BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have to say after today's events with the tables and results this can't come soon enough. One thing is certain come January we have to spend and spend big otherwise we could be looking at a return to oblivion and now tommorrow's game is vital we win by hook or crook.

and in a nutshell, that's why I wouldn't be too happy, if the club isn't sold, with the trustees coming back into the fold, even if they did restart funding at the £3m/annum level. The simple fact that they have seen fit to remove support for the squad shows they don't understand the risks they take. If we are around the bottom of the league come January, the chances are that any available cash then, would be too little, too late.

The fact is that having owners who don't want to be owners, is no good in the long run. Roversmum commented about the club possibly writing off any idea about developing overseas marketing. Whether or not there's anything in overseas marketing for rovers, it would be nice to have someone actually pushing the club to it's limits and really trying to test the market. The same approach needs to be used in all areas of marketing. That doesn't mean I'm unhappy with the way the club is being run, but sometimes things become stale and all businesses need to be continually pushing the boundaries.

I hope this is an Academic discussion but the Trust are a different animal to an ordinary "human" owner.

As with the reversal of the Flybe decision to sell, they will pragmatically approach the situation of continued ownership if that is what happens.

Expect this takeover to get more and more like the show 'Lost' over the next week...

In reference to twists, not plane crashes.

Well I have to say after today's events with the tables and results this can't come soon enough. One thing is certain come January we have to spend and spend big otherwise we could be looking at a return to oblivion and now tommorrow's game is vital we win by hook or crook.

A bit dramatic Brfcrule. A win is important but we are still in that silly stage of the season. A win would take us up to 8th or 9th.

sorry, can't help myself...VH no longer have their eggs in one basket so they need to get crackin' and buy BRFC and end this mad scramble and make things sunny side up...awful, I know.

I am sorry BPF for showing major concern I guess that has something to do with Everton climbing back out of it plunging us & Big club deep into trouble 2 points above the drop zone. Anything other than a win tommorrow would signify we are in a dog fight yes if and that is a big if we win we go to 8th or 9th but if not we are deep in the mire and with very difficult fixtures coming up after tommorrow means we could very quickly be in the drop zone with owners who don't really want us & unless we spend in January we will be in major trouble sorry BPF if that seems dramatic but the reality is we are in this perilous position at this moment in time. As they say the EPL does not lie the figures are in Black & White.

sorry, can't help myself...VH no longer have their eggs in one basket so they need to get crackin' and buy BRFC and end this mad scramble and make things sunny side up...awful, I know.

Oh I don't know........it's certainly far from the worst (mine included);)

WGA looked pretty fly when people started quoting their website and the exponential profits Syed was supposedly making. That's why people are fed up. It's going around in circles...

Fly is not the word when the Syed financial bandwagon and the mysterious Jean claude Darmon swept into Ewood in all their pomp.

Has anyone considered the fact that these prospective investors have just finally realised that their is simply no return to be made at Rovers with their money? :!:

WE all knew this from day one.................

Fly is not the word when the Syed financial bandwagon and the mysterious Jean claude Darmon swept into Ewood in all their pomp.

Has anyone considered the fact that these prospective investors have just finally realised that their is simply no return to be made at Rovers with their money? :!:

WE all knew this from day one.................

Syed said he didn't want to make money SG.

Roversmum commented about the club possibly writing off any idea about developing overseas marketing. Whether or not there's anything in overseas marketing for rovers, it would be nice to have someone actually pushing the club to it's limits and really trying to test the market. The same approach needs to be used in all areas of marketing. That doesn't mean I'm unhappy with the way the club is being run, but sometimes things become stale and all businesses need to be continually pushing the boundaries.

You and Roversmum are without doubt right about Rovers pushing for the best but can I just make a point about this..what chance Rovers looking at overseas marketing when it took nothing more than fan pressure/frustration to improve the appalling state of its own brand marketing and club shop down at Ewood?

Syed said he didn't want to make money SG.

With all respect Den,I dont believe everything I'm told.Those who can 'talk the talk' can promise the earth but rarely deliver.

From the sublime to borderline ridiculous with this takeover saga imo.

You and Roversmum are without doubt right about Rovers pushing for the best but can I just make a point about this..what chance Rovers looking at overseas marketing when it took nothing more than fan pressure/frustration to improve the appalling state of its own brand marketing and club shop down at Ewood?

well that's the point I was making.

With all respect Den,I dont believe everything I'm told.Those who can 'talk the talk' can promise the earth but rarely deliver.

Nor do I SG. That's what he said and I have no evidence that he didn't mean it, so I just take it at face value.

Exactly, SG. That says it all. Comfort Zone big time, and it really is NOT acceptable.

What would we market our club as overseas? "The club who won a title 15 years ago", or "the club which the world famous Keith Andrews plays for" maybe?

Yes ours is a special club, but not in a very marketable way. At the end of the day big names sell shirts, success brings fans from Africa, Asia etc to support clubs. Yes there's the odd ones who don't follow that (see our overseas Rovers fans on here) but there's usually some kind of story behind it.

Even if we somehow did get a few more fans in Africa and Asia, most of the merchandise sold there are knock offs anyway. Manchester United have hundreds of millions of fans and make a fair amount of money from Man Utd themed bars (which we'd never have enough fans to justify opening), multiple pre season friendlies etc, but even for them it represents a fairly small fraction of their income.

On the other hand marketing costs a lot of money, so it just wouldn't be a wise investment unless we made it into the Champions League.

As I understand it, the reason Rovers have been less than enthusiastic about developing any potential overseas market is that at the moment they have precious little budget to spend. Any serious marketing to overseas fans would cost a lot of money. A new owner keen to develop that side of the business and with enough money to make a difference would change things. For the time being though, they are planning to set up some form of club for overseas supporters but it hasn't been a priority ahead of flogging season tickets for example and whatever comes out will be fairly low key under the current budget constraints.

Not read this for a bit. You're still going on about a takeover?!

A few months back it was all manic giddiness about a multi billionaire Indian. All hilariously fictitious as it turns out, but at least you were aiming high. Now you're just grubbing around for anyone from the sub-continent who owns more than two cows and his own shack.

Got to say though, philipl has made the funniest, longest running contribution to any thread on any messageboard. Ever.

I've added 'a lot happening' to my own lexicon. It is a joke, right phil? phil?

You always miss the point Sam, a majority on here are highly cynical of the whole process.

But, if it was the real deal who wouldn't 'dare to dream'?

While we are on the topic of club finance, you lot have the best squad you've had since black and White tele, squillions in the bank and you are still a tin pot outfit from the top down- Cricket Field redevelopment and 'Football University' (oh dear!) cancelled and a manager that is going to squander everything you somehow ragged.

As I understand it, the reason Rovers have been less than enthusiastic about developing any potential overseas market is that at the moment they have precious little budget to spend. Any serious marketing to overseas fans would cost a lot of money. A new owner keen to develop that side of the business and with enough money to make a difference would change things. For the time being though, they are planning to set up some form of club for overseas supporters but it hasn't been a priority ahead of flogging season tickets for example and whatever comes out will be fairly low key under the current budget constraints.

Thanks O2G.

When I mentioned marketing, it wasn't really a criticism. It was just an attempt to illustrate the point, that in my view any business is better off with people who really want to be there. Things happen that otherwise wouldn't. JW and all have done a marvellous job with what they have had to work with.

Archived