BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well said that man.

Unlike most people on here that will have their views on him before he takes the field and when he does will no doubt booooooooo.

Brilliant, love the backing the so called Rovers fans give the players

Like Roberts you mean? I'm a million miles from his biggest fan but to suggest a bloke who couldn't pass a medical in a million years and has been a laughing stock at citeh for 2 years is an improvement on Roberts is bizarre.

Surely one of thems 4 million or so.

Check the highlighted word.

Balotelli for £4m? More chance of my gonads being made from solid platinum.

We wouldn't get a work permit for any of those South Americans. I'd also forget about the likes of Wilshire, Canales & Ballotelli aswell yeah?

I take it neither of you passed your English GCSE.

Meanwhile, some of us have reservations about second-rate dross being paid for by our fans.

Exactly. I work with a couple of City season ticket holders. When I mentioned that we might be signing Benjani, once they'd stopped laughing they told me how bad he was - lazy and immobile. One said he's like Dwight Yorke but without the talent.

If he does come, then it's a clean slate from me but the above is hardly a ringing endorsement.

Just don't understand it, we finished above the budgeted finishing position of last year which I think was something like 13th but can't scrape together enough moeny to buy a half decent striker. I dread to think what would be happening should we have finished at our budgeted position!

IF he signs, then surely Benji is only a short term, cheap fix. Still trying for something else by the sound of it.

The only thing which puzzles me is that he isn't "homegrown" so would take one if the 17 non homegrown spots.

It may well be that we are trying to hurry somebody else along by entertaining Benjani, just a thought.

For me Benjani in and Roberts out is an improvement.

Admit it, Roberts has done nothing much of any note for us.

Benjani, can finish, there is no doubt in that.

Roberts has got to be one of the worst forwards i have seen in blue & white.

Benjani is one of the worst finishers I have ever seen, he makes Roberts look like Ronaldo.

Woohoo. Now you can wear your 'No.1 Rover' beanie with pride. Meanwhile, some of us have reservations about second-rate dross being paid for by our fans.

reservations, its a joke of monumental proportions. If we give him a contract I'll be tearing my hair out.

Why don't you sign Gael Kakuta on loan from Chelsea?.

Apparently no top young player would ever consider coming to Rovers, I'd have him here in a shot.

I still think our mystery signing is going to be Felipe Caicedo. I find it strange that all the players who won't make City's final 25 have been linked with lots of teams but not one mention of Felipe Caicedo being linked to anyone yet he has potential to be a decent player and should be cheap too.

Can anyone find out more about his availablity? *looks towards Nicko and the other "in the know" people on here*

Archived