BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brett is a solid performer though, and in games against the "bigger" sides when you need a solid midfield we cant rely on Diouf and Hoilett.

If Brett goes aswell as Grella we look very lightweight in midfield, Nzonzi, Dunn, Andrews,Guti(possibly), MGP arent exactly tough!

Hope we can tie up a couple deals this summer as i dont think we could go in to the season without streghtening certain areas.

The World Cup comes as a pleasent distraction though............ :lol:

It depends what the hopes are pinned to Linganzi. He could be a key player next year. Does make you wonder where we would be if NZonzi got injured.

I read the Emerton story in the Sydney Daily Telegraph this morning. Seems like a load of nonsense to me. This cooment is probably the strangest in the article -

"The English Premiership outfit has offered the wide man to Galatasaray in the deal which has his Rovers teammate and fellow Socceroo Vince Grella close to joining the Turkish giant."

And this -

"Emerton, who joined Rovers in July 2003 for a $500,000 from Feyenoord in the Netherlands, has made 259 appearances for the club for 15 goals."

1 - Why would we offer Emerton as part of the Grella deal?? 2 Ozzies for the price of one at the moment is it?? If reports are true they have offered 2 million for Grella, and it would appear we have accepted this. Why would we suddenyl through Emerton into the mix??

2 - If memory serves me rightly Emerton didn't cost $500,000, which is around £285,000. Pretty sure is was around the £3million mark.

I personaly think we need to keep Brett, good utility player, can play right back/wing, and also holding midfield role if required, plus has bags of experience. Just been a bit unlucky with injuries recently.

Nicko can you confirm if there is any truth behind the Tuncay story? I hope not, dont really rate him at all.

I susprect Benjani to be confirmed as our first signing any time soon, again as I have said, any many people have, I don't mind this, so long as he isnt the only striker we bring in. I personally believe we will have around £4/5million to spend on a striker, if not why would we have gone in for the Pole who is going to be around £4million, if we only have £2.5million to spend.

Hypothetical question - would the new contract for MGP be justifiable if it ensures Marcus Pedersen signing?

As gumboots said earlier, Morten's new contract is justifiable because the Manager wanted him what further justification does anyone want? :angry:

I was opposed to re-signing MGP. On the other hand, Sam does know a heck of a lot more about the game than I do (or anyone else posting on this board, unless SAF or similar person is posting here anonymously). So Roversmum is right. Let's keep the faith and see what happens.

Though if MGP could bring a quality player or two in, then it would at least remove the sting. :P

Sam's transfer kitty is only 2.5 million (which I don't believe) so he's prepared to sell fringe players (which I do believe). http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/8206807.Blackburn_Rovers_set_for_striker_waiting_game/

Still linked with Benjani (sigh). http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Bolton-and-Blackburn-keen-on-Manchester-City-rejects-Martin-Petrov-and-Benjani-article453209.html

But Tuncay is a possibility at 4 million (a better deal than Lewandowski?). http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Blackburn-to-bid-4million-for-Stoke-flop-Tuncay-article453283.html

And Tribal is picking up the Emerton story but I couldn't be bothered to link it as its appears to be blatant rip off from the Austrialian.

The worry about Bert is he really doesn't look like he has come back from his injury. If he has lost that amazing fitness, he has lost his game at PL level.

I am desperately hoping both Bert and Grella have an excellent three games in South Africa but suspect neither of them will last long enough out there.

We have 5 million (including wages) to spend on players BEFORE selling Grella.

This is what I am thinking as well. It's quite clear the sale of Grella is to fund Guti's wages, and then 4 or 5 million to bring in a striker. I think the Pole is BFS first choice at the moment, but that one could take a while to sort out. As always Bl;ackburn doing things the sensible way, and living within our means, one of the many reasons his is such a great club to support, and why we havent gone the way of Pomey or Leeds. Maybe time people remember this, when moaning because Wolves are spending 7million on a striker, and Stoke are linked with spending 11million.

Tuncay would be an excellent signing.

Hardworking, team ethic, gets the fans going, never say die attitude.

Hasnt been played by Stoke and thats why he has lost his way a little. But he is at his peak and if we really want him, I am sure Tugay could put in a good word.

