BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers STILL not sold.

Wolverine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I'm told that there are two 'unnamed guests' on the official BRFC guest list submitted to Villa (this has come from the Villa end). If you are going, take your cameras!

I can clear this one up. The 2 gentlemen concerned Are Mr. Jarce and Mr. Ritchie.

But for obvious reasons Hugh and Mabolza like to keep a low profile.

Let's ask Ian Holloway to explain what is going on before I disagree with this rather fine glass....

"Let's look at like this gentlemen. There's this drop dead gorgeous bird in blue and white down the club with three blokes giving her the eye and flashing their key fobs. The bloke with the Ferarri has sent over a flute of Chrystal champers with his iphone4 number but she's chatting earnestly to the nice guy with the Merc, she's stone cold sober, sipping really s l o w l y and glancing at the mystery guy in the shadows. The night is but young and its balls ache all round."

So when's she going to leave then?

Let's ask Ian Holloway to explain what is going on before I disagree with this rather fine glass...."Let's look at like this gentlemen. There's this drop dead gorgeous bird in blue and white down the club with three blokes giving her the eye and flashing their key fobs. The bloke with the Ferarri has sent over a flute of Chrystal champers with his iphone4 number but she's chatting earnestly to the nice guy with the Merc, she's stone cold sober, sipping really s l o w l y and glancing at the mystery guy in the shadows. The night is but young and its balls ache all round."So when's she going to leave then?

What ? :blink:

I received a Pm from somebody on here. Which I was asked to keep to myself, that I will do. But what was said to me, means if correct, that, using Philips words, is happening.

And what ? :blink:

Let's ask Ian Holloway to explain what is going on before I disagree with this rather fine glass....

"Let's look at like this gentlemen. There's this drop dead gorgeous bird in blue and white down the club with three blokes giving her the eye and flashing their key fobs. The bloke with the Ferarri has sent over a flute of Chrystal champers with his iphone4 number but she's chatting earnestly to the nice guy with the Merc, she's stone cold sober, sipping really s l o w l y and glancing at the mystery guy in the shadows. The night is but young and its balls ache all round."

So when's she going to leave then?

Meanwhile a Bentley Continental supersports just pulled up outside, three blokes carrying cans of Fosters with boomerangs tucked in their waste belts making their way to the back door ........... bloody adverts ..... back in a mo!.

I'm not sure I understand how it is possible that there would be not 1, not 2, but 3 bidders wanting to buy our club. A few months ago, no one in their wildest dreams would have thought a billionaire would want to buy Rovers. It was concluded that anyone who does such a thing would only lose money, and there were none left like Jack Walker who didn't mind that because he loved the club so much. So we go from "no one would ever do this" to "there are a number of people trying to buy the club." Why? Are there in fact a number of very rich Rovers fans who for some reason never declared their interest in helping out the club until now, or has something changed to make businessmen think they can profit from our club? Because both scenarios sound unlikely to me.

Philipl reckoned it was 5 bidders at the last count didn't he?

Go on then... :wacko:

As I have mentioned I received a PM that I will not share - because out of respect to that person, who asked me not to mention it and does not want to do so, because of what happened to Kamy, mention it on the message board. There are others on this board who have PM'ed me on this and that and asked me to keep quiet on the subject - for each person I have done so and will continue to do so.

You may call me wacko etc etc on here and it means nothing to me, especially from posters like yourself. Who it appears, I stand corrected if wrong, appear to look down on others who may have imfo you do not.

But there are times in all our lives when we receive things that we have been asked to keep in confidence - for me that is a daily situation. At this moment I am in that position. That does not mean that I believe what has been PM'd to me - as I am not, I repeat not in the position to know or not know the truth of what has been sent to me.

I believe I have said a number of times on this messageboard that I am not a business man, hence some of the questions I ask of others. I currently work at a bus depo - I manage drivers in a bus depo -nothing special. Incidently currently being head hunted from 3 other companies, so I learnt today.

But in the light of what posts I have read from you in responce to others you would be one of the last that I would share info with if I knew the entire situation of a Rovers takeover.

As I have mentioned I received a PM that I will not share - because out of respect to that person, who asked me not to mention it and does not want to do so, because of what happened to Kamy, mention it on the message board. There are others on this board who have PM'ed me on this and that and asked me to keep quiet on the subject - for each person I have done so and will continue to do so.

You may call me wacko etc etc on here and it means nothing to me, especially from posters like yourself. Who it appears, I stand corrected if wrong, appear to look down on others who may have imfo you do not.

