BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Trustees are turning us into a laughing stock.

SSN did seem to think it was Utaka but no-one else seems to have picked up on any sort of bid for anyone at all.

The trustees don't pick the targets and if the mystery man truly was Utaka then I'd rather no-one name him.

At the end of the day if I have a piece of research to do that requires a certain piece of kit and we don't have it, I don't stamp my feet. I sit down and figure out another way to get the data I need, as were there's a will.

After the sorry summer we have had I cannot believe we are even entertaining the idea of signing Banjoni, I'd rather give Blackman a chance as 4th choice.

Eh ? Tenth place, semi-finals of a cup competition and victories over the so-called top 4 not good enough ?

Perhaps you should join the glory hunters at Old Trafford.

As opposed to just looking at one aspect consider it more holistically as there's far more to consider than a few games on the pitch.

Financially crippled with 91% of turnover on wages, we can't make a move for anyone of the standard we need and we have no-one to blame but ourselves. This summer saw an extra 8 million added to our turnover and a 3 place higher finish, as well as several players on serious money going out of contract. And yet we don't have a pot to ###### in, what the hell is going on?

Our squad is unbalanced with gaping holes in certain area's.

Cut-backs made in area's of the club that we should be investing in IE the youth.

Signing players who are not up to the standard and are not needed.

Summer that should have seen us build on last year, has been disrupted by wasting our time chasing either players we cannot afford or drawing up wish-lists as well as putting things on hold.

We are now left with the only way forward being someone buying us and giving us money to spend and given its dragging along like a dead pheasant on your bumper and our previous experiences with all of this, well forgive me for being angry.

As opposed to a flippant and stupid comment like "go support united" perhaps you might want to consider that my heart is invested in this club and has been since I was 4, 28 years. You may wish to act like a sheep and go along for the ride, but I am different and what I see happening scares the hell out of me and I'm no sheep and will voice my opinion, always.

Did Radio 5 really say that?

I think Bellers will rather go to Fulham, unless he is settled in the area.

Bellamy is on around £90,000-a-week...

He wants to play for Spurs in the Champions League.

He wants to go somewhere on loan and then come back as a long lost son [not for the first time].

Not happening with Rovers.

I want us to sign Beattie !!!

(waits for the stones to be throw!)

Big lad, target man, different to what we have, presumably cheap. It's nailed on I'd have thought. The way we set our stall out it's crying out for him.

Obviously it would be nice to spend a few quid on some exciting foreign player who looks good on youtube but, obviously, we don't have a few quid.

From that LT artice:

The 31-year-old striker, a January target for Rovers, is now a free agent after being released by City boss Roberto Mancini and has yet struggled to secure a future elsewhere.

Any potential deal between him and Rovers though is not yet believed to be close with both parties taking the next few days as an opportunity to assess the situation.

This Bellamy retirement stuff in the press is him forcing City to pay some of his wages whilst he goes elsewhere. Hugely ironic if City subsidise his package at Spuds to block City's path to the CL!- no way will Spuds pay him £90k a week- their wage bill is "only" £15m more than our's. I guess that is why City could be interested in subsidising him to come to Ewood instead.

After the sorry summer we have had I cannot believe we are even entertaining the idea of signing Banjoni, I'd rather give Blackman a chance as 4th choice.

Both of these options scream at relegation. Benjani is rubbish - finished, too broken down to be of any use, and imo he wasn't all that to begin with.

Blackman has shown me nothing when playing for the reserves, and will be lucky to make it at championship level. I'd love to be wrong on this one but I can't see it.

If we are to survive - or any team for that matter - you need a decent striker/strikers. I fail to see how the board don't realise that unless we invest at least modest sums in the team we will only go on a downward spiral.

I'm not sure whether Sam could spot a bargain like Santa Cruz, or Bellamy, or Benni - all in the £2 - £4 million pound bracket, but it's pretty irrelivent whether he could or not, as even these type of bargain players seem beyond us.

The trustees don't pick the targets and if the mystery man truly was Utaka then I'd rather no-one name him.

As opposed to a flippant and stupid comment like "go support united" perhaps you might want to consider that my heart is invested in this club and has been since I was 4, 28 years. You may wish to act like a sheep and go along for the ride, but I am different and what I see happening scares the hell out of me and I'm no sheep and will voice my opinion, always.

You said the club has been "going down the pan for 2 years" but your addled brain might recall that 2 years ago we were were almost relegated under Ince since when we have finished 15th and 10th which rather refutes your ridiculous statement. This particular sheep has been supported Rovers for more than 55 years and if the present state of the club dining at the top table of English football is "going down the pan" the I can assure I have seen far worse times in the club's history. The lack of cash available at present is unfortunate but the club is being well managed. You are of course entitled to your opinion but in this case you are wrong.

Big lad, target man, different to what we have, presumably cheap. It's nailed on I'd have thought. The way we set our stall out it's crying out for him.

Obviously it would be nice to spend a few quid on some exciting foreign player who looks good on youtube but, obviously, we don't have a few quid.