Worth every penny at 4 million. Id even say Id take him over Guti.

I think if we are playing the 4-3-3 like we currently are then him and Olsson would play on the sides of the central striker.

He could also play as an attacking midfielder, or even a second striker.

He used to be a striker in his earlier days and at Fener, and with Turkey, before Boro turned him into more of a midfielder, or winger.

So wide right of a three, we have Hoillet and Diouf who can play there at present. Bert also can play right wing.

I do not see the need to sign a hole player since we have Dunn, we just need to keep him fit. A young back-up maybe, but Tuncay is not that.

I'd rather have Guti than Tuncay, we play a similiar game to Stoke and he's just not fitted into their system so I don't see him really adapting well to ours. Smacks of lazy Journalisum as I don't A:) see where he fits into the positions we need & B) surely at 4 million plus wages would take every penny we have even with grella's sale.

We could get Guti for less than his fee and he plays central midfield an area we do need.

I doubt that, Strømsgodset have a cup game tomorrow against Lyn in Oslo and Pedersen is in that squad.

And they also had a training session today before the game.

Lars Stubhaug, Adam Larsen Kwarasey, Lars Sætra, Krister Aunan, Alexander Aas, Joel Riddez, Komlan Amewou, Øyvind Storflor, Ola Kamara, Jim Johansen, Mads Ryghseter, Marcus Pedersen, André Hanssen, Muhamed Keita, Lars Christopher Vilsvik, Alfred Sankoh.

It was Friday 4th June that i had my meal next to them. I am pretty sure it was him. No bother if it was not.

So wide right of a three, we have Hoillet and Diouf who can play there at present. Bert also can play right wing.

Emerton and Diouf aren't really good enough now though. I think Tuncay would be brilliant in a wide striker role, it's one he plays quite a lot.

Tuncay can play left side too, we do need someone (other than Pedersen who is probably more a central player now) to challenge Olsson.

£4 million is far too much though. Half that and I'd be delighted.

Salgado Samba Nelsen Givet

................ N'Zonzi

............ Dunn ... Guti

... Tuncay ............... Olsson

................. Kalinic

Champions League here we come!

Emerton and Diouf aren't really good enough now though. I think Tuncay would be brilliant in a wide striker role, it's one he plays quite a lot.

Tuncay can play left side too, we do need someone (other than Pedersen who is probably more a central player now) to challenge Olsson.

................ N'Zonzi

It does look quite good on parer but Dunn is an awful long way from goal. ;)

I would love us to play 3-3 regularly, IMO Chelsea have it off to a tee and I often find myself comparing our players and players we are linked with playing in this way, I'm never comfortable with it.

From attack to defence with the players you list I would be worried about the lack of pace when attacks break down.

We know Dunn is not at his best over distance, is Guti any better?, I really don't know, do they both have the engine for what I think are very demanding roles physically?.

The system works well when you have good attacking FB's, I'm not sure ours are in the same mould.Salgado maybe, just, for now.

Wide right in a 4-3-3 or in the hole of a 3-5-1-1

Hughesy, your a good bloke but do you read every post before commenting?

We do need strenghting on the right flank but whilst we still have Diouf and Emerton and Hoillet we most certainly do not need a 4th one. Olsson is doing very well so we don't need a left sided first choice, a back-up maybe but not at 4 million plus silly wages.

................ N'Zonzi

Whilst they are perhaps not good enough we still have them on our books so need to use them. We can't afford to have yet another position with 3+ players competing for it with our meagre funds. Also I see you've added in Guti to that team where did we find the money for him, after signing Tuncay?

4 million at least 40K a week, given we're stalling on Guti till we get Grella out the door, I'm of the opinion we cannot afford it.

I'm with Den on this one, not what we need.

I wouldn't want Tuncay now. He's got certain qualities, but he isn't what we need at this moment. Did nothing at Stoke either, so no thanks.

To be fair though Den, there is no worse club to go to than Stoke if you are a talented player who likes the ball on the floor. They made the fewest passes of any Premier League club last season and simply by-passed midfield.

I think 4M is too much though.

Archived