BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A New Rovers Logo

Incidentally, I think the 60's cup final badge looked better:

39474_458176355991_691415991_6147189_5282946_n.jpg

Now that's a lovely badge and quaint and looks good on a retro shirt but that one DOES look incredibly dated imo.

As imo do the likes of Burnley's and Wigan's crests someone mentioned earlier.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work! Really great work! Very clean and pleasing to the eye.

Although, the current crest holds great sentiment for me as well, but if it were to be replaced, I'd root for you. Cheers

Great work TR! I know I'm going to get a kicking for this.......But I really like the bottom right design all in blue.

yeah! I know the Rose should be red ...ya de ya de ya....... but still! :blush:

Gets my vote dude!

First and foremost, those spouting off that our badge only dates back to 1989, even after Philip mentioned that wasn't the case, are dead wrong. See below.

Sorry Texas, but the answer is no. And I'd love to see a poll on it. It's nice work mind you, but no chance. However I wouldn't want to dissuade you from trying other ideas related to Rovers, since you possess the imagination, passion & skills necessary to come up with some good stuff.

roversstokecity2ndrndlc.jpg

I have Rothmans 1970-71 book and our crest is shown as a shield split into quarters with BRSC (not BRFC) in each segment. It's all opinion based this and, whilst I think the earlier designs are very good, I would not want to replace our current, excellent design. It's both different and very noticable.

I also think the designs for Wigan, Burnley and countless other clubs are terrible and too similar. I have a Wigan Rugby League fleece where the design is virtually the same as Burnley's previous crest.

This thread is a right chuckle...

Speaking with quite a few fans of other clubs, they dont like our badge, looks very dated etc. And i agree with that view entirely. I just see alot of nostalgia in this thread for the current badge.

Anywho, i think the designs the op has done are fantastic, got a very nice modern retro look to them.

There was an article not too long ago about the Rovers crest and it got posted on here.

If I remember correctly it was designed by Jack Tipping (who did Tipping's Topic in the LET) in 1967. The article explained the rationale for using the red rose of Lancashire in the way it appears rather than a tudor rose.

The piece was published because there had been a poll of football fans asked to rate club badges (with votes for your own team not allowed) and Rovers' had come out as the favourite. Fulham's and Bolton's were rated the least liked.

I think you will find the Rovers badge was designed at the end of the '60s and was mounted over the Nuttall Street entrance in the '70s.

It finally appeared on the shirts in '89.

Correct Philipl,also was displayed on the Centenary plaque on top of the old Riverside stand circa '75.

Speaking with quite a few fans of other clubs, they dont like our badge, looks very dated etc. And i agree with that view entirely. I just see alot of nostalgia in this thread for the current badge.

Yeah you've got to laugh,who gives a toss what others think of OUR unique badge.....have you seen the likes of Fulham and Arsenal's these days?

:lol:

thanks again for the nice words everyone, (and even the not so nice ones!)

if i WERE to send it to rovers to suggest as a tshirt design or something, does anyone have any info on anybody specific that i could email?

I feel like if i were to just email the generic club email that it would just get lost.

Texas although I have to agree with others our current logo is perfect and I would personally not want it to change. I have to say your designs are very good and very professionally laid out. You could have a good career as a graphic designer and wish you all the best for the future. I think you should contact the club seeing as though it is taking them donkey's years to produce a simple template for a wallpaper/border design with the quality of your designs you could have a major part to play in that side of things.

Good luck with your venture.

TR,

Applaud your efforts, you've clearly put a LOT of thought into your crests. However, maybe you could turn your talents to designing a new sponsor logo for Crown...??

Pleeeaaase!!

It's a shame I don't have authority in my company for the logos, I'd hire you to do something with ours as it's dull as hell!!

As for the designs, I like them, but I can also appreciate why some fans wouldn't want to change.

Blimey, that'll be my arse firmly on the fence then!

Get a poll up!

I think Texas Rover's effort is excellent, much better than previous attempts too.

I love the current badge, it's what I've grown up with, but I can also see the need for a change. No harm in suggesting what it might look like if the board fancy a refresh once if we get taken over.

Keep up the good work TR, and don't let the "WE'RE FRUM LANKYSHUR AN' WE DUN'T LIKE CHANGE, BADGES WERE BETTER WHEN THEY WERE MED FRUM COAL" brigade get you down wi' nowt but negative comments. Some people could be a lot more constructive with their criticism, some of them might just be worried that the poor reproduction tattoo on the back of their leg will become out of date.

If I had any suggestions for possible improvement to the design, it'd be a richer shade of blue and the motto in less of a serif font, but that's just my opinion.

Leave the badge alone.

We're a traditional club, let's keep it that way.

Don't want to see anything tacky on our shirts thank you.

Some of the new design's at other clubs are awful compared to their old ones... eg Fulham, Wigan.

Wigan basically just went back to the same badge they had pre 1990s and Fulham's old badge was equally awful.

Don't want to see anything tacky on our shirts thank you.

What's tacky about it? There's nothing bling, or ridiculously coloured. We've not added 'BLU SOX' to our name.

Surely you can articulate a little something about what you don't like?

Archived