BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

It definitely is a good move from him, but I personally feel it was his naivity which led him to this point otherwise he could have wrapped this up, had he been a ruthless businessman.

In my opinion his existing characteristics should make him more attractive to the Trust (in a weird way). I dont think he is looking to fool us, nor is he looking to swindle us, but who am I to judge.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe some of you critcise the bloke after he does something positive for the city. Maybe it is desperation this late in the game but shows several things his intentions are honourable even though he knows it is not nailed on guaranteed he will take over. Also shows he has a good heart donating to charity. So I think instead of criticising him view it with the good grace in which it was given.

What did I say about people being easily led. Look, I didn't say it wasn't a good gesture, just the timing means you have to be naive to not think it is part of a ploy to buy Rovers. It's good it has happened anyway. And with the DD fee too, does show he isn't the pauper some on here made out.

does show he isn't the pauper some on here made out.

It's a cracking gesture, there's no denying that.

Just to put it into perspective, it would hardly cover (e.g.) Samba's wages for a month. That's what we're looking at at the end of the day. A £125K donation shouldn't hold any sway in the decision making process though and I'm sure it won't.

He must have spend circa £1 million now though during the bid phase on a £50 million company. He also seems to be the only bidder spending anything. All together now Uncle Ahsan's barmy army!!!! ;-)

that money he could have used as part of the tranfer kitty ;)

Interesting comment from the LT, who everyone largely knows voices the club's "unofficial" official policies as a mouthpiece. This goes against suggestions which a number of people have heard states that the Trust will take a different approach with Rovers if talks fail.

Have you read this thread before posting that? At all? Were already talking about this donation, and have been for a while now. It's really infuriating.

oh stop it, he has just posted a link about it. There are many people who are not going to trawl through all these pages, so nothing wrong with him posting the link.

• Backroom

Have you read this thread before posting that? At all? Were already talking about this donation, and have been for a while now. It's really infuriating.

Apologies, just everytime i come on these boards there are another 7 or so more pages worth of takeover talk, which most of it is utter garbage and i saw the article was editied at 10am today so thought I'd post it!

Apologies, just everytime i come on these boards there are another 7 or so more pages worth of takeover talk, which most of it is utter garbage and i saw the article was editied at 10am today so thought I'd post it!

don't apologies it meant i didn't have to read through x number of pages to find a link to the actual article. thanks

Bribe

:lol: , what you on about now Abs? Syed donating to the Cathedral? I doubt the trust would let that influence their decision, but you never know. Syed has spent so much money on this, that i doubt he would spend that much money, if he was a chancer

well if they are not going to invest any further money, then just sell the club to whoever. Let that person put some money in, and let us be happy for a while. I Know, im frustrated with it all, im talking @#/? and I should know better. But enough is enough now, all these Indians are doing my head in now. Next we will hear of an Indian ant farmer making a bid, who is the leading ant producer in Mumbai, with 90% market share in producing Organic ants, and is worth 10 Billion dollars :rolleyes:

JW said a few months ago we were struggling to pay for ground maintenance/repairs and the under soil heating.

It would be a massive turnaround all of a sudden if the Trust would be willing to put money in new players.

I hope we never find out.

To bloody right 47er if the trust are still here at the end of January,after the diabolical lack of funds in the

summer transfer window god help us.

How anybody thinks the trust will shell out a decent enough amount of cash,to make a significant impact in the transfer window come January is sadly deluded.

Archived