BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

Not read this for a bit. You're still going on about a takeover?!

A few months back it was all manic giddiness about a multi billionaire Indian. All hilariously fictitious as it turns out, but at least you were aiming high. Now you're just grubbing around for anyone from the sub-continent who owns more than two cows and his own shack.

Got to say though, philipl has made the funniest, longest running contribution to any thread on any messageboard. Ever.

I've added 'a lot happening' to my own lexicon. It is a joke, right phil? phil?

Not ruling you out having to eat those words...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Philip or BPF just one question that me and many other worried fans are asking if push comes to shove and for some unknown reason if none of the parties turn not suitable and the club is back in the hands of the Trust,unlikely I know. If the unthinkable happens and we end up in the bottom 3 near xmas will part of their Plan B be to produce funds for players or would we be likely up s*** creek?. I know it is a doom & gloom scenario but it is mightily possible unless we get a victory tommorrow. I just would like to know what you'd think might be possible in case it happens?. I just want to be prepared for every eventuality just in case.

"The VH Group is one of the most highly respected businesses in India. They are highly educated, very proper and there will be absolutely no improper behaviour or corruption associated with them. They are based in Pune which is a centre of education and where practically everybody is very decent and not involved in any corruption ...

They make huge donations to charity every year.

They are not people who ego trip ...

At last some really good news emerges from the gloom, thanks Philip. To me this is the most important attribute in any bid for the Rovers. Many people have the money and we know of three who've flashed the cash but IMO this is the missing magic ingredient, as I've alluded to in a few earlier posts. If these people work out as portrayed then I think we're on to a real winner. It's all about ethics.

I suspect I know who the other folk are and if the chairman of the group promoter company is looking for a personal investment then that would be very exciting ... I'm looking for an ethical owner who has the cash resources and personal freedom to indulge a passion in the Rovers.

As I said on my last post I think we will find that the 'new' bidders are known for their ethics and they will certainly not struggle financially ...

I have a pretty shrewd idea who the second party may be, if I'm right then they/he are/is known for being an ethical outfit/person.

I might sound like a one note tune but I believe this is the number one priority for the Trustees. At the end of the day they have to have faith in the buyer to deliver what they say they will. We need to preserve our good name/reputation, we need an ongoing continuous injection of funds into the transfer pot, and we need cash not debt. None of this can be tied up in a legal document of transfer so it comes down to the ethics of the folk involved.

This one has a very good feel about it. Let's hope they are serious about completing.

Not read this for a bit. You're still going on about a takeover?!

A few months back it was all manic giddiness about a multi billionaire Indian. All hilariously fictitious as it turns out, but at least you were aiming high. Now you're just grubbing around for anyone from the sub-continent who owns more than two cows and his own shack.

Got to say though, philipl has made the funniest, longest running contribution to any thread on any messageboard. Ever.

I've added 'a lot happening' to my own lexicon. It is a joke, right phil? phil?

Thanks for popping on Sam ... Happy anniversary for tomorrow ... the day last year that your relegation bandwagon kicked into life at Ewood.

This is my humble pie post.

I had heard that the LT were going to run a story that was going to kill Syed's chances of buying Rovers.

Instead I understand it is in fact a very good news and amazingly positive story about Syed in the LT this morning.

Anyway, off to the airport so I won't be around to pick up the flak on here.

PS for BRFCrule, I understand there is a budget regardless of where we are in the table, no idea how much or if it will be flexed.

That is very good news about Syed. For me, despite his big entrance, and talking too much early on, had a very good plan in place. I am still of the opinion, that if he can answer all the questions, then the trust will sell to him. He no doubt has the money, but if the trust are satisfied with where it comes from, then i dont see why he wont or cant be the new owner. Fingers crossed i suppose, but whatever happens, lets hope it happens for the good of this club.

Received 2 texts:

Article in LT. £125,000 over 5 years for Choral School. Cannon Hindley said this is great for Blackburn Cathedral. Says money is from Syed's own bank account. Syed approached them to make donation. Rovers not aware of donation and say that it has no relevance to sale of club.

Also LT back page article on VH. They are in the running, reps are in UK, deal with Syed unlikely. Rovers confident club will be sold.

Brilliant news for the Cathedral and recognition of the fantastic job Richard Tanner is doing with the music there. If there is anything Premier League about Blackburn that is not the Rovers, then it is undoubtedly the music in the Cathedral.

The Rovers response seems to come over as rather churlish but these are very short text messages.

Good move for the town of Blackburn. Im not sure this is the kind of move which will sway things his way. Its more likely that Rovers have certain expectations of Syed in terms of a few unanswered questions, and if that is the case, then this move may only swing a bit of public sympathy and support for him, and under normal circumstances that could be enough but this is Rovers who rarely are pressured into any sort of decision.

Hmm, interesting. A clever move, but a little obvious, and also a little late. The timing (just after the public announcement of the quite charitable chicken people joining the race) shows he is doing it to cut off or compete with rivals, especially since it is to a religion that isn't his own, but is the one most of the fans follow (who aren't atheist like myself anyway). If he'd done it back when his interest became public, it would have been a tremendous PR coup and made him look really free with the cash. But now it comes off a little desperate and as a business strategy. To me at least, and I'm sure to plenty of others. But people in general are often easily led.

The key will be how the Trust view it. On the plus side, at least the town gets investment (even if as an atheist I'd rather it was in something like a local charity for domestic abuse etc). The cathedral has always been a central part of our city status bid after all.

I don't believe some of you critcise the bloke after he does something positive for the city. Maybe it is desperation this late in the game but shows several things his intentions are honourable even though he knows it is not nailed on guaranteed he will take over. Also shows he has a good heart donating to charity. So I think instead of criticising him view it with the good grace in which it was given.

Archived