BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shevchenko couldnt grasp the prem in a season and he was sold on, the Russian at Spurs was the same, he is looking like he can hack it now, the prem is a difficult league for a young player, I think we will see both Kalinic and Hoilett push on a bit this year, they are young and will have learned a lot as will Olssen, on that score we should be a little more experienced and a bit more depth available this season.

I fully expect a striker to be signed soon, whoever he is, it will give us more depth.

I would have liked to have seen a playmaker in midfield, we cant go into games in all honesty trying to play against a quality midfield with Andrews in the team, even Trappotini must have seen it now, I understand something made him violently sick, it happened with me a number of times watching him last year!

Nicko, any truth in the rumour that my dinner is nearly ready?

Yeah...did you not hear the microwave ping.

There are other things going on in the transfer market, but one I heard just made me think...

Eidur Gudjohnsen is available on loan for the season from Monaco. The wage deal is not silly.

He has to be better than some of the dross you have been considering.

smiley3756.gif

Like Nicko said...theres no chance of Bellamy returning to Ewood but Chaddy isnt making up what

he said/heard. Bellamy has been offered to alot of clubs including Blackburn. Man City are panicking

due to the fact they are going to have alot of unhappy players at the club who wont be playing a single game!

The exodus has started with Onuaha(sp?) to Sunderland expect more in the next few days!

Yeah...did you not hear the microwave ping.

There are other things going on in the transfer market, but one I heard just made me think...

Eidur Gudjohnsen is available on loan for the season from Monaco. The wage deal is not silly.

He has to be better than some of the dross you have been considering.

Didn't we offer to take him last time and he chose Spurs instead?

Guessing the pull of Champions League/Europe/bigger clubs/massive wages is a lot stronger than getting soggy up north week in week out with his old mate Big Sam.

If he didn't want us before, I don't know what else we could offer. There's always a bigger club.

Didn't we offer to take him last time and he chose Spurs instead?

Guessing the pull of Champions League/Europe/bigger clubs/massive wages is a lot stronger than getting soggy up north week in week out with his old mate Big Sam.

If he didn't want us before, I don't know what else we could offer. There's always a bigger club.

I don't think Rovers went for him too seriously in January.

As of an hour ago he was still available.

You could do a lot worse.

Well, we ain't shifted him, so that's two useless crocks. Roberts, another we can't get rid of, wonder what wedge he's bringing in. I'll wager if he appears in a Rovers shirt again, he won't be offering value for money as he'll be wanting out.

If you don't improve you go backwards, and if the takeover doesn't occur, we'll eventually be run into the ground. Squad investment has lagged well behind other teams for some time now, and doubtless will continue to do so without external investment. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm well fed up.

I mentioned it yesterday but I unfortunately found out what Roberts now earns and far too much is the answer Bryan, Roberts's wages are probably a) Why we want to get rid of him despite a striker shortage and B) Why nobody's taken him yet. Let's just say basic wage before bonuses (Which can add up to a lot) are higher than 30k and lower than 50k.

There was talk a few months back that the top ten finish actually almost hurt us financially rather than if we had finished say 11th. Can't remember who mentioned it, I'll guess at Hughesy. My bet is that several first teamers including Roberts had a clause in their contracts for a payrise if the lads secured a top ten finish.

Policy at our club needs to change not staff, they've done a great job in maintaining our position but when you reach a point when you can no longer keep progressing as we now have then you need to re-evalute things. The rest of the league will not stand still and not sign new players, but if we cannot generate funds we will only slowly drop the quality of our squad and that will only lead to one thing, no matter how much we spend on wages each season.

While I fully agree with your view that the Academy is our future lifeline, the simple fact is that it is a long term policy. I believe that the links between Academy-Reserves-Senior squad have improved tremendously over the past twelve months. However, although we are seeing an increasing number of players progressing to the senior squad - admittedly through necessity - we will still have to depend on the transfer market in the short term. Without increased investment from either the Trust - which is unlikely as they want to sell the club - or new owners - which still seems some way off - I'm not quite sure how the present policy is going to change.

