BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

From the BRFCS news article it says "annual turnover of 17 billion Indian rupees", so that is a yearly turnover of £250k. Does anyone know how much they are actually worth or how much profit they make yearly? Those are the figures which are of more interest for me, but I doubt they are freely available and the website just seems to go in a little loop.

With you on this one Modes, Perhaps BPF or someone could clarify whether it is the actual group or if it is certain individuals related to the group? There is no logical reason why the Venky group would

1) want to buy the club

2) be able to fund/afford it,as I would have thought the Walker trust would be outperforming this company financially.

On the other hand, it is alot more feasible that one of the shareholders/owners may be an extremely wealthy individual with several other eggs in their basket! :blush:

As a possible solution; Why can't all the interested parties give their money to Syed's WGA investment company then he can invest it in Rovers. Everyone's a winner!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With you on this one Modes, Perhaps BPF or someone could clarify whether it is the actual group or if it is certain individuals related to the group? There is no logical reason why the Venky group would

1) want to buy the club

2) be able to fund/afford it,as I would have thought the Walker trust would be outperforming this company financially.

On the other hand, it is alot more feasible that one of the shareholders/owners may be an extremely wealthy individual with several other eggs in their basket! :blush:

As a possible solution; Why can't all the interested parties give their money to Syed's WGA investment company then he can invest it in Rovers. Everyone's a winner!

Dont think so (wealthy shareholders) just done a quick check on none family members, nothing jumps out.

Bottom of this page shareholders with more than 1%, even though they are dated 2007 the individuals have not changed from the last accounts just easier to read. ;)

All this talk of chickens and not a goose in sight.

A gander in the people tomorrow will no doubt be followed by a lot of clucking.

I think I have got it.......we areabout to be bought by an Indian chicken farmer!!:P

This week has seen frantic activity behind the scenes at Ewood Park, with a number of unexpected developments bringing radical change to the landscape in the ongoing bid to assume ownership of Blackburn Rovers Football Club. Doubts over the respective bids of Syed Ali and the reported mystery bidders have led to a new twist in the long-running saga, which first became widely known in June when Saurin Shah made his interest public.

While it is believed that Saurin Shah still remains on the scene, BRFCS have learnt that yet another party from India has made its interest in the purchase of Blackburn Rovers known. Reliable sources have informed BRFCS that VH Group from Pune, India, have now entered the race. VH Group have an annual turnover of 17 billion Indian rupees and are the largest manufacturer and distributor of poultry products in India, with their initial profits coming from manufacture of chicken feed.

BRFCS have contacted VH Group for a statement regarding their reported involvement, but at the time of publication they had not yet responded.

BRFCS also believe that Syed Ali's bid to purchase Rovers is close to breakdown. There still remain a number of issues which Mr Ali has not been able to clear. Sources at Ewood have also indicated that if all the current takeover talks fail, then it is likely that the club will be taken off the market and the Trust will look at an alternative method of financing the club.

If this is true, and with all due respect to Kamy I feel the whole story in now almost unbelieveablle from every source, then it's a real relief none of the national press have taken any serious interest in these stories. To be frank, and I don't use much poor language, this bunch of fecking idiots are making Rovers look a complete and utter joke. Personally speaking I do not want to Shah, Syed, the Australians, Mysterons or the chicken farmers own our club, life would be far simpler if they all p!ssed off home tomorrow. This has gone beyond a joke and should be stopped.

I cannot for the life of me understand why the trust, Rothschilds or the board have allowed a bunch of no hopers anywhere near Ewood Park.

The best bit of news in months is in bold.

Does anyone know how profitable the associated companies to the trust are ?

Maybe that could give us an insight into how the trust envisage funding for Rovers for the future, if as it seems, a sale isnt completed.

My money was firmly on the Ali camp, he is still my favourite for the purchase if he can explain his questions in a suitable fashion. I cannot fathom why a chicken farming business in India has any interest in Rovers and although there is clearly an interest from that part of the world in relation to tv revenue I do wonder why it is Rovers ?

Why have all the interested parties been Indian? To tap into Blackburn's Asian population? to crack the Indian market? Or just publicity seeking and one-upmanship from various Indian businessmen?

When I look back to the 'Revamped Riverside' thread it should make me cringe, but it just makes me sad.

Does anyone know how profitable the associated companies to the trust are ?

Maybe that could give us an insight into how the trust envisage funding for Rovers for the future, if as it seems, a sale isnt completed.

My money was firmly on the Ali camp, he is still my favourite for the purchase if he can explain his questions in a suitable fashion. I cannot fathom why a chicken farming business in India has any interest in Rovers and although there is clearly an interest from that part of the world in relation to tv revenue I do wonder why it is Rovers ?

I agree on the Ali front, from everything heard on here from nicko, philipl etc. it would seem its Ali Syed or the Trust. If its the Trust then the joy of empty transfer windows and selling our player of the season almost all of the time!!!! Off to slash my wrists!!!!

Why have all the interested parties been Indian? To tap into Blackburn's Asian population? to crack the Indian market? Or just publicity seeking and one-upmanship from various Indian businessmen?

I think that pretty much their want to take Football to India and crack the Indian market. Football is popular over there and always on tv. i also think to tap in to Lancashire Asian population aswell.

No, but no-one has mentioned THIS proposed development of their business.

That is seriously at the edge of technology and a long way from chicken food.

I did look at it but the website and pictures for that look awful, like something I knocked up. The group logo is poorly photoshopped onto the building for a start.

Something about the whole thing just doesn't add up for me and it is not just the fact they are chicken feed producers quite strangely. Although they are from a similar area to Syed, maybe they want to knock him down a peg or 2 with his billions....

This group VH have alot of business interests and Diversified. Chicken feed business is just one of their interest. Like I have said before we will just have to be wait and see. And trust JW, rovers board and trustees to find the right owner for us. they don't just want to sell us to anybody, but to the right person or group who will invest in us short and long term. Look at Liverpool, The board has loads of interest in buying the club, maybe a higher bid then they sold it for but the liverpool board wanted to find the right owner and tbh I think they have in NESV.

I did look at it but the website and pictures for that look awful, like something I knocked up. The group logo is poorly photoshopped onto the building for a start.

Something about the whole thing just doesn't add up for me and it is not just the fact they are chicken feed producers quite strangely. Although they are from a similar area to Syed, maybe they want to knock him down a peg or 2 with his billions....

I work for a global company, our website is ###### as well

Archived