BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

John Williams has a lot to answer for in more ways than one.

I agree, but I also think the manager must take the rap as well. Of course, if anyone so much as questions those two on this board they're tarred and feathered. Allardyce made Pedersen one of his summer "priorities", which means the club bent over backwards to keep him at the club. Is he really worth £40-50k p/week? That money could have been invested into a new midfielder. Pedersen is not an indispensable member of our team by any stretch of the imagination. Olsson has usurped him on the left, and he's no great shakes in the middle. If Sam has kept him for his repetitive free-kicks and long throws... well that's just pathetic. The situation with the other players you mentioned is proof enough that we're paying well over the odds for mediocrity. I dread to think what Chimbonda's on either, since he's usually off like a shot.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wonder why you are being so massively negative, neither of us know exactly where we are in regards to money etc. If that player is all we can get then so be it. You don't have to ridicule the current players and be so pessimistic. You are being like antihughsey.

I do ramble don't I? :lol:

On the Mame Diouf thread I stated how pleased I was on his arrival to Ewood but this one Benjani isnt anywhere near the standard of what we need just like Beattie, hes not even close, just read Nicko's sentiments on the subject of Benjani hes wondering what the hell Allardyce is playing at and so am I.

Did he stay fit throughout last season?

You're basing this on our style of play relying on a top quality striker who can bang in the goals. At the moment we don't rely on that (God help us if we did!). We rely on set-pieces.

Therefore, is it a real crisis that we only have three senior strikers at the club?

We'd all love to be seeing two top strikers up front but we're in no worse situation squad-wise than we were last Summer. Which is more than can be said for the previous two Summers. In fact you could argue we are better off. Hmmm. Things are on the up even when we have no money to spend!

Just remember Dunny had two massive incentives last season, one was to secure a new contract, the other was playing Burnley at spreadout intervals.

Those two huge incentives have gone this season, so we will see what Dunny produces obviously I'll have to err on the side of the sceptic.

Really? Shame, I'd have orgasmed if we could've shifted Chimbo and brought in Onuoha instead.

I'm interested to see what people would be happy with at this stage?

The Diouf signing cushioned my frustration but I am still hoping we get a decent striker eg. Guiza, pentecost(sp?)Gudjohnson

not Benjani, Beattie etc. I havent added Moa to that because i dont know enough about him to be honest.

So in a nutshell...Happy with Diouf, aslong as a striker comes in aswell.

Gutted if Diouf is followed by Benjani. But wouldnt mind a Midfielder with a bit of "class".

I'm interested to see what people would be happy with at this stage?

The Diouf signing cushioned my frustration but I am still hoping we get a decent striker eg. Guiza, pentecost(sp?)Gudjohnson

not Benjani, Beattie etc. I havent added Moa to that because i dont know enough about him to be honest.

So in a nutshell...Happy with Diouf, aslong as a striker comes in aswell.

Gutted if Diouf is followed by Benjani. But wouldnt mind a Midfielder with a bit of "class".

My thoughts exactly Hi Mack!

Anymore on Pentecote or Guiza?(Also i didnt see Jo in the 23 man squad for Citys Europa qualifiers...)

Pentecote has a big weekend ahead of him. If he plays it is a good chance for people to see him.

Guiza is as expensive as he was yesterday...and the day before.

Jo is clearly available. His handlers are working overtime on that just now. Still on a pretty long list of potential candidates I would suggest.

Leading to more confusion another holding MF player. :wacko: Penny for his thoughts, Sam that is.

Rovers are on the look-out for a midfielder of that type. Ignore the denials about Reo-Coker. That was live on Friday and Saturday last week.

Rovers are on the look-out for a midfielder of that type. Ignore the denials about Reo-Coker. That was live on Friday and Saturday last week.

Well it seems we want a defensive midfielder, back-up striker and first choice striker. And time is quickly passing, and we have no money. The worst thing is there is no sign of any exits.

Its getting ridiculous how we pass through targets daily. I hope Guizas fee goes down as the window starts to close but i doubt it. At least we have Cryers Mr X....

To be fair, that's what happens. There will be a lengthy list of options. Some fall for you, others don't.

Look at Stoke. Remy one minute, Cole the next and then they get Jones.

The big difference is that Stoke have miney to spend, Rovers don't. So you have to go through your own lesser list.

And I thought Mister X was now off because Rovers had moved on...

Archived