I don't think Rovers went for him too seriously in January.

As of an hour ago he was still available.

You could do a lot worse.

Please tell me you told his people to give Rovers a call?

If not, give me the number, I'll sign him myself. Save the club fannying about until someone else actually signs him.

They can thank me later.

Nicko,

Do you know if Blackburn are in Norway today and watching Moa in tonights game against France ?

Its been reported in Norwegian Media that we are going to have representatives (scouts) at the game to watch Moa - apparently after Gamst recommending him.

What is your solution? Moan and winge some more? Fire the manager? Shoot the board in the back of the neck?

I haven’t seen you say a single thing that can be taken as positive. It’s not like we have lost a star player and are not reinvesting the money. We are broke, we have been broke for awhile, and we will be broke for a while yet. Do you think we can miracle money? Can you please let us borrow you magic gold egg laying goose?

We have replaced a loan that sucked with a loan that may not suck, we still have Roberts, and we still have all the other players we ended the season with. It’s frustrating to not strengthen, but constantly bemoaning the fact that we are all privy to and all slightly depressed about is repetitive and useless.

The board will not free up money, which we don’t have anyway, while they are trying to sell the club. It boggles my mind that this cannot be understood. Regardless of the fact that it may not go through - the board is bloody hoping it will. Them throwing money at something they plan to sell is fiscal suicide.

Any players that get linked are derided as not good enough and then the club is roundly chastised for not buying anyone. Catch 22 from hell.

Step away from the keyboard, put away Football Manager, and for god sake let the people in the position to do so try their best.

What on earth are you rambling on about. I know we have little money, I've supported Rovers since the early seventies, but that does not excuse the fact that Rovers should be looking at the likes of Benjani now absolutely and most definitely not its just poor management.

I just wonder why you are being so massively negative, neither of us know exactly where we are in regards to money etc. If that player is all we can get then so be it. You don't have to ridicule the current players and be so pessimistic. You are being like antihughsey.

I do ramble don't I? :lol:

Hmm didn't they get about six or more between them last season? Even though some of them hardly played or just played for portions of the season...

Between the four of them, they got 5 league goals. My post was a little tongue-in-cheek, but actually pretty accurate - which is worrying frankly. Pedersen and Diouf are probably our two biggest earners and could only conjure up 4 league goals between them despite playing the bulk of games ....

The fact that we can't shift the likes of Grella, Roberts & Zurab simply means that they are overpaid relative to what they have to offer.

That has to be down to John Williams who does the negotiations.

No wonder wages are 91% of turnover.

You do not need to be a footballing genius to realise that Roberts has his limitations therefore why did we give him a stonking new contract some 2 seasons ago.

John Williams has a lot to answer for in more ways than one.

The fact that we can't shift the likes of Grella, Roberts & Zurab simply means that they are overpaid relative to what they have to offer.

That has to be down to John Williams who does the negotiations.

No wonder wages are 91% of turnover.

You do not need to be a footballing genius to realise that Roberts has his limitations therefore why did we give him a stonking new contract some 2 seasons ago.

John Williams has a lot to answer for in more ways than one.

The players' remuneration reflect Rovers' status as middle ranking PL club. In other words, they get the going rate for the job.

If Rovers had paid them less we would be a relegation threatened or championship club.

From the Lancashire Telegraph Website.......Not even a mention of Keane! oh and he's happy with Beattie now! :lol:

chaddyrovers, Accrington says...

9:20am Wed 11 Aug 10

Benjani could be a good signing but we GOT to make sure he's fit enough for the season and should be pay as you play deal!!! We like to know who this striker is we looking at! Jelavic maybe? it's probably James Beattie to be honest. that wouldn't bother me if it is.

Archived