 are retained then none will be on increased wages.

My order of preference for keeping is as follows:

Salgado - might stay on in a playing/coaching/ambassador role. I like having him at the club (although not on his current wages).

Emerton - only if his form picks up this season. Make or break.

Jacobsen - may be retained if Salgado goes and he's got a chance to be #1, but if we can cover for him then it's no loss.

Chimbonda - same as Jacobsen (although less of a loss at left back).

Diouf - hopefully gone, replaced permanently by Hoilett.

Roberts - hopefully gone

Brown - could be retained again as the #2 until Fielding is ready, ideally he'll leave though as he'll probably want a wage increase.

Zurab - if he doesn't go this summer then hopefully we can loan him out again next season so the wages don't hurt us

If I remember correctly he's wasting council tax payers money.

If I remember correctly he's wasting council tax payers money.

You mean he's not actually JW's P.A.? Dang it! I could have sworn he was. Oh well (sigh) .....that's another one I got wrong.

Cole - approx 100k a week....with a tasty signing on fee as he's still young...and would probably want at least 3 years

Guti - approx 70k a week...would probably want a 2 year deal

Cole is a complete none starter!!

Cole would be great but he'll end up at Utd. Watch this space...

A small fee is surely better than no fee though!?!

Yes I do thanks - i also have an iphone with the new app for this site you? Surely 23 posts in a 24 hour period isnt too much?!

Apologies if this has already been mentioned another one off the wage bill.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_6198810,00.html

Must have inserted a sell-on clause!?

Yes I do thanks - i also have an iphone with the new app for this site you? Surely 23 posts in a 24 hour period isnt too much?!

If you sent that many texts to someone in that timeframe, you'd be a stalker!! :P

A small fee is surely better than no fee though!?!

Must have inserted a sell-on clause!?

What app Hughesy ? I've searched on the app store can't find anything .

Archived