But there are times in all our lives when we receive things that we have been asked to keep in confidence - for me that is a daily situation. At this moment I am in that position. That does not mean that I believe what has been PM'd to me - as I am not, I repeat not in the position to know or not know the truth of what has been sent to me.

I believe I have said a number of times on this messageboard that I am not a business man, hence some of the questions I ask of others. I currently work at a bus depo - I manage drivers in a bus depo -nothing special. Incidently currently being head hunted from 3 other companies, so I learnt today.

But in the light of what posts I have read from you in responce to others you would be one of the last that I would share info with if I knew the entire situation of a Rovers takeover.

I think whats annoying more than the lack of news is people going 'I have info. Look at me. Look at me everybody. I have a pm with incredible news. Of course I can't tell you about it though.."

If you do that it just pisses people off. If you have some news or a pm with info and you don't want to share it with everyone then just keep quiet about it in the first place.

So why say anything at all?..why not keep shtum?..why invite the hassle of questions if that's the last thing you are prepared to answer?!

I havent been reading for a while..out of interest what 'happened' to Kamy..wasn't he the guy who was in touch with Julia Thiem, Syeds spokesperson?

This isn't adding anything new but I accept there are new members who have been drawn to the board who might find things complicated.

This is a contested take over.

Saurin Shah made his interest known back in May and is apparently leading a consortium. It appears their wealth is in the tens of millions.

Syed Ali's company Western Gulf Associates entered into due diligence five weeks ago and whatever form of exclusivity he was granted then was extended for an unspecified period of time last week. It appears his wealth is in the thousands of millions and at least a billion of that is in cash.

There is another bidder who appears well advanced whose identity has only been speculated at but it appears the wealth of this bidder is in the thousand millions bracket.

Those appear to be the main contestants currently.

In addition, four weeks ago the News of the World said an Australian consortium of three had bid £25m. Nothing has been heard since.

Four weeks ago, Nicko in the People reported another Indian billionaire was bidding. Nothing has been heard since but I believe this one is out of the running.

So add those two newspaper bidders and there are/were five.

At least one other party has expressed interest since so that makes six and counting.

To complicate matters there were the Goldberg allegations about Ali Syed on BBC 5live. I now think these are irrelevant for a number of reasons. There has been enough time for these to have been looked into and WGA would not have been granted an extension if they were a show stopper.

The other canard which will have been resolved is whether the bidders rightfully have the money they say they have. Rothschilds who are advising the Walker Trust rank as number 2 in London and number 9 in New York by value of corporate mergers and acquisitions- they know how to check on the bona fides of potential bidders.

I must stress that the fact the bidders have the money now does not guarrantee they will spend it on Rovers in the way they say they will. That is down to the skill of the Trust negotiators and their lawyers and if nothing else is a very good reason for taking things slowly and steadily to get that right for the club. All the leverage over the bidders exists now. There is little that can be done once the contract of sale is signed.

The selling party is the Walker Trust. The best way of thinking about this is the selling party is actually Jack Walker- the Rovers were Jack's passion and he provided accordingly in life as in death. The numbers such as they are in his documents are 1999 and a1999 perspective. That perspective did not include the Premier League behemoth growing 400% in a decade so the Trust has some very tricky issues to deal with.

That is the snap shot today.

Negotiations are happening in private as they should. With three front runners, the situation is complicated. They are not only second guessing the Trust and it's advisors but also each other. So to the extent we see anything, it is a tiny fraction and we might be seeing the occasional bluff designed to confuse the competition.

And of course some posters on this MB have taken it upon themselves to drive Kamy100, the most reliable sourse of information, away from the board.

Having three serious Bidders means time scales are lengthened. The Trust has to look for the best deal for the Rovers so they will talk to anybody who has been screened in as serious.

The timeframe could be measured in weeks to a conclusion now but of course one of the bidders could win with a single phone call at any time. This is the nature of selling companies.

Hey! What about these? We could fill the Blackburn End with 'em soon!

The Lancashire Telegraph understands there is at least one more party, understood to have links in Dubai, involved in negotiations about a potential takeover.

There is also believed to be American interest.

http://www.asianimage.co.uk/news/north/8310925.Indian_tycoon_makes_bid_for_Blackburn_Rovers/

Guest Wen Y Hu

Hey! What about these? We could fill the Blackburn End with 'em soon!

The Lancashire Telegraph understands there is at least one more party, understood to have links in Dubai, involved in negotiations about a potential takeover.

There is also believed to be American interest.

http://www.asianimage.co.uk/news/north/8310925.Indian_tycoon_makes_bid_for_Blackburn_Rovers/

Don't get too excited - the article is dated 5 August... Old news. In fact, very old news.

Archived