BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

The cheque was handed over by the post man apparently although there were reported sightings of three from Syed's team trying not to be spotted at the game last night.

Situation remains that our most reliable source and our other most reliable source are saying completely different and opposite things! So Syed hasn't got a chance, oh yes he has...

Definitely busy busy though.

PS JAL- of course its a magnificent gift you dope.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cheque was handed over by the post man apparently although there were reported sightings of three from Syed's team trying not to be spotted at the game last night.

Situation remains that our most reliable source and our other most reliable source are saying completely different and opposite things! So Syed hasn't got a chance, oh yes he has...

Definitely busy busy though.

PS JAL- of course its a magnificent gift you dope.

Yes a magnanomous gift-but one that looks superificial due to its timing---

at least to the more cynical amongst us.

I'm horribly tempted to replace that second v with a p.... but I'm not sure if that's an American only euphemism.

First time I read the post I did exactly that.

The best thing about this thread is people who either claim, or by the nature of their posting indicate they are either close to the action or have a "source" within either the club and/or purchasing camps yet seem to change their angle/opinion/wording like the wind.

The only FACT is that nobody on here knows 100% what is happening, just plenty of hot air and its all rather (zzzz) boooooring (ZZZZZZZZZZ).

:brfc:

Forget what people claim to know, or that they have sources close to the club or bidders. Imagine every poster came on here, and said 'i wonder what is happening'. Imagine 50 pages of, 'i wonder what is happening', that will drive you mad. I quite enjoy the 'there is plenty happening at the moment, a deal will be done soon.' or ' the 15th the club will be sold, i bought a bottle of wine to celebrate' or ' the deal has collapsed, because Andy Cryer said so' or ' new bidder in town, another Indian billionare has entered the race to buy Rovers' or ' there is a big black SUV parked outside Ewood, registered to Ali Baba' :lol: you gotta love this thread

• Backroom

Coincidence that Rover's maybe close to takeover and Rooney announces he wants to leave United, apparently he's a boyhood Rover :P

But really, if any of the potential suitors were at last nights game at least it's a real taste of Ewood Park life. One would hope if we are to be taken over it is nearly a done deal it would be a great shame if this went on over January and we had to have another window of uncertainty. You never know what damage could be done.

As Nicko says the Asia Cup is a buggins turn thing. The club were expecting an invite in the next year or two. And anyway Hong Kong is hardly India.

Just got me wondering, we have never seemed to be interested in that kind of tournament before - against good class opposition - I know we had the Sydney one this year but there were no teams of Chelsea's stature...(sighs as another clutched at straw disappears....)

I have no idea of the significance of this, but perhaps someone does.

One of the Trustees top advisors has been in India for the best part of the last month.

I believe this has been to look into at least TWO of the these potential buyers.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I wonder who they where lookin into? Probably Syed Ali and VH group most likely? Also if he gone to India, could it be possible to have a chat with Mr Shah.

Forget what people claim to know, or that they have sources close to the club or bidders. Imagine every poster came on here, and said 'i wonder what is happening'. Imagine 50 pages of, 'i wonder what is happening', that will drive you mad. I quite enjoy the 'there is plenty happening at the moment, a deal will be done soon.' or ' the 15th the club will be sold, i bought a bottle of wine to celebrate' or ' the deal has collapsed, because Andy Cryer said so' or ' new bidder in town, another Indian billionare has entered the race to buy Rovers' or ' there is a big black SUV parked outside Ewood, registered to Ali Baba' :lol:you gotta love this thread

Oh, no; we don't! And I'm not just saying that as a rehearsal for a pantomime.

Apologies to those of you who do love this thread, but I agree with jw_upper:

The only FACT is that nobody on here knows 100% what is happening, just plenty of hot air and its all rather (zzzz) boooooring (ZZZZZZZZZZ).

Like all of us, surely, I only want the best outcome for This Great Club Of Ours [by which I mean a settlement which allows all levels of management, both on and off the pitch, to ensure our continuation till infinity in the Premier League]; but none of the posts on here really take us any closer to that.

For this old fogey, it's all getting incredibly tedious; and makes me long for the pre-internet days when, in a situation like this, we would have had to wait for a statement from the club. I kind-of hate myself for weakening and coming on here for the first time in days. :angry2:

I haven't commented much on this thread but I know one thing, unless we get from money for new players from somewhere we're screwed as far as the Premier League is concerned.

And that really has to be in time for the January transfer window.It was easy to find 3 teams worse than us last season--now it isn't.

As an aside, I just had dinner with an ex-colleague who is head of marketing for one of India's top consumer goods companies, and he wasn't the least surprised to hear that 2 or 3 or 12 Indian companies are bidding for Rovers (as in a.n.other EPL club) He confidently assured me that, within the next few years, EPL will be bigger than cricket with young adult male Indians, of whom there are only a few hundred million.