Those are my thoughts as well.

Your right we dont have the money. I'm tired of getting my hopes up on the tales on here. I've decided to be a bit more realistic. That way i wont be as disappointed when we do sign the lower rate players.

If we do spend a bit of money on someone then great, i just cant see it happening.

Sign of the times i'm afraid for us, i just wish more people would realise it and stop dreaming.

Both of these options scream at relegation. Benjani is rubbish - finished, too broken down to be of any use, and imo he wasn't all that to begin with.

Blackman has shown me nothing when playing for the reserves, and will be lucky to make it at championship level. I'd love to be wrong on this one but I can't see it.

If we are to survive - or any team for that matter - you need a decent striker/strikers. I fail to see how the board don't realise that unless we invest at least modest sums in the team we will only go on a downward spiral.

I'm not sure whether Sam could spot a bargain like Santa Cruz, or Bellamy, or Benni - all in the £2 - £4 million pound bracket, but it's pretty irrelivent whether he could or not, as even these type of bargain players seem beyond us.

I don't disagree about Blackman, but at least at his age he has the chance to improve Banjoni will only go further down the pan.

Not so long ago our budget meant we had 5 million or so to spend each summer, now we only have funds if we sell players otherwise we have nothing.

That's not progress for me.

• Moderation Lead

People need to be patient with the takeover and also realistic. The days of us splurging cash on a big name are a distant memory. We have to wheel and deal which Allardyce has done so well over the years (though at the minute I'm getting a bit annoyed with his hypocritical rants about wages and such!).

Talking about relegation is a load of nonsense, try looking on the flip side- the only teams around us in the league that have spent money are West Ham and Wolves and none of their signings are world-beaters!

I don't disagree about Blackman, but at least at his age he has the chance to improve Banjoni will only go further down the pan.

Not so long ago our budget meant we had 5 million or so to spend each summer, now we only have funds if we sell players otherwise we have nothing.

That's not progress for me.

Totally agree it's not progress. It's shocking to see the likes of Stoke now arguably ahead of us after a mere 2 seasons in the prem.

Maj - you know a lot about youth - have you honestly seen anything in Blackman that suggests there is a chance that he will improve enough? I know I haven't but then I guess I'm still spoilt from Gally, Derbs and Johnson.

Don't think anyone is advocating we splurge cash on big names. What people are - quite rightly after - is incrimental improvement and investment. Rovers will always be dependant upon selling the Bentleys, Warnocks, Bellamys, Santa Cruzs etc. for larger fees - but if we cannot even buy these players (bar Bellamy did any cost over 3 million?) then quite frankly we're stuffed.

How do you work that out? Took over in 20th, finished around 15th, then 10th.....

How does that wage compare with Roberts? He must be on 30k a week at least?

Sign Benjani and its back to 20th sad to say.

As they say this is a no brainer, Benjani should be on the next boat back to Africa.

You said the club has been "going down the pan for 2 years" but your addled brain might recall that 2 years ago we were were almost relegated under Ince since when we have finished 15th and 10th which rather refutes your ridiculous statement. This particular sheep has been supported Rovers for more than 55 years and if the present state of the club dining at the top table of English football is "going down the pan" the I can assure I have seen far worse times in the club's history. The lack of cash available at present is unfortunate but the club is being well managed. You are of course entitled to your opinion but in this case you are wrong.

Wrong only in your opinion. :P

Two years ago we generated 5 million a season for transfers, turnover has significantly increased and now we only generate funds if we sell players. Obviously that's great progress :rolleyes: . So turnover has increased by at least 8 million and we used to generate 5 and yet now we only generate anything if we sell players. All I can say is I'm glad your not my stockbroker.

Your selective reply shows you don't consider more than just the league positions, which in my opinion is a blinkered view that does not focus long term. We can no longer sign any players of the required level and have stood still this summer. With the way the market is and with the increased funds and lower wage bill we could have achieved, we could have got a march on the clubs around us and built on last season. Instead we have dug a hole and jumped in it, with the rest of the clubs in this league barely signing anyone a club like us could have moved up a place or two.

You can live in the past saying you've seen worse times (hello, I remember the teabag days), that's fine, I'd rather look at the present and where we are now. When you compare that to a few years ago we have regressed whether you like it or not and the position we find ourselves in now is not good, not good at all.

Dining at the premier table in any restaurant costs money and we've maxed out all our cards, if you can't pay the bill you don't get dinner!!!

Sign Benjani and its back to 20th sad to say.

How on earth have you worked that one out?

Benjani will be third choice (maybe fourth if Roberts stays).

We finished 10th last year with Kalinic, Di Santo and Roberts. This year we have Kalinic, Diouf and Roberts. Diouf looks like he's going to be a big improvement on Di Santo (not hard in goalscoring terms).

We need a bit more depth, and if we can work a deal that's good for us (£13k + £5 per app sounds good) then it's a shrewd move. He's the sort of player than can make an impact from the bench.

Lawrenson is a clown..what signings ????

Archived