Your news tid-bits.

Ohhh Philip my heart is full of impatience and desire for news,

Now write it down and give me your views,

You’ve started this fire for news in my soul,

And now it’s burning out of control,

So satisfy this need for rumor in me,

Cause only you typing can set me free.

Etc Etc.

I console myself by believing that the Trust would never leave us to rot and that the reason we spent zilch in the transfer window was because they were certain we'd be taken over in the near future. Works for me-----for about 15 minutes.

Since we've had no news, my fevered imagination has taken over. As a bit of pure specualtion, I wonder if either Shah or Syed have only been front men for the "Mysterious Indians" or some other unknown? I know its crazy (I admit to being mildly insane) but that tactic would allow a well-known billionaire to review the books through a proxy. When the deal looks good, he steps up and buys. In the meantime, there is focus on his proxy, not himself, so bitter journos, in addition to his business and family rivals, don't kabosh the deal. This occurred to me as a theory as both Shah and Syed have been loudly vocal about wanting to buy the club, which seems not very business-like, and I know that some have raised questions about finances (which I can't judge).

I don't think many people were!

Until we know what the deal is with WGA's mysterious lack of cash and tangible clients then I won't be holding my breathe with the Syed bid.

what do you mean lack of cash? Have they left the building yet, and gone back with their tail between their legs? I cannot for 1 moment, believe that Rothschilds and the trust, would allow a chancer anywhere near the club. A chancer, who imo Syed is not. If he is, then somebody's head needs to roll

Since we've had no news, my fevered imagination has taken over. As a bit of pure specualtion, I wonder if either Shah or Syed have only been front men for the "Mysterious Indians" or some other unknown? I know its crazy (I admit to being mildly insane) but that tactic would allow a well-known billionaire to review the books through a proxy. When the deal looks good, he steps up and buys. In the meantime, there is focus on his proxy, not himself, so bitter journos, in addition to his business and family rivals, don't kabosh the deal. This occurred to me as a theory as both Shah and Syed have been loudly vocal about wanting to buy the club, which seems not very business-like, and I know that some have raised questions about finances (which I can't judge).

I had that very same fevered imaginings weeks ago smoss; no one refuted it so it must be true.

There is more “I know something you don’t know” going on in this thread than at my daughters last sleepover.

I had that very same fevered imaginings weeks ago smoss; no one refuted it so it must be true.

There is more “I know something you don’t know” going on in this thread than at my daughters last sleepover.

What I love is how those that "are in the know" try and post as short response as possible..eg, "lots happening" "very close now" etc

to add to the "can't say much about this" effect..lol

I would suggest extreme paranoia.

what do you mean lack of cash? Have they left the building yet, and gone back with their tail between their legs? I cannot for 1 moment, believe that Rothschilds and the trust, would allow a chancer anywhere near the club. A chancer, who imo Syed is not. If he is, then somebody's head needs to roll

I should have said lack of visible cash in the company.

Just going off the 2009 year-end figures, despite having a balance sheet of $1bn and turnover of $94m, the only cash movement in the year was $50k spent on a car and office equipment. The rest of the figures are purely paper accounting transactions.

I'm not saying the cash backing doesn't exist, but it is certainly hidden from the sources available to us. I'm sure the Trust will have checked this out, but until I see the proof then I'm going to remain sceptical.

I should have said lack of visible cash in the company.

Just going off the 2009 year-end figures, despite having a balance sheet of $1bn and turnover of $94m, the only cash movement in the year was $50k spent on a car and office equipment. The rest of the figures are purely paper accounting transactions.

I'm not saying the cash backing doesn't exist, but it is certainly hidden from the sources available to us. I'm sure the Trust will have checked this out, but until I see the proof then I'm going to remain sceptical.

Fair enough mate

Archived