BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A New Rovers Logo

So I design things for a living, and I've always wanted to rework my beloved rovers mark. I finally got round to it, and would like to share with you all what I would do if it were up to me.

traffordroverslogo.jpg

Nice, simple, and elegant. I've played around with some handwritten scripts for the Arte et Labore on the ribbon, but haven't settled on one yet. You can see a couple examples of it in the logo color options section and in the sketches.

The most important thing to me about a rovers logo is tradition. The current logo (about 30 years old) has a side view of the lancashire rose which is pretty clunky and awkward.

The logo before this, that ran in the 70's and 80's focused on a more graphic and traditional representation of the rose. I personally think this works much better and I did this for my version.

The ribbon in my version comes from the first logo, introduced in 1960.

A successful logo not only works in multiple colors, but MUST work in one color - something that the current logo struggles with.

While the current badge holds a place in most rovers fan's hearts, there is no questioning that it is dated.

If new ownership comes in and wants to invest, then why not help the marketing of the club by freshening up the look.

I hope i didn't offend any of you by suggesting the logo be changed!

All the best

Nathan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it. However, I've only known one logo through the entire time I have supported the club and it holds a great deal of sentiment for me.

I think you should contact the club though. I would buy perhaps a polo shirt or a T-Shirt with that logo on it. Very smart, great work.

Not sure why it is considered 'foreign' to change logos.

The current design only appeared in 1989 and to me, that's where it belongs.

I like this design's uncomplicated style with its homage to the original rose emblem of the 1970s. Better than the whacking great green and yellow stalk we have at the moment.

I love your logo. I think it's time we considered changing it. Most clubs have done similar, as long as it's in keeping with the original design, which yours obviously is.

we aren't most club's, that is why the shirt has stayed more or less the same and long may it last.

That's some good work, texasrover. People are naturally averse to change, especially where old-skool tradition is concerned, so don't expect this to go down too well.

Someone created a modern take of our badge on the official board. It didn't go down well with the purists but I think it's really stylish:

1zz44ys.jpg

we aren't most club's, that is why the shirt has stayed more or less the same and long may it last.

No one is suggesting a change of shirt - that is one definite iconic constant.

However, I say again, the current badge arrived in 1989. There is nothing 'old-school purist' about it.

No one is suggesting a change of shirt - that is one definite iconic constant.

However, I say again, the current badge arrived in 1989. There is nothing 'old-school purist' about it.

I would agree that TR's version is much more fitting with the club's and Lancashire's history with that design of rose.

The current crest's rose never appeared before 1989.

The small town mentality rears it's head again.

A change is as good as a rest, new beginnings and all that.

21 years is long enough, a rebranding exercise can have many benefits. His designs look more in keeping with our traditions than the current logo.

I think the club would be interested to receive designs for logos

Some good designs but I'm old fashioned so no change thanks.

The promotion season shirt from 79 has the red rose on it and that still gives me goose bumps when I see it.

When did that change to todays badge?

Archived