BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

I do not think it is Roberts who wants out, but Rovers who need him out to get some funds in.

I'm not interested in whether he wants out, or we want him out. For a professional Premier League club to be three days away from the first league game and be in this position is shameful.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sensible ones amongst us won't be happy, but we'll accept that although it's a poor signing it's not costing us very much and won't change a great deal.

It will change the situation as it will take up a salary and a position for at least twelve months or longer with absolutely no return. Some seeem to think niavely that there will be a return but theres absolutely no chance you only have to look at the stats to see that.

Coming off the back of Englands world cup performance and our nations limitations regarding the lack of top quality English footballers anyone remotely interested in signing an African dud like Benjani incenses me greatly. Is it any wonder thats hes touting himself for just 13k a week to sit on his arse.

If you think its a poor signing then stand up and say it more strongly.

But Alan - You have said numerous times this summer that this years transfer window have been horrible to do deals in.

I guess its not only Rovers who are messing about.

I had quite a bit of sympathy because of the difficult nature of the market.

But the stagnation that existed during this 'potential takeover' period was a mistake.

And now you are in a position where the season is about to start and have only brought in a midfielder who has never proved himself in the top flight, a striker who has no experience and another striker who nobody else at this level wants and is currently training with you...

Most clubs have had below average windows. But that is downright poor.

You were in a position to strike early. The manager wanted a striker signed BEFORE the World Cup. There was Lewandowski who was held up by an ash cloud, Dindane who came and went and came and went again, Piquionne and then blah blah from there.

There is going to be a huge onus put on some of your talented kids, who could be big assets in time. But you need more to continue progress.

Felipe Ceicado is signing for west ham on loan with a view of 2.5 million pounds perm move

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3089967/West-Ham-win-Scott-Parker-war.html

that is a good deal. we should be in there as well, as not only is it a loan deal, but if the amount is correct, then that will be a bargain.

We been exicted all summer that who we been linked with. But now we with end up with Benjani and Beattie. Might aswell just face facts that we will end up with B and B. Not really what the fans were hoping for this Summer. Let's hope the takeover does happen and we could sign better quality players.

:mellow::angry:

How on earth have you worked that one out?

Benjani will be third choice (maybe fourth if

We need a bit more depth, and if we can work a deal that's good for us (£13k + £5 per app sounds good) then it's a shrewd move.

Agreed - I'm not bothered one bit, especially if we still sign a "main" striker aswell.

I had quite a bit of sympathy because of the difficult nature of the market.

But the stagnation that existed during this 'potential takeover' period was a mistake.

And now you are in a position where the season is about to start and have only brought in a midfielder who has never proved himself in the top flight, a striker who has no experience and another striker who nobody else at this level wants and is currently training with you...

Most clubs have had below average windows. But that is downright poor.

You were in a position to strike early. The manager wanted a striker signed BEFORE the World Cup. There was Lewandowski who was held up by an ash cloud, Dindane who came and went and came and went again, Piquionne and then blah blah from there.

There is going to be a huge onus put on some of your talented kids, who could be big assets in time. But you need more to continue progress.

Cheers Nicko totally agree with you here.

that is a good deal. we should be in there as well, as not only is it a loan deal, but if the amount is correct, then that will be a bargain.

Yep, seems like West Ham are onto a winner there.

Quite frankly we've embarrassed ourselves this summer.

Den, that's a bit OTT. We have the same squad as last season, minus the anonymous Di Santo and plus the energitic Mame Diouf, which given our existing financial circumstances, most intelligent fans are happy with.

Don't forget that if Roberts knows he is going he'll still have to put himself in the shop window so to speak. Roberts seems to be an intelligent guy off the field so he'll be thinking about his future. When has he ever thrown his toys out the pram? He's always knuckled down and tried to get back in the first team, unlike some.

Things haven't gone to plan regarding a take-over (not that there is a 'plan') but Rovers a are a solid club in good shape for the new season. If it's the same as last season then so be it.

Last season counts for absolutely nothing now. We finished 6th before the season in which we were last relegated ....

It is a fine line though, I still believe a lot of our squad is very average – there were times last season when we were sailing close to the wind (relegation wise).

Good management (and luck also) played a part in us finishing 10th – however, I am not sure how sustainable positive results are with these players. We do have some promising, unproven, youngsters, however you still need quality to attain decent results over a period of time.

A few injuries to midfield/strikers and it's not looking great. At this stage, I am not massively worried but would say concerned.

Yes, I was thinking that, a player left out of the 25 would then not be allowed to ply his trade in a normal manner, there would most definately be a test case, I can see a Bosman situation here.

This is true. But surely they are still being paid, and handsomely, as a professional footballer...?

All of a sudden the relegation odds for Rovers start to look attractive.

Odds on our relegation, or the prospect of, is never attractive.

I will await a few results and the outcome of proposed takeover, and player purchases, before getting in line for my Kool-Aid

CAICEDO...odd one...West Ham tried for Yakubu yesterday, offering LESS than they did last time...it gets turned down...they go for Caicedo allegedly.

Both Yakubu and Caicedo have Pini Zahavi as their agent.

Either someone is playing a game here and trying to wind up Everton into a sale...which won't work...or there is a benefit gig going on.

Funny feeling if you sit back on Caicedo you could nick him before the window shuts.

Den, that's a bit OTT. We have the same squad as last season, minus the anonymous Di Santo and plus the energitic Mame Diouf, which given our existing financial circumstances, most intelligent fans are happy with.

I don't think it is over the top ET.

Minus Di Santo, minus McCarthy and minus a JR who wanted to play for us.

No need for the " most intelligent fans are happy with." comment either. Look around. How many fans on here are happy with the current situation?

I don't think it is over the top ET.

Minus Di Santo, minus McCarthy and minus a JR who wanted to play for us.

We finished last season with three strikers. Now we have two of the same strikers, and we have upgraded the other.

If you're going to use Roberts being less motivated as a minus, then you have to take Kalinic having 12 months PL experience as a plus. He didn't start playing until January.

Obviously we still need more quality, but there is no need for outrageous negativity.

The balance of this transfer window is going to change as squads begin to emerge through squad numbering and the dual squad and window deadline days draw near.

Did anyone expect Sam to play anything other than 4-5-1 on Saturday even if we had signed Lewandowski? Against that Everton midfield....

So we have Mame Diouf roughing the Toffess up at the back with Kalinic on the bench and that is all we need for Saturday. This is a window where we need balls of steel.

Sure if we have no signings by 1 September, it will be a major concern that we are so reliant on the best crop of kids the club has had since we entered the Prem- my big worry is looking at the inactivity of clubs with money and fearing we are going to be blown out if the moves start happening in the last week.

Archived