BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers STILL not sold.

Wolverine

I should have said lack of visible cash in the company.

Just going off the 2009 year-end figures, despite having a balance sheet of $1bn and turnover of $94m, the only cash movement in the year was $50k spent on a car and office equipment. The rest of the figures are purely paper accounting transactions.

I'm not saying the cash backing doesn't exist, but it is certainly hidden from the sources available to us. I'm sure the Trust will have checked this out, but until I see the proof then I'm going to remain sceptical.

It doesnt matter how much cash, visable or not, WGA has as WGA are not buying the club with their assets. Syed is looking to buy the club, through his investment company, with his own personal funds.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is more “I know something you don’t know” going on in this thread than at my daughters last sleepover.

I'm not certain I want to know why you know what was said at her sleepover.

This is also a coded hint about the takeover btw

I had that very same fevered imaginings weeks ago smoss; no one refuted it so it must be true.

There is more “I know something you don’t know” going on in this thread than at my daughters last sleepover.

Yes, it is very worrisome. Not because I'm having fevered imaginings, but because a few years ago my fevered imaginings involved bikini-clad (and not clothed at all) starlets, and now they involve the possibility of a Rovers takeover. It sucks getting older.

I would suggest extreme paranoia.

Undoubtedly. I have long thought this to be true. But when I suggest to my physician that I have a problem and that he should write me a scrip for happy pills, the harder he laughes. I think he must be part of the conspiracy. Dr. Joel and John Williams. Both have the letter J as the first letter of their first name, an obvious pattern. And its no coincidence that our two prospective buyers have the names Shah and Syed, either.

Guest bluerovers

To sum up the coded posts of others with more code: There's a powwow at P.E-V's place a little west of Normandy. ;)

Ahhh so a water-cooler company is at a building that makes plug-in electric vehicles in Guernsey.....it all makes sense now

Is it Canon & Ball?

Probably!

Seriously, if I hear anything that I think may be of interest, then I put it on here.

It might turn out to be crap or it could be spot-on.

Whatever, I share it with fellow members which based on general comments, seems to be the preferred alternative rather than dropping hints about something and then leaving people hanging!

I'm not sure I understand how it is possible that there would be not 1, not 2, but 3 bidders wanting to buy our club. A few months ago, no one in their wildest dreams would have thought a billionaire would want to buy Rovers. It was concluded that anyone who does such a thing would only lose money, and there were none left like Jack Walker who didn't mind that because he loved the club so much. So we go from "no one would ever do this" to "there are a number of people trying to buy the club." Why? Are there in fact a number of very rich Rovers fans who for some reason never declared their interest in helping out the club until now, or has something changed to make businessmen think they can profit from our club? Because both scenarios sound unlikely to me.

I'm not sure I understand how it is possible that there would be not 1, not 2, but 3 bidders wanting to buy our club. A few months ago, no one in their wildest dreams would have thought a billionaire would want to buy Rovers. It was concluded that anyone who does such a thing would only lose money, and there were none left like Jack Walker who didn't mind that because he loved the club so much. So we go from "no one would ever do this" to "there are a number of people trying to buy the club." Why? Are there in fact a number of very rich Rovers fans who for some reason never declared their interest in helping out the club until now, or has something changed to make businessmen think they can profit from our club? Because both scenarios sound unlikely to me.

Makes you wonder doesnt it? Has something changed?(dont know what) Has someone looked into it, seen it is more appealing than first thought and others have become interested? I seriously dont know but it is Fact that 2 groups are very interested and possibly 2 more keeping an eye on procedings.

Syed says he is a fan, although it's not clear when his support for us started.

Shah hasn't claimed to be a fan-I would guess none of the other bidders are committed fans either.

It will be interesting to see how all the bidders want to make money out of the club.

I'm not certain I want to know why you know what was said at her sleepover.

This is also a coded hint about the takeover btw

--. .. .-. .-.. ... + .- .-. . + .-.. --- ..- -.. + .- -. -.. + -.-- --- ..- + -... .-.. --- .-- + --. --- .- - ...

.. -. -.. .. .- -. ... + --. --- .. -. --. + - --- + .--- . .-. ... . -.--

There is code about the takeover in there

Archived