SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was posted yesterday that Guiza has signed for Schalke

I think you're wrong here PhilpL.

The only thing which was posted yesterday was that Schalke was interested in Guiza.

Fener on their hand need money from the sale of Guiza to buy Gyan and Rennes need money from the sale of Gyan to buy Remy.

Fener have accepted a bid from Rubin Kazan, but Guiza doesnt want to go to Russia.

He is hoping that his old club Getafe will be in for him.

At the same time Guizas agent who is mates with Allardyce wants to bring him to England and Rovers.

Rovers have said that they dont have enough money for him with Rubin Kazans bid allegedly at €7m accepted.

• Backroom

I don't think Benjani is as bad, or as injury prone, as people are making out.

Not to be negative but... if Benjani was even half-decent or fit enough surely somebody would have picked him up before now? He's been on a free for ages.

Not sure how far my trust of our medical staff goes considering Grella passed a medical.

I think you're wrong here PhilpL.

The only thing which was posted yesterday was that Schalke was interested in Guiza.

Fener on their hand need money from the sale of Guiza to buy Gyan and Rennes need money from the sale of Gyan to buy Remy.

Fener have accepted a bid from Rubin Kazan, but Guiza doesnt want to go to Russia.

He is hoping that his old club Getafe will be in for him.

At the same time Guizas agent who is mates with Allardyce wants to bring him to England and Rovers.

Rovers have said that they dont have enough money for him with Rubin Kazans bid allegedly at €7m accepted.

All correct from what I've read and heard. Getafe are looking for a replacement for Soldado aswell, who's gone to Valencia to replace Villa.

I think the Gyan deal from Rennes to Fener is dead though, aswell, Remy has said he doesn't want to go to Rennes.

Swings and roundabouts as always.

He clearly means signings over the past 12 months, ie Nzonzi, Kalinic, Salgado etc

read lawrensons tips on the bbc website every week he doesnt get many right he's a bookies dream

my point is to build on our 10th finish or to sustain that position we need to stregthen especially up front

nicko please stop messing about with pointless things :rolleyes: and just tell the fans wat going on are we going get a foward in before weekend

As it stands you have Kalinic who is not fully fit and Roberts who is halfway out of the door.

So Diouf could be the number one choice, making his debut and starting a Premier League game for the first time.

Benjani cannot possibly be fit enough to start at the weekend if he does enough between now and then to get a contract of any sort.

Roberts won't go too easily because of his wages despite interest from two or three clubs who won't pay much of a fee either. I suspect he has to go before anyone comes in - in case you get stuck with his wages and have to give him away.

Clearly Mister X is not going to be coming...and there doesn't seem to be any cash for anyone else as we speak. There could be a late attempt for one of the previously considered...

Messing about? Sounds like a good idea to me.

• Backroom

Pretty clearly if a signing isn't made today then its diouf up top alone at weekend.

With only an unfit and rusty kalinic on the bench.

All out defence on the cards.

As it stands you have Kalinic who is not fully fit and Roberts who is halfway out of the door.

So Diouf could be the number one choice, making his debut and starting a Premier League game for the first time.

Benjani cannot possibly be fit enough to start at the weekend if he does enough between now and then to get a contract of any sort.

Roberts won't go too easily because of his wages despite interest from two or three clubs who won't pay much of a fee either. I suspect he has to go before anyone comes in - in case you get stuck with his wages and have to give him away.

Clearly Mister X is not going to be coming...and there doesn't seem to be any cash for anyone else as we speak. There could be a late attempt for one of the previously considered...

Messing about? Sounds like a good idea to me.

So where did the reported 2.5 mill go?

Do we not even have that now?

• Backroom

Isnt Kalinic ready for the Everton game?

He played during the weekend against Celtic?

He played and many said he looked lightweight and rusty

Okay, I'll have a go at re-wording it....

£13k + £5 per app is worth paying to avoid playing Pedersen, Samba or crap Diouf up front.

Is that any better?

I don't think Benjani is as bad, or as injury prone, as people are making out.

Thanks for your opinion LeChuck but you've got it completely wrong here, have a re read of Nickos post earlier on the subject or Revidge blues comments regarding Benjani.

The abuse Williams and Allardyce will get if this goes through will split us all...... guaranteed !

So where did the reported 2.5 mill go?

Do we not even have that now?

No money has gone anywhere otto. A tabloid reporter has said 'there doesn't seem to be any cash'.

A majority of sides have not been able to clinch the deals they hoped for, it's not just Rovers. Our striking option since the end of last season have improved (in my opinion) with Diouf replacing Di Santo. Sam said he was happy with Kalinic at Celtic, I'd have though that would put him in contention for a start up front against Everton.

Let's hope we can carry on from where we left off last season, making it a decent strong start to the season. We have over 2 weeks left of the transfer window and I'm sure Sam will make at least one signing to strengthen our squad with hopefully more money to spend in January if a takeover is completed.

Roll on Saturday!

Pretty clearly if a signing isn't made today then its diouf up top alone at weekend.

With only an unfit and rusty kalinic on the bench.

All out defence on the cards.

It will be Roberts and diouf up front on saturday - unless Sam plays one up front - then Roberts will drop to the bench.

Our striking option since the end of last season have improved (in my opinion)

Hmmm. We have Roberts who's hardly match fit and wants out anyway, Kalanic who's hardly match fit and needs to show a big improvement and Diouf who's played 45 mins for us so far and who's an unknown force.

Stronger - really? Strong enough - no way.

Thanks for your opinion LeChuck but you've got it completely wrong here, have a re read of Nickos post earlier on the subject or Revidge blues comments regarding Benjani.

The abuse Williams and Allardyce will get if this goes through will split us all...... guaranteed !

That's only because of hysterical maniacs like you though.

The sensible ones amongst us won't be happy, but we'll accept that although it's a poor signing it's not costing us very much and won't change a great deal.

Hmmm. We have Roberts who's hardly match fit and wants out anyway, Kalanic who's hardly match fit and needs to show a big improvement and Diouf who's played 45 mins for us so far and who's an unknown force.

Stronger - really? Strong enough - no way.

I do not think it is Roberts who wants out, but Rovers who need him out to get some funds in.

Archived