BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

There's nothing wrong with my English GCSE, A-Level or Journalism degree. Thanks for your concern.

Your ability to edit down an (at the time) unsourced, pointlessly long list of young players, most of which are unobtainable or inexperienced at Premier League level, could do with a little work. Your sense of humour failure is infinitely more worrying ;)

You should learn to relax, we're all in this miserable transfer window together, there's no need to be quite so uptight, nothing was meant in spite.

Everybody's got cabin fever.

With all your qualifications you should be able to selectivity pick out the ones that could be attainable for Rovers, with your knowledge of the game???? As a journo you should be used to picking out the good parts from long interviews full of crap. You may also want to consider the quality you must display to make FIFA's unsourced top 40 each year and that the vast majority of players are inexperienced at our level.

You also need a sense of humour as nothing was meant in spite and learn to relax. :P

PS Cabin fever??? Sorry chap no, over 2 years of watching my club slowly go down the pan.

The Lancashire telegraph report that Benjani arrived at Brockhall yesterday, he will train with Rovers for the next few days in order to try and secure a contract. The mystery striker also makes a reappearance, he is described at a 'strong target', however Rovers are not hopeful that a further improved offer will be successful so have started to look elsewhere.

There is also an interview with Roberts he explains why he is going to leave Rovers.

So our mystery target is unaffordable, would you adam and eve it.

The mystery's not the targets its why we keep wasting our time chasing shadows and players we don't have the money to buy.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moa is in the starting eleven against France today.

As reported earlier we will have scouts there to check him out.

Its not all hopeless.

Pentecote, Moa, Jelavic, Guiza are all still available and I am satisfied that we are looking to be 100% sure that we have the right man before signing anyone.

All of the following 4 would make me satisfied.

Allardyce is messing us up, somebody has to step in here be strong and sort the ferker out.

If finishing tenth and an appearance in a cup semi-final is messing us up let's hope he messes us up some more this season! I think you'll find that to sign players you need to have some sort of budget and at the moment we don't appear to have one. Benjani - free transfer and I would suspect low wages as he struggles to prove his fitness - is probably just about in our price range. That's not a criticism of the board, the Trust or the manager but simply a fact of life at this time.

I never feel confident when Lawro predicts us to win.

The mystery striker farce seems to have reached it's inevitable conclusion:

Mystery Striker saga - the final Chapter

"Rovers though fear their improved bid for one unnamed striker will not be a success and have turned their attentions elsewhere"

What a surprise.

There'll be no harm in Rovers or the LT naming him then will there?

If finishing tenth and an appearance in a cup semi-final is messing us up let's hope he messes us up some more this season! I think you'll find that to sign players you need to have some sort of budget and at the moment we don't appear to have one. Benjani - free transfer and I would suspect low wages as he struggles to prove his fitness - is probably just about in our price range. That's not a criticism of the board, the Trust or the manager but simply a fact of life at this time.

Have to say it again, if we couldn't afford to replace McCarthy adequately, he shouldn't have been sold.

And Benjani for Roberts is a huge step backwards.

Who are the two players the fans have said "anyone but him" all summer?

Beattie and Benjani.

The Trustees are turning us into a laughing stock.

Mr Nixon do you know his name????

SSN did seem to think it was Utaka but no-one else seems to have picked up on any sort of bid for anyone at all.

Have to say it again, if we couldn't afford to replace McCarthy adequately, he shouldn't have been sold.

Are you kidding? Selling McCarthy was the best deal the club has done in years. We got rid of the wages and the money we got, is why we have something to buy for at all. Look at his West Ham stats to see if he was worth hanging onto. It's no coincidence that the upturn last season came after getting rid of that sulky, overweight and unprofessional idiot. A man who couldn't even pull it together for a World Cup in his country. I think that says it all.

PS Cabin fever??? Sorry chap no, over 2 years of watching my club slowly go down the pan.

Eh ? Tenth place, semi-finals of a cup competition and victories over the so-called top 4 not good enough ?

Perhaps you should join the glory hunters at Old Trafford.

Mr Nixon do you know his name????

I think you know my view on that one...

Interesting line on Benjani. He was offering his services to a Championship club and asking for £13,000-a-week plus £5,000 an appearance as late as Monday night...

He is obviously desperate for a club. He should not be hard to deal with.

But, really, after losing McCarthy, Di Santo and probably Roberts it is a pitiful replacement.

I liked Benjani two or three years ago. He ran his stones off. However since then the injuries have caught up with him.

I cannot see him passing a medical, signing or playing any part.

I do not see any point in this exercise.

Neither do 90% of us Nicko..a pointless signing if it does go through.

Like Rev said, I really hope the LET show some balls and name our "mystery target". Why not now he's out of our reach? Never saw that one coming though..the most convenient Rovers transfer related rumour of all time. And there are those who say the club have no links with the LET! I'd imagine that was spoonfed to them.

Leave orf Simon, McCarthy is finished and we were lucky someone actually offered us money for him.

Doesn't excuse the lack of a replacement though.

Allardyce is messing us up, somebody has to step in here be strong and sort the ferker out.

How do you work that out? Took over in 20th, finished around 15th, then 10th.....

Interesting line on Benjani. He was offering his services to a Championship club and asking for £13,000-a-week plus £5,000 an appearance as late as Monday night...

He is obviously desperate for a club. He should not be hard to deal with.

How does that wage compare with Roberts? He must be on 30k a week at least?

In view of his injury record and age £5,000 per appearance is reasonable but he can forget the weekly wage.

The LET made easy:

Rovers are chasing a mystery striker = Rovers are looking at everyone possible who can be bought for a pittance.

Rovers have bid for mystery striker = Rovers have eventually settled on one and put in a bid for half of what there worth staged over 12 months.

Rovers have made a second bid for mystery striker = Rovers got the player interested then the club laughed there ass off at Rovers first bid, so we offered 10 bob more.

Rovers wait on mystery striker bid = The selling club forgot about the bid because it wasnt taken serious in the first place.

Rovers though fear their improved bid for one unnamed striker will not be a success and have turned their attentions elsewhere = Beattie it is then.

I think this is an interesting line:

Rovers though fear their improved bid for one unnamed striker will not be a success and have turned their attentions elsewhere.

I wonder who it is.

But it looks for me like we are trying to force through a deal.

We have put in a second bid for an unnamed striker who is probably valued a bit more than our bid. We are now turning our attention towards Moa whome we are going to watch tonight against France.

If the club (ex Fenerbache/Rapid Vienna/Toulouse) is desperate enough to sell their man to bring in a replacement (ie Fener who are looking for Asamoah Gyan/Niang) they might consider our improved offer when they hear that we are not interested anymore.

Its like picking up girls and our club are good at it!

Archived