Regardless of whether the trust has any interest in Rovers or not...which I believe they do...however small it may be. They must still be bound by whatever the constraints are which were left by Mr Walker. Therefore if these restraints exist then surely they cannot legally sell to a party who is not fully committed or they would surely have done so already. They have also pledged to invest in the side over the January transfer window should a sale not materialise. Whilst you could quite easily say this was to merely protect their investment...for a club in the Championship (god forbid that situation would ever arise) would obviously be worth considerably less than a Premiership side...then that obviously means they are still protecting their asset and a sale could not be forced through. Thus they are bound by a contract or else by your claims they would have sold the club to any Tom, you or Harry. Make of that logic what you will but the way I see it is that the club will be sold to the right owner and until that happens the trust will have to invest money in order to reclaim their previous investments. I think that logic stands whether the trust are interested in the club or not.

I very clearly stated their only interest may be their obligation to Jack's will. However, that still does not protect us from the prospects of being sold to an Investment group who may put in the financial backing, but treat us as a business and have no passion for the club. But judging by a lot of these comments, many people here wouldn't mind this at all. As long as we finally get some money, who it comes from does not matter. Which is why football is in the sorry state it is today in the first place. It's no different from being a glory hunter.

As for the trust saying they'll "put in some money" in January...please stop me from laughing until the end of time. Every transfer window, John Williams comes out saying "we may spend providing we find the right targets", and every season we get jack squat. 1-2 million is too much for our "right targets". What is there to even talk about anymore? Forget them.

I very clearly stated their only interest may be their obligation to Jack's will. However, that still does not protect us from the prospects of being sold to an Investment group who may put in the financial backing, but treat us as a business and have no passion for the club. But judging by a lot of these comments, many people here wouldn't mind this at all. As long as we finally get some money, who it comes from does not matter. Which is why football is in the sorry state it is today in the first place. It's no different from being a glory hunter.

As for the trust saying they'll "put in some money" in January...please stop me from laughing until the end of time. Every transfer window, John Williams comes out saying "we may spend providing we find the right targets", and every season we get jack squat. 1-2 million is too much for our "right targets". What is there to even talk about anymore? Forget them.

A typically contradictory statement. I don't want us sold to someone who, having been fairly heavily vetted, will come in and give us some money to spend, you say. So what's the alternative? Stick with the Trust? They won't invest, you say. Forget them? Just exactly what do you want? A fairy godmother who'll come along and bring a fan with loads of dosh they just can't wait to pour into the club's coffers. I've got news for you - fairy godmothers only really exist in fairy tales, not in real life. We got lucky and got a rich uncle once, but never again. In real life you take the least worst option and work with it.

A typically contradictory statement. I don't want us sold to someone who, having been fairly heavily vetted, will come in and give us some money to spend, you say. So what's the alternative? Stick with the Trust? They won't invest, you say. Forget them? Just exactly what do you want? A fairy godmother who'll come along and bring a fan with loads of dosh they just can't wait to pour into the club's coffers. I've got news for you - fairy godmothers only really exist in fairy tales, not in real life. We got lucky and got a rich uncle once, but never again. In real life you take the least worst option and work with it.

And that's not ultrablue talking - it's me. He keeps leaving himself logged in to our computer!

We were spoilt rotten with Uncle Jack, we were so very lucky. Someone like him will never happen in football again, especially in todays football with such crazy money being splashed about.

No one is going to want to take over and throw their money down the pan. Though saying that the Citeh owners are doing that, but it's just a toy for them(using pocket change), they wouldn't shed a tear if it all went wrong.

The question is, can we survive under the current owners? We can't keep punching above our weight every season. Money has taken over football and to realistically finish mid table every season it's going to take £10 million plus of spending.

The trust know they aren't going to make any money from us, why would any owner thing differently?

We were spoilt rotten with Uncle Jack, we were so very lucky. Someone like him will never happen in football again, especially in todays football with such crazy money being splashed about.

No one is going to want to take over and throw their money down the pan. Though saying that the Citeh owners are doing that, but it's just a toy for them(using pocket change), they wouldn't shed a tear if it all went wrong.

The question is, can we survive under the current owners? We can't keep punching above our weight every season. Money has taken over football and to realistically finish mid table every season it's going to take £10 million plus of spending.

The trust know they aren't going to make any money from us, why would any owner thing differently?

No we can't survive under the current owners. We are living off the past. City fans aren't complaining are they? And neither are Chelsea's or QPR fans.There are bad takeover stories and there are good ones.

Best to be optimistic particularly when T.I.N.A.

Archived