BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Horns Grrrr

ABBEY

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well said, Abbey. I'm losing interest in this tournament by the second with these droning wasps sucking all energy out of the tournament. Lord only knows how the South Africans find that entertaining...

I think it's contributing to the poor games (SA aside) because it make them all feel like friendly games due to the lack of crowd atmosphere.

Reminds me U21 international atmospheres when the crowd is full of school children.

Moan moan moan, jeez you guys just have to complain about everything and anything. I met quite a few overseas fans, and they all had 1. If you outside at the fan parks, then you will notice what a magnificant atmosphere there is. I find the English atmosphere quite boring, good pass, clap, good shot, clap,etc. Its a tv thing, when you at the stadium, you get a different feel even with the Vuvuzelas going off.

Moan moan moan, jeez you guys just have to complain about everything and anything. I met quite a few overseas fans, and they all had 1. If you outside at the fan parks, then you will notice what a magnificant atmosphere there is. I find the English atmosphere quite boring, good pass, clap, good shot, clap,etc. Its a tv thing, when you at the stadium, you get a different feel even with the Vuvuzelas going off.

It's mind-numbing with no imagination or rhythm and sounds like it's being played by a busy motorway. They can't even give them a rest during the team's national anthems. South Africa have really dropped the ball here.

On one hand they are very annoying, however on the other hand they're clearly a part of football culture in South Africa and if we're going to put up with the good things that having the World Cup in South Africa is going to give us (the wild enthusiasm, the colourful support etc), I guess we have to put up with the vuvuzelas too. It'd be a little churlish to ban something purely because it's "annoying".

• Backroom

Well said Tony, it's part of their football culture should we ban everything us westerners don't like?

I'm loving the colourful atmosphere and even the noise that goes with it, must be amazing to be there

It amazes me that people are saying it is ruining it for them, it would take a lot more than a noise to ruin it for me

How can a load of noise be classed as good? It's absolutely terrible!

I've begun to lose interest in watching the non-England games right now due to the loud sound of what sounds like a wasp gang-bang...not liking it. It might be an amazing sound in the stadium but on TV it becomes an annoyance after 5 minutes.

Not wrong, ihtd.

My ears are still ringing after the Korea v Greece game.

There's no way anyone could follow the game constantly blowing those things.

Yes I realise that they would have some kind of break, but.....ffs watch the game.

Well i'm watching my first game of the WC and won't bother with any non England games. That bloody row is like gigantic swarm of angry bees. Awful to listen to and there is absolutely zero atmosphere coming over on TV.

I've work to do and am switching off.

You lot all need to lighten up and get over it.

Exactly, and as I have already said.. its in South Africa with South African's in the ground... why should they be told not to do something because some miserable sods thousands of miles away watching on TV don't like it.

What would your response be if it was us doing something in our country that we liked but they didnt? Something along the lines of F*** O** maybe!!!

I watched the England game and after the first few mins I didn't even notice them... they did get louder though for corners etc. Pictures showed England and USA fans with them too, so they can't be that bad!

Iceman - you make a good point. Probably the reason most of Ewood is silent on a matchday.

Abbey, I agree with you for a change. Bloody awful... doesn't make it easier on us poor folks that have to watch the games at 4.30 in the morning without waking anyone around us.

Apparently if a vuvuzela is thrown onto the pitch then they will ban them from the tournament :lol:

Fingers crossed!

Surely there must be someone there in South Africa who hates those vuvuzelas as much as the rest of us and could do us all a favour by throwing one onto the pitch?

Ligthen it? One thing that makes the World Cup special is the great atmosphere, something that usually comes across even if you are watching it from home. These horns simply destroy all atmosphere. You have no idea what is going on in the game because of the constant horn-blowing, including when sides score and you can't hear any other crowd reaction. The only supporters so far that has managed to slightly drown them out were the England fans for a few minutes yesterday, but even that was brief. Terrible decision, it isn't part of their "culture", it is completely moronic and is damaging the spectacle.

Archived