BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Mr Syed is making a statement to those who doubt his ethics or think that his money may be dirty.

If the Church will take my money, why wouldn't the local Football Club.

Clever stuff!

Perhaps he went to Confession and that was his penance. If so, he may have been a very naughty boy ... (Don't tell Goldberg)

We absolutely must sell the club to Ali Syed. I don't care if some other investment group is richer, we need someone who cares about the club and the town. Some are calling Syed's comments and actions "a ploy" or whatever, but what is better? Total silence and standoffishness from these "mystery" bidders?

The scary thing however is that, besides John Williams, we don't really have anyone involved in the sale that really cares that the club gets a good owner. The Trust's only interest in the matter is the legality behind Jack's will, if they can sell us to these investment groups who only want to treat us as a business, they will. But we can't afford that. We need someone who would be willing to help us even if it seems unwise to his own personal fortunes, like Jack did. And we have to trust that Syed is that man. No other choice now.

The scary thing however is that, besides John Williams, we don't really have anyone involved in the sale that really cares that the club gets a good owner. The Trust's only interest in the matter is the legality behind Jack's will, if they can sell us to these investment groups who only want to treat us as a business, they will.

As you seem to have such great knowledge of the trust members and their feelings towards Rovers and this sale - please can you ask them when the sale will go through ?

As you seem to have such great knowledge of the trust members and their feelings towards Rovers and this sale - please can you ask them when the sale will go through ?

Because their lack of investment into the club over all these years, including not a single penny this summer, doesn't show their feelings clear as day to everyone?

Because their lack of investment into the club over all these years, including not a single penny this summer, doesn't show their feelings clear as day to everyone?

Regardless of whether the trust has any interest in Rovers or not...which I believe they do...however small it may be. They must still be bound by whatever the constraints are which were left by Mr Walker. Therefore if these restraints exist then surely they cannot legally sell to a party who is not fully committed or they would surely have done so already. They have also pledged to invest in the side over the January transfer window should a sale not materialise. Whilst you could quite easily say this was to merely protect their investment...for a club in the Championship (god forbid that situation would ever arise) would obviously be worth considerably less than a Premiership side...then that obviously means they are still protecting their asset and a sale could not be forced through. Thus they are bound by a contract or else by your claims they would have sold the club to any Tom, you or Harry. Make of that logic what you will but the way I see it is that the club will be sold to the right owner and until that happens the trust will have to invest money in order to reclaim their previous investments. I think that logic stands whether the trust are interested in the club or not.

Mr E's post is well wide of the mark. Dubdubdub is much closer to reality.

The signals I have picked up are so contradictory there is no point posting them. Something is clearly happening.

All I can add is that Ali Syed's donation to the Cathedral choir is absolutely fantastic and a clear sign of commitment to the town of Blackburn.

Mr E's post is well wide of the mark. Dubdubdub is much closer to reality.

The signals I have picked up are so contradictory there is no point posting them. Something is clearly happening.

All I can add is that Ali Syed's donation to the Cathedral choir is absolutely fantastic and a clear sign of commitment to the town of Blackburn.

Couldnt agree more Philip - a shame really that some people are cynical about the whole thing. So what if he feels this may sway it for him, a donation of that size is incedibly generous.

We absolutely must sell the club to Ali Syed. I don't care if some other investment group is richer, we need someone who cares about the club and the town. Some are calling Syed's comments and actions "a ploy" or whatever, but what is better? Total silence and standoffishness from these "mystery" bidders?

The scary thing however is that, besides John Williams, we don't really have anyone involved in the sale that really cares that the club gets a good owner. The Trust's only interest in the matter is the legality behind Jack's will, if they can sell us to these investment groups who only want to treat us as a business, they will. But we can't afford that. We need someone who would be willing to help us even if it seems unwise to his own personal fortunes, like Jack did. And we have to trust that Syed is that man. No other choice now.

I genuinely don't want to cause you any personal offence, but in my opinion that is one of the most gullible things I've seen posted here. Mr. Syed's gesture is a positive, appreciated one, but by god, it's far from game set and match.

Do we think Syed would have made this gesture/donation regardless of the takeover talks?

Maybe we should get Goldberg on the case again to find out what his devious cunning plan is ?

Joking aside I think this is a positive, its not like he is going to take it back if he doesn't buy the club. The guy is making an effort so you can't criticise him for that. I'm sure the people Blackburn Cathedral aren’t complaining either.

I have no idea of the significance of this, but perhaps someone does.

One of the Trustees top advisors has been in India for the best part of the last month.

I believe this has been to look into at least TWO of the these potential buyers.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I have no idea of the significance of this, but perhaps someone does.

One of the Trustees top advisors has been in India for the best part of the last month.

I believe this has been to look into at least TWO of the these potential buyers.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I think he just had some water over there and has taken this long to recover <_<

Putting 2&2 together...

Syed donates to local cathedral

Rovers announce participation in Asia cup (with decent opposition)

Co-incidence or are things afoot?

The Asia Cup is just a 'gift' from the Premier League to some clubs to help to raise their profile. Not significant in any way as far as takeovers are concerned.

Complete nonsense Mr.E

It's not for me to say when the deadline is...but I do hear there will be a decision by the end of the month.

There HAS to be or we are going to have this mess again in the next window.

A couple of bad results may focus a few minds, methinks.

No idea if the VH people will be there tomorrow.

Will keep an eye out for people dressed as chickens, just in case. [sorry, can't resist some of the images this whole thing throws up].

They were outside Blackburn KFC a couple of weeks ago

Dont buy it Philipl, its sickly, to think he can win over Rovers fans with this shallow donation. If we fall for it, then we're eternally doomed.

Just remind us how many CCJ's has he had against him and his businesses ? If its more than one, then we have to say its one too many.

Archived