BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the VH Group the "mystery Bidder" or are they new to the takeover process?

Been hanging around in the background but the mystery bidder is entirely seperate. I don't think you'll hear anything else from Mr Mystery now. It is a shame though, he has a Wiki page and everything...

well if they are not going to invest any further money, then just sell the club to whoever. Let that person put some money in, and let us be happy for a while. I Know, im frustrated with it all, im talking @#/? and I should know better. But enough is enough now, all these Indians are doing my head in now. Next we will hear of an Indian ant farmer making a bid, who is the leading ant producer in Mumbai, with 90% market share in producing Organic ants, and is worth 10 Billion dollars :rolleyes:

For me, Syed is the ideal owner. I don't see anything about him that really suggests otherwise. Also he has the cash, no doubt. I'd love to know in what way he has not met the Trust's expectations.

Also the Trustees have cleared funds for January, you can deny it all you want, but it is true.

It also says in the LT that if these takeover talks fail then any suggestions the club will be taken of the market is false with the current owners unlikely to inject fresh investment

The bit in bold correlates with information I heard a week or so ago second hand practically from the horses mouth so to speak.

At that point I heard there were two serious bidders, but the Club were going to have to draw a line under it all time wise at some point. IF anything was going to happen (and the emphasis seemed to be very much on "if") then we should hear by the end of this week or so.

If nothing comes off, so be it, we will still be up for sale.

There was no mention either way of the current owners putting more money in in January etc but I have to say in my personal opinion there would be more chance of a UFO landing on the centre spot at Ewood Park before kick off tonight. I'd love to be proved completely wrong in that respect however.

As an aside it was mentioned Mr. Ali Syed has spent a heck of a lot of money so far getting to whatever stage he is at.

...but I have to say in my personal opinion there would be more chance of a UFO landing on the centre spot at Ewood Park before kick off tonight. I'd love to be proved completely wrong in that respect however.

Sorry, but that's not for me Rev.

I have no proof whatsover but I'm fairly confident that a UFO landing would make a mess of the pitch (and delay the kick off). Sky would be delighted no doubt - then again they'd probably have cut to the adverts and miss it.

Not sure i quite understand, why the trust have not dismissed Syed yet. Surely, if he cannot answer certain questions the 1st time of asking, then he should not be considered. The fact that he is still around, says that he is very much still in the race to buy the club. In fact, for him to have spent so much money, shows that he means business. If he thought things were sliding away from him, then he would not waste a penny more on this deal. Dont rule him out just yet, and ill be surprised if Darmon is not being used to outline marketing opportunities and ways to enhance the club further in more countries.

Been hanging around in the background but the mystery bidder is entirely seperate. I don't think you'll hear anything else from Mr Mystery now. It is a shame though, he has a Wiki page and everything...

BPF could you tell us who Mr Mystery was if you can?

Also in The LET takeover story in the paper today says 'The Lancashire Telegraph though understand several other parties have also held talks with the club with regards a possible sale, with at least one group further advanced in their efforts thn either Mr Ali or Mr Shah'

does anybody know who this group is? is it the same group has the Mr Mystery? It's not VH group tho.

£1.50, a signed photo by Derek Fazackerley and an empty crisp packet don't count though, right pal.

I have it on very good authority there are actually 5.6 crisps available in that packet for spending, courtesy of the Walkers.

Need to wait and see what those "funds" are, if for example we only have £1-2 million to spend thats not really going to make much difference.

That would buy us another donkey..

BPF could you tell us who Mr Mystery was if you can?

Also in The LET takeover story in the paper today says 'The Lancashire Telegraph though understand several other parties have also held talks with the club with regards a possible sale, with at least one group further advanced in their efforts thn either Mr Ali or Mr Shah'

does anybody know who this group is? is it the same group has the Mr Mystery? It's not VH group tho.

Don't keep chasing that carrot, he won't actually tell you anything!

There will be big developments in the next week, but I can't actually tell you what.

to be fair dan bpf did post the pics of the indian couple before news broke out and said the let would have a sort which would be good for discussion, his contact/s seem real enough.

Yeah, but what is the point of going on a message board and saying 'I know something you don't know'? Most kids stop that kind of thing at about the age of eight but BPF and others come on here doing it at, presumably, a much older age.

That's why the takeover threads are becoming so tiresome. If you know something and you want other Rovers supporters to know then please tell us. If you know something and can't/won't tell other Rovers fans then please stop wasting our time and your own time.

to be fair dan bpf did post the pics of the indian couple before news broke out and said the let would have a sort which would be good for discussion, his contact/s seem real enough.

I guess so, but the majority of his postings just seem so ambiguous. I understand if he does have sources and can't divulge too much, but at times it's like he is teasing us by hinting at things. It's frustrating, though it's not BPF's fault, so I guess I was out of order! :-)

Though, don't you hate people that tell you they know something really juicy, but can't tell you? ;-)

I guess so, but the majority of his postings just seem so ambiguous. I understand if he does have sources and can't divulge too much, but at times it's like he is teasing us by hinting at things. It's frustrating, though it's not BPF's fault, so I guess I was out of order! :-)

Though, don't you hate people that tell you they know something really juicy, but can't tell you? ;-)

Sorry Dan, I'm not trying to frustrate you or anyone for that matter. As mentioned above, I am usually held to confidences. I try and give as much information as possible but I think that comes across as teasing sometimes.

There might be something in a post above, I know that Uncle Ali has had a busy day today.

